Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 08:15 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,976,453 times

Advertisements

A school cop was shot & luckily had a bullet proof vest on.

350 cops were & many still are searching for the shooter.

350 cops searching is over kill. Maybe they all had a sugar rush from their usual morning donuts.

The L.A. unified school district is a toilet.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,5132547.story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 10:27 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,788,854 times
well yes it is, LA unified never looses it's fun

Last edited by MattClyde; 01-19-2011 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: bad grammar

Old 01-19-2011, 10:32 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,150,283 times
to LAUSD's credit, the shooting in woodland hills didn't involve a student or faculty at the high school. to me, it sounded like more of a coincidence that it happened near a school the day after a shooting at another school in LA.

Old 01-19-2011, 10:54 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,976,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
to LAUSD's credit, the shooting in woodland hills didn't involve a student or faculty at the high school. to me, it sounded like more of a coincidence that it happened near a school the day after a shooting at another school in LA.
I agree but 350 cops & school lockdown for hours is crazy. It seems more & more cops are getting paranoid & with that state of mind innocent people like the man in long beach who had a water faucet & NOT a gun will be killed.

The long beach police dept are low life scum. They refuse to talk to the family of the victim that the 2 punk cops sprayed with bullets & they also refuse to release the cops names. Even the coroner & city council/mayor is not helping the family.
Sounds like long beach, ca is corrupt & dirty.

I have heard horror stories about LB & it looks to be true. DONT trust the cops & politicians in LB.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:42 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I agree but 350 cops & school lockdown for hours is crazy. It seems more & more cops are getting paranoid & with that state of mind innocent people like the man in long beach who had a water faucet & NOT a gun will be killed.

The long beach police dept are low life scum. They refuse to talk to the family of the victim that the 2 punk cops sprayed with bullets & they also refuse to release the cops names. Even the coroner & city council/mayor is not helping the family.
Sounds like long beach, ca is corrupt & dirty.

I have heard horror stories about LB & it looks to be true. DONT trust the cops & politicians in LB.
Just a couple of things here, of course I know nothing about the Long Beach situation (maybe you really don't either, only hear say) but having many friends that are cops or retired cops, if someone has something that looks like gun and it is pointed at someone, hopefully the person who it is pointed at, say a cop will shot and then ask questions.

As for cops being parianoid, do you blame them? I certainly do not. Yes, 350 is a little over kill, do you know for certain there were 350 or is that something the media may have inflected?

Nita

Old 01-22-2011, 07:30 AM

26,658 posts, read 26,627,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
... if someone has something that looks like gun and it is pointed at someone...
Absolutely agree, Nita. The police did everything they could, especially in light of the Tucson shootings. How would parents have reacted if one of the students had been killed?

Old 01-22-2011, 07:53 AM

10,020 posts, read 9,472,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Absolutely agree, Nita. The police did everything they could, especially in light of the Tucson shootings. How would parents have reacted if one of the students had been killed?
exactly... The shooter did not hesitate shooting an armed police officer, do you think he would hesitate shooting an unarmed civilian to get away.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:44 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,150,283 times
Officer's story of being shot was inconsistent from the beginning, Chief Beck says | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

the whole thing was a hoax. i hope this cop does some real time for this terrible incident.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:02 PM

964 posts, read 2,644,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSM View Post
Officer's story of being shot was inconsistent from the beginning, Chief Beck says | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

the whole thing was a hoax. i hope this cop does some real time for this terrible incident.
It was just a practical joke - a high school prank. I'll bet everyone got a good laugh.

He should get a letter of reprimand or something.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:41 PM

26,658 posts, read 26,627,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudmommy View Post
I'll bet everyone got a good laugh.
If they did, they have a very sick sense of humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California