U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-23-2011, 08:46 PM

4,354 posts, read 2,445,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
what is the AGW? refresh my memory please.
anthropogenic global warming
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 08:53 PM

4,815 posts, read 5,687,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
anthropogenic global warming
ok.

well I still believe in Global Warming

Old 01-23-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbe10 View Post
Sounds like you are doing nothing more than blaming the republicans for all of Amerca's problems. Did you ever stop and think that maybe the whole reason California is in the messed up/sorry state that it is in socially and economically is because of the years of wasteful spending by it's liberal leaders and their agenda's?

You make it sound like that you want the entire country to be ran by liberals and that all republicans should just dissapear. What makes you think that the complete liberalization of American politics is going to make things better in this country? I would be willing to bet all of the money in the world that it would make everything worse than what it already is.

Most importantly, just because one or two "right wingers" wants things to be like in the 1800's doesn't mean that the rest of the right wing wants it to be like that. Oh, the only ones on the right who call those on the left "Unamerican" and "Unpatriotic" are the ignorant ones that are NOT politicians, but the stereotypical red-neck types that never do any research, never watch the news, and always make uniformed decisions and state uninformed opinions.

I have noticed that your whole attitude on the California forums (especially on the San Diego one) is such that you only want people to believe and accept what you say as fact. You fiercely defend San Diego like it is a paradise, but when you come across people on here that don't like San Diego and don't see it as such, you try your best to invalidate their opinions and criticize them for their thinking. There is nothing wrong with defending where you live (I will defend Dallas anytime, anywhere until the day I die) but you take things to rediculous extremes.

You just can't accept that many people out there don't think like you and honestly, I don't think people like you should be allowed on this forum, because your attitude and constant attacking of others opinions on here is annoying and getting old REALLY fast.
hmm youre wasting your breath cause I didn't read more than the first few words. That's all it took for me to realize it was going to be some junk post about republican propaganda.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:00 PM

769 posts, read 744,187 times
Quote:
hmm youre wasting your breath cause I didn't read more than the first few words. That's all it took for me to realize it was going to be some junk post about republican propaganda.
Don't kid yourself buddy, you read the entire thing, I can tell by your response. You can take your liberal BS somewhere else because not only is it not welcome on this forum, no one cares. All you are doing with your liberal attitude is just screaming in the wind.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
ok.

well I still believe in Global Warming
Earth does go through warming and cooling cycles, it always has.

If "global warming" is real, what could be causing it?

Old 01-23-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Earth does go through warming and cooling cycles, it always has.

If "global warming" is real, what could be causing it?

interesting read. thanks

Old 01-23-2011, 09:17 PM

993 posts, read 935,676 times
blah blah global warming
can I still drive my hummer?

Old 01-23-2011, 09:28 PM

14,964 posts, read 7,275,050 times
Well, let me try to get this thread back on topic. Here's an online article I found regarding the Superstorm that's supposed to hit California:

Forget earthquakes, California faces massive super storm that could destroy 25 percent of homes

I especially was intrigued by the following from this article:
"According to historical records, a flood that occurred in California's Central Valley between 1861-62 flooded an area 300 miles long and 20 miles wide. It rained for 45 days straight, flooding parts of the Mojave Desert and reportedly "turn[ed] the Sacramento Valley into an inland sea, forcing the state capital to be moved from Sacramento to San Francisco for a time, and requiring Gov. Leland Stanford to take a rowboat to his inauguration."
I never knew that the state capital had to temporarily be relocated to San Francisco due to the massive flooding in Sacramento back then. Hmmm...

Old 01-23-2011, 11:19 PM

769 posts, read 744,187 times
I' am guessing that if this "Superstorm" ever does hit California, that many other parts of the country will be screwed as well, b/c it won't stop in Cali; depending on the time of the year that it hits, I imagine that once the storm system leaves Cali, it will produce either record blizzards or a massive severe weather event, such as a massive Tornado Outbreak in the Middle of the country that makes the "Super Outbreak of '74" look like a joke and flooding worse than in '93.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:15 AM

I predict there will be a super storms over Washington State, New Mexico and Maine in the ... future ...

It's possible right ... major storms like this do occur ... it just happened in Australia.

The question is ... why are they making these scare tactic announcements to the general public? If they want to prepare for such a storm then prepare ... but why the scare tactics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California