Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2011, 05:32 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
All it took to rebuild "American Psyche" was to invade a tiny helpless island nation boasting entire 2 (TWO) high caliber machine guns.
To be annoyingly precise, since they had just taken delivery the previous year of six Soviet-made BTR-60PB armored personnel carriers, and each BTR was equipped with one 14.5mm HMG and a 7.62mm coax MG, that would mean they boasted no less than six heavy machine guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 05:42 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remembermee View Post
all it took to rebuild "american psyche" was to invade a tiny helpless island nation boasting entire 2 (two) high caliber machine guns.
usa!! Usa!! Usa!!

Old 02-10-2011, 05:46 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,590,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
do you remember what the bill was and what the requirements were to have an abortion? I bet not.

Nita
What am I, a walking database? Arseholes voting laws in don't quite know what they vote for, they just make sure that general directions of a law is aligning well with their and their "sponsor's" interests. Grunts work details of the bills out.

It's enough for me to know very vaguely about Reagan' & conservative flip on abortions, without exact dates and bill numbers. My head is not made of rubber to absorb all kinds of information garbage.

On June 14, 1967, Ronald Reagan signed the Therapeutic Abortion Act, after only six months as California governor. From a total of 518 legal abortions in California in 1967, the number of abortions would soar to an annual average of 100,000 in the remaining years of Reagan’s two terms — more abortions than in any U.S. state prior to the advent of Roe v. Wade.

and this

“As president, Ronald Reagan was an unflagging champion of unborn human life. LOL. (What about born ones? Greedy bastard destroyed plenty of those.). Today there is a wound in our national conscience,” Reagan told a joint session of Congress in his 1986State of the Union. “America will never be whole as long as the right to life granted by our Creator is denied to the unborn.”

Reagan’s Darkest Hour : “Therapeutic” abortion in California.

I will not dig sources for your confirming great conservative fear of the first half 20th century involving over breeding poors. Want to know details dig them, it more than enough for me to know those fears were quite strong to occupy the best conservative minds.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:47 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
Always the put downs. You just can't seem to make a point without them which, along with your other utterings, makes you one of the most arrogant and unpleasant pieces of work I've ever encountered. You must be a riot on the cocktail circuit
Actually I tempered my response dear Curmie, I was going to say that it was good she put "holier than thou" in her post to differentiate herself from the others she mentioned

But I didn't, that is because I a moderate and reasonable fellow, who posts in the forum of the state he lives in..........

Branson MO, 27 degrees right now, but, hey, it was cheap, eh?
Casa De Highnlite CA cooling off now, down to 73.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:01 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
Again, you are taking things out of context. I said I had personal knowledge, let's leave it at that....
Do tell ... "Leave it at that"? -- uh, no ... If you won't share your secrets, I'm not going to accept your word ... educate us all or rant 'till you're blue in the face -- nobody will accept your protests.

Quote:
No person, Pres, garbage collector or home maker is perfect and has not made mistakes, that includes you, me and Reagan. But the list you choose to post and seem to believe is based on part truths.
Ah, but neither I, nor my garbage collector, can leave my country on a path to smoldering ruins ... there are no "part truths" about it ... the man was an unmitigated disaster and a fraud ... and the longer the lies go on the more danger others will attempt to recast his follies ... he was a fraud ... and of low character to boot ... shifty feet, shifty positions, and brain-dead policies.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:04 PM

Now, as western "anglo" & black birth rates fell below the level supplying sufficient amount of cheap labor to keep "Reaganomics" viable and retiring upper middle classes well served, conservatives (the ones that matter, not half-brained Rush listening crowd) have a dilemma on their hands. Corporate America wants lots of 3rd world immigrant families (known for much lesser hourly expectation$) to come here and multiply to ensure a steady supply of cheap labor for agriculture, construction, retail etc. jobs but they cannot open immigration gate without upsetting their xenophobic and racist base. It's a real dilemma, your petty worries about job & roof over your head is nothing compared to this trillions dollars question.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:14 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Notice the conservatives dance around, but, they cannot come up with any thing conservatives have done for the country, not to worry, I have been asking the question for years, and can get no answers, they have no problem telling me I am wrong, but, they cannot tell me what is right,,
Were it not for conservatives, the United States would now be either a nuclear wasteland, or, the Hammer & Sickle would be fluttering from our flagpoles instead of the Stars and Stripes. Now, not even liberals would care for the first option, but have long thought that they would have been delighted with the second.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:25 PM

An Interesting fact about that little psyche boosting invasion of Grenada in 1983. Army issued a total of 9,802 personal decorations as well as 3,530 Combat Infantryman's Badges but the total number of U.S. troops reached only 7,000 at "heyday" of invasion. Most of the 7000 didn't fire a shot. 19 American dead, mostly due to friendly fire and accidents.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Were it not for conservatives, the United States would now be either a nuclear wasteland, or, the Hammer & Sickle would be fluttering from our flagpoles instead of the Stars and Stripes. Now, not even liberals would care for the first option, but have long thought that they would have been delighted with the second.
One can't argue with this amount of brainwashing. It's insurmountable, totally hopeless and pointless task.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:49 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
Were it not for conservatives, the United States would now be either a nuclear wasteland, or, the Hammer & Sickle would be fluttering from our flagpoles instead of the Stars and Stripes. Now, not even liberals would care for the first option, but have long thought that they would have been delighted with the second
The Conservatives prove the failure of the public school system every day. The containment of the Soviets was the Truman Doctrine, you know, Truman, a Democrat, Oh, and the defeat of the Nazi's,, well that was opposed by the Conservatives, who knew? Well everyone. The Conservatives in America kinda liked that Hitler guy, after all, he knew how to handle the Commies, Jews, Homosexuals (aside from Goering and his acolytes), Gypsies, Russians, Eyetalians, etc. Just think what he would have done with America's racial problem, no worries about desegregation from Hitler!

And to think that liberal somehow equates to Commie, is to, well, not think.

I remember well the Democrat President John Kennedy at the Berlin Wall, his famous speech, "I want to be an East German Commie".

But, then again, it was a post by Blackshoe, from somewhere the far side of Mars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California