U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 04:19 PM

803 posts, read 1,002,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbrown View Post
I promise you it happens more in California than anywhere else.

im obsessed with them Photos from rahil (rahil) on Myspace
Dude, I have dated interracial here in Arkansas and know Indian guys who go with White girls. None with any other ethnicity though.

I go by what tons of people from Cali say about my people not being integrated and stuff.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:19 PM

2,402 posts, read 3,579,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingawayfromtherain View Post
Wow what a load of Garbage; at least most racists have enough cunning to coverup their racially motivated nonsense, but you sir lack even that.. I'd also point out that Mexicans have been in that state for a lot longer than your ancestors, and the whole agriculture industry-that feeds the whole country, is largely fueled by immigrant labor. Not saying there aren't issues to be looked at with immigration, but the whole blame everything on Mexicans is just ridiculous.As for not liking "liberal multi-culturalism," welcome to the 21st century pal, the days of dwelling in a cave raiding neighboring tribes are over..

I see, "it's a load of garbage".

Those are not the statistics.
The New York Times is lying with that map.

Thank you for clearing that up. I suppose the U.S. Census Bureau and the mapping project are liars.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:21 PM

2,402 posts, read 3,579,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
I believe that writing in Bold and Randomly capitalizing letters Shows my innate Superiority (or my location on the left side of the bell curve).
I emboldened it to make it stand apart from my own writing. I didn't write it. I agree with the points made, however.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:21 PM

803 posts, read 1,002,926 times
Oh and I bet those type of couples exist in Northern Cal because people in Southern California are a bunch of racists.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:25 PM

41 posts, read 67,653 times
whether the statistics are "true" is irrelevant, what's racist are your halfwitt conclusions. I.e assuming that changes in the racial makeup are the cause of the state's problems. I'd tell you correlation doesn't explain causation, but it'd probably make your brain hurt..

Old 02-12-2011, 04:26 PM

1,053 posts, read 1,908,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
I didn't realize that the Pilgrims imported slaves. I didn't realize that most whites owned slaves. In fact, I could have sworn that most of the actual physical infrastructure was built by fellow whites. However, don't let the facts get in the way. I'm sure that if you could hypothetically go back in time, you'd find the way of life to fit your ideological, anti-white attitude...NOT.
You want to talk about facts retard?

FACT: African slaves were imported into America from the very beginning of America as a colony
FACT: An average of 1/4 of all whites in pre-civil war south owned slaves
FACT: The white house was built by slaves, railroads built by immigrant chinese

Slave ownership approached 50% in parts of the south! This continued until 1876 with its abolition.

Stop the bull****.

Sources:

Slaves Who Built the White House

Bitter Fruits of Bondage: The demise of slavery and the collapse of the Confederacy, 1861-1865. Armisted L. Robinson. Univ of Virgina Press, 2005.

CHINESE-AMERICAN CONTRIBUTION TO TRANSCONTINENTAL RAILROAD

Old 02-12-2011, 04:27 PM

757 posts, read 1,467,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanmode View Post
Hi All - first time poster
...To be honest, CA is not even close to the “left liberal” utopia it is perceived to be. Amsterdam in particular and Netherlands in general is very close. Everyone knows about decriminalized marijuana possession and legalized prostitution. But what struck out for me most were 35 hr work weeks and generous vacations. I used to work at a large bank, 4 days a week. I would take the Wed. off and this was the norm. Healthcare is free and education is cheap. Most Dutch people would work exactly 35 hrs and you would never ever have to work on a weekend. Despite all these “job killing” benefits, Netherlands maintained a 4% unemployment rate throughout the recession. Netherlands, and not CA, needs to be crushed and ridiculed to advance conservative ideologies.
Refreshing and insightful perspective from someone who is from and has lived and worked outside of the United States.

Keep posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atjl72 View Post
Ah, why I hate SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ONLY...let me count the ways...
Ok, I'll stop. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
No insight here. Not refreshing. Not insightful. Probably cathartic, though.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:29 PM

1,058 posts, read 977,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
I emboldened it to make it stand apart from my own writing. I didn't write it. I agree with the points made, however.
So who wrote the passage?

