Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What percent of CA Hand gun owners register their guns
75 to 100% 3 16.67%
50 to 75% 1 5.56%
25 to 50% 5 27.78%
Under 25% 9 50.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 07:46 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Statistics be damned. Ya want date? I got ur data. This is important stuff.

Subject: Important Data on TSA Airport Screening

Year to date statistics on Airport screening from the Department of Homeland Security:

Terrorist Plots Discovered 0
Transvestites 133
Hernias 1,485
Hemorrhoid Cases 3,172
Enlarged Prostates 8,249
Breast Implants 59,350
Natural Blondes 3
LMAOROTFPIMP! (anybody should look it up (http://www.astro.umd.edu/%7Emarshall/abbrev.html - broken link))

I wonder if any of those three natural blonds were born that way...
Quote:
Originally Posted by anncook View Post
Hi my dad has a license
To carry his gun in arkansas can be carry his gun in Ca?
Legally or illegally? Well I guess that answers that question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2011, 07:49 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
Hi my dad has a license
No, guns are licensed by state, and if he does not declare it within 60 days of coming to CA, he has committed a felony.

Old 01-22-2011, 07:52 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
No use in voting because before registration there were many gun which are still out there, some of mine are and some are not but I doubt there are very few which are used in crimes that are registered to that person
Holly smackers, proof read much?

Ya'll may hate the CA gun laws, but, it appears death by gun in CA does not rank in the top 29, so the politician feels vindicated.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:16 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anncook View Post
Hi my dad has a license
Concealed carry permits in Arkansas are accorded reciprocity in about 38 other states. Not surprisingly, California isn't one of them, nor are any of the other Pacific states, Illinois or most of the Atlantic/New England states.

A simple rule of thumb is, don't pack in a blue state (with very few exceptions). They're skeered!

Old 01-22-2011, 09:38 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,174,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Holly smackers, proof read much?

Ya'll may hate the CA gun laws, but, it appears death by gun in CA does not rank in the top 29, so the politician feels vindicated.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:56 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,866,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Another example of why the government should outlaw guns and make it a law that everyone carry bow and arrow ... preferably longbows ...
FYI nullgeo in certain European countries it was a CAPITAL offense to posses a Crossbow unless you were a member of certain groups authorized by the King. I think there were similar restrictions to longbows in England at one time also but I am not sure of that.

GL2

Old 01-22-2011, 11:12 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,016,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Concealed carry permits in Arkansas are accorded reciprocity in about 38 other states. Not surprisingly, California isn't one of them, nor are any of the other Pacific states, Illinois or most of the Atlantic/New England states.

A simple rule of thumb is, don't pack in a blue state (with very few exceptions). They're skeered!
True. But open carry is still allowed as long as the clip is out and' the chamber is empty (lol, big deal - it takes half a second to pop one in so it it's about the same) Cops are actually making a big deal out of it nowdays 'because it takes their valuable time away to check open carry folks out'

Old 01-23-2011, 06:11 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reason42 View Post
...statistics are wonderfully malleable.
Yes, they are.
Comments by readers from your link: "If you notice...the red states/highest states are where people go hunting. And not ALL these deaths are violent crime deaths. These are overall averages. Not good statistics..."
"Why does it say Definition: Number of Deaths Due to Firearms per 100,000 population, 2000 at the bottom of the page? Nine year old information?"

Old 01-23-2011, 09:39 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I agree but the politicians & courts think different. Even if you have a permit you will go to jail & be heavily fined if your weapon is loaded in your car.

I guess the dummys in sacramento think you can protect yourself with a unloaded weapon & the bullets in the locked trunk.

Is that right? WITH a CCW permit in Ca, you Still can't carry it loaded in a vehical?

yeah these are my mountains, I live it them been hiking in them most all my life. Like winter best. I have all my fingers and toes too.

Gunluvver, I met about 15 Nb farmers maybe 40 miles east of Ash Fall. Each one of them was 6 times my size . I out rednecked them, and became a celebrity for 15 minutes. It was a hi-lite of that ride

I was armed on that ride starting in NH ending in NH, so it's legal so far as I can tell. The feds state clearly one may travel if he has the permit from any place he is considered legal to any place he will be considered legal. Since it was one trip both ways, or round trip, meaning I will end up in a place I am legal I just didn't see any problem.

Now if 15 farmers want to beat me up, for looking un-like them, and each one is 6 times my size, I will wear out fighting farmer number 1, leaving farmers 2-15 with nothing to do. I have no fear of getting beat up, and wouldn't think the beating was any effort to kill me. So I would not have used a gun for SD.

Maybe if they had taken to beating my wife.

But I did crack a joke and by the time the sherriff popped the door open all his life long buddies were in hysterical fits, so the sherriff just gave me n' my wife a hard glance.

It was 'Home Coming' in that town, and after eatting I lead the parade after a black lab carringin' his own red leash.

Passing the sherriff one last time, he said "Ride Safe' i said Yes Sir.

40 states hit, no shots fired ............ in anger.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:45 AM

2 posts, read 2,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
True. But open carry is still allowed as long as the clip is out and' the chamber is empty (lol, big deal - it takes half a second to pop one in so it it's about the same) Cops are actually making a big deal out of it nowdays 'because it takes their valuable time away to check open carry folks out'
oh ok so he can carry his gun but it half to be empty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California