U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 06:07 PM

16,435 posts, read 22,351,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
This coming from a person obsessed over different races within the same species?

Now your saying there aren't many differences between humans and neaderthals?
I have to agree with Baydude on this one point. Neanderthals were a different species:

Modern Man Homo sapiens
Neanderthals Homo neanderthalensis

Old 02-12-2011, 06:13 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,239,232 times
Don't be intolerant!

Old 02-12-2011, 06:17 PM

2,402 posts, read 3,578,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
So I assume that you have a link to this person who survived inside a "big fish" right? It isn't one of those stories with zero evidence, right?

Who's to say it didn't happen, that is your proof.

I think it is funny that creationists will ask for every fossil in the fossil record. However, some guy living in a whale or another dude with every animal on a boat, nope no question there.

Then again if you slapped bible on Grimm's fairly tales there would be a bunch of idiots believing that too.
Man 'swallowed' by great white says it was like being trapped in a cave - Telegraph

If a large fish can swallow half a man's body, certainly a whale could do it. Jesus also said that the event with Jonah was historical, foreshadowing his own death and resurrection.

I don't think it's odd to ask for legitimate so-called links in the fossil record. Nothing is there. If there was something to work with, people wouldn't view it as bogus. Yet, Evolutionists purport that it's truth.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I have to agree with Baydude on this one point. Neanderthals were a different species:

Modern Man Homo sapiens
Neanderthals Homo neanderthalensis
From my research, the differences between modern man and so-called Neanderthal is minimal, at best. In most instances, there is no significant difference.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:20 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,587,339 times
Hey, can we get back to the OP and take the "anthropology" debate somewhere else?

Geez, where the heck's the Mod when you need 'em...?!!

Old 02-12-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
LOL

Neanderthals are another species that developed separately from modern humans (aka homo sapiens). Where do you get your information from lol?
LOL, you never saw a Neanderthal, or any evidence to support that it was anything other than a common man.

You get your information from lies that have been passed down, obviously.

You haven't a shred of evidence to back up your beliefs. You claim science supports it, yet it truly doesn't.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
This coming from a person obsessed over different races within the same species?

Now your saying there aren't many differences between humans and neaderthals?
Baydude, what does that have to do with anything?

I state the truth in all things, whether it be on the issue of race, crime, trends, or "evolution".

Old 02-12-2011, 06:24 PM

1,058 posts, read 977,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Man 'swallowed' by great white says it was like being trapped in a cave - Telegraph

If a large fish can swallow half a man's body, certainly a whale could do it. Jesus also said that the event with Jonah was historical, foreshadowing his own death and resurrection.

I don't think it's odd to ask for legitimate so-called links in the fossil record. Nothing is there. If there was something to work with, people wouldn't view it as bogus. Yet, Evolutionists purport that it's truth.
So a guy "half swallowed" by a great white is the equivalent of Jonah spending three nights and three days in the belly of a whale.

Got it

Old 02-12-2011, 06:25 PM

6 posts, read 6,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Probably because it has become a northern republic of Mexico.

1960: 92% White
1970: 89% White
1980: 76% White
1990: 69% White
2000: 46% White
2010: 41% White

By the way, go to the mapping America website and type in "Los Angeles".
Mapping America ? Census Bureau 2005-9 American Community Survey - NYTimes.com

In twenty years, whites will represent less than thirty percent of all Californians, and it may be as low as twenty percent. The entire state, with perhaps the exceptions of some areas on the Central Coast, the northwest coast, and the mountains, will look like Mexico.

Left Wing beliefs encouraged through public policy is destroying the Golden State. How do you like your diversity and multiculturalism now?
It is very disingenuous of you to link left wing beliefs and public policy to increasing diversification of CA. I will explain why:

1. Immigration is a federal issue and for the last 30 years conservatives have been in the Federal government, starting with Reagan, then Bush Sr and Bush Jr with only a 2 term stint by Bill Clinton in between and in that period immigration trends have not changed.

2. Since I have a lot of experience with the immigration, the strongest anti-immigrant group in the US is the labor unions. Illegal immigration is against virtually every thing that the labor unions stand for - it drives down wages, creates an underground labor market, reduces benefits available and most of all takes jobs away. Labor unions, a very left wing constituent, have been voicing against illegal immigration for a while but of course they have been labeled as anti-business and are ignored

3. The biggest tacit supporter of illegal immigration is, wait for it, the sacrilegious small business and a little less sacred, but still revered big business. Have you gone to your neighborhood Italian restaurant and looked at the kitchen ? have you visited a Wal-Mart or had a meal at a McDonalds ? And what about the agriculture industry. Illegal immigration IS pro-business, it allows you to enjoy your $1 meal with a drink and side at Taco Bell. Illegal immigration thrives as there is a near-religious belief that labor costs can always be reduced.

4. If left wing public policy was responsible for illegal immigration how do you explain the same trends in staunchly conservative states like AZ and Texas ?

Old 02-12-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingawayfromtherain View Post
Show me links to non-bias sources for those statistics. I'll show you an idiot.
You're right.

Crime levels are the same, per capita, as they were in the 50s and 60s.
The schools are better and brighter than ever.
People aren't leaving California.
Millions of non-English speaking Mexican nationals haven't illegally migrated to California.

To deny what is blatantly obvious, and to have done so little previous research, is a travesty. Talk about not being able to see the forest from the trees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or