I guess it doesn't really matter. It seems like the vast majority of people involved in the white power movement are people who have failed at life and want someone else to blame.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:34 PM

14,330 posts, read 19,540,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingawayfromtherain View Post
I thought It would be interesting to get some perspective on this from people who live there. Most of you probably realize california gets a pretty bad wrap across the country. This attitude springs up from many people who probably have never even been to california at all.

So my question is, is this some kind of myth? What causes California to have such a bad reputation; is it the economy-there are worse states--is it the large latino population? is it because it contains Sanfrancisco? Seasonal Fires?

What are your thoughts?
CA is not the "most hated" except possibly by people in regions of the country who support Palin, the racist airhead from podunk. This perspective of CA is both misinformed, wrong, and irrelevant.

If anything, CA is the most desired state, which is why it's so expensive to live in. San Francisco for instance is not one of most expensive places to live because it's the "most hated." How ridiculous!

Old 02-12-2011, 04:35 PM

4,576 posts, read 7,879,908 times
As an "outsider" who moved to California at age 13 back in 96 I'll give my two cents:
I don't think most people have a problem with California per se. Not even on a cultural or political level. The majority of the United States is considerably east of the Mississippi, and as such they are largely unaffected and indifferent to California. Most people don't have a problem with California, rather they have a problem with California natives.

And by natives I don't mean all natives, I mean as another poster noted, a small but outlandish and vocal minority. The problem here in, rests with the fact that an outlandish and vocal minority mixed in with a silent but humble majority becomes "a few bad apples spoils the bunch". A few bad apples spoils the bunch transcends into "stereotypes exist for a reason".

To explain the prototype of an all around dislikeable Californian I would have to equate it to the girl no one liked in High School. At granite bay high class of 01' we had "K". You all know the type. The fat chick who thought she was hot, because her dad was rich. She would not have been that unlikeable, had it not been for her reprehensible personality. And when she would falter and fluster, everyone would take solace.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that a good amount of californians are a poorly-travelled lot and tend to think because california "has everything", that it has the best of everything. Which simply is not the case.
We have a desert but it is not the most interesting desert. We have the mountains, but they can not measure up to the Rockies. We have the beach, but beaches in places like florida and hilo are much, much better. We have the forest, but there are much nicer forests, where you don't have to worry about wandering off the trails and running into armed weed growers.

We have the central valley, but it is not the most majestic farm country and most would agree it ain't exactly easy on the eyes. Especially when compared to the fresh red barned, family farms, surrounded by greenery in the golden corn belt. San Francisco is urbane, but it is not the pinnacle of urbanity to anyone east of the mississippi, or rockies for that matter.

I think most importantly, some californians lack serious perspective. A good example would be when one poster from California I observed was saying "youre welcome Egypt" because facebook is hq'ed in the bay.

Never mind the fact that this is rude, or the fact that face book was started in the east coast at harvard, or the fact that the company and the person who started the hoopla in egypt had nothing to do with this poster. Simply because facebook was in the bay, he felt owed a "thank you". Now to some this may not be a big deal, and it really is not, but think, for a second, how this looks to other people.

Its very easy to see why people would see this and say "see, just like the stereotype, some californians will stop at nothing in the name of self congratulation". I don't think some people here realize that tooting ones own horn generally does not make you a well regarded folk in the united states.

Most importantly I think a lot of Californians are quite frankly, a hyper-sensitive lot. Its funny because in places like New York or Chicago, and other places back east, it is seen as a badge of honor to be able to negatively critique ones city or state. The more you know about the short comings and the more you speak on it, the higher people hold you in regard. Look at George Carlin, he was the type of person that commented on all sorts of every day New York nonsense and the people of the city loved him for it.

Considering the 20 or 30 years of left coast bashing of the "bible belt" and "midwest" you would think Californians would be able to handle a little California bashing, but quite frankly many here can dish it out but they simpy can not take it. Which was something I realized about Californians when I first moved here in 96.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or