Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 07:02 AM

17,390 posts, read 11,922,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
Texas is not my favorite state at all, but what was the point of this thread? It seems like it's just here to bait responses from Texans.

Texas is so sucessful because it's cheap as hell.

They claim they are business friendly and they are but the property taxes are through the roof.

The people who flee to Texas from California do so because they aren't wealthy enough to live here. They have even said that it's because they can afford to live there. It can be a negative for Texas though because poor people could live there for cheap and basically do nothing productive to the Texas economy. California will ALWAYS be better than Texas in terms of diversity, cities, cultures, weather, scenery, outdoor activities, and endless beauty. Texas may be doing better than us with their economy but California still comes out on top for everything else. So let's let Texans think they are number one but we all know what state people would rather live in if they could afford to.

if the price of living in CA was the same as Texas, everyone would flee to here and probably those who were forced to move to Texas would come back. Then we would have way too many people, so be thankful that this place is only for the upper middle and the rich classes.

I never understood why people flee to Texas when there are 48 other states they can move to. Colorado is way more beautiful than Texas as well as many other states. it's just because Texas is cheap cheap cheap!
Here we go again with the property tax lie. Yes, property taxes are higher as a percentage. But the actual amount is the same or less than in CA, because houses cost less. When you balance that against wages that are in line with CA, property taxes in CA are through the roof. And you get to keep much more of your pay. I almost fainted the first time I got my check. Yup, TX is cheap. And if you lefties think it's unlivable, all the better. I didn't leave to escape just the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
That does make sense. I would move to Arizona before Texas personally.

People claim that Texas has blue cities. As far as I know, Houston and Austin are the only democratic cities. am I right?

Anyway they reelected Rick Perry and I read their GOP agenda and it's pretty awful and biggoted so I don't believe it when they say it's turning blue.

Plus isn't Dallas, San Antonio and Fort Worth heavily red cities?
Please show one example to back up your outrageous claim that the agenda is biggoted.

The whole "race card" is getting sooooo old.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
You, in-fact, may be right and I would be surprized if Texas doesn't "erase" its deficit faster than California. But my statements about Texas' influence by the Bible belt is well-known. Nonetheless, Texas is struggling just like if not worse than many other states which should suggest that it's fiscal policies are not the solid by any means.
Lie, lie, lie. Well-know? Don't you mean opinion?

As for the TX economy struggling more than other states? Not CA. Get your head out of the sand, people. I know denial is all you have left, but seriously. Keep your hatred and ignorant conclusions to yourself.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:37 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,374,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Lie, lie, lie. Well-know? Don't you mean opinion?

As for the TX economy struggling more than other states? Not CA. Get your head out of the sand, people. I know denial is all you have left, but seriously. Keep your hatred and ignorant conclusions to yourself.
They can't. There's something in the water they use to make the Kool-Aid.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:36 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,830,623 times
Speaking of something in the water, do all Texans make direct replies to posts made by banned members, or is this a one-off?

Old 02-09-2011, 12:10 PM

7,712 posts, read 12,574,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Speaking of something in the water, do all Texans make direct replies to posts made by banned members, or is this a one-off?
California sur was banned?! No way!! Are you serious?! I mean, I didn't like the guy but I never reported him or wanted him to get banned! Wow.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:17 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,830,623 times
Look beneath both their screen names: "Not a member".

Old 02-09-2011, 08:24 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,139,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Look beneath both their screen names: "Not a member".
Can't say I miss the little buggar really, he was a pain in the butt.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:48 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,832,042 times
So basically what you're saying is that the states of CA and TX both outlasted some of the trolls in this thread?

Old 03-25-2011, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 4,905 times
What I don't understand about all you people arguing about who has the best religion is Where do you come up with this Rapture stuff? The word Rapture is not in the Bible ANYWHERE! If you are going to quote from the Bible and tell others what is going to happen, then read it aloud as it is written and do not add to it, there are warnings in the beginning for those that add or take away from God's words. Do not use words that are not in the Bible because that IS adding to it. It matters not what you think is right, it will happen regardless and in the end we will all stand at judgement, but Rapture Teaching? Come Now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California