U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 06:27 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,237,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
LOL, you never saw a Neanderthal, or any evidence to support that it was anything other than a common man.

You get your information from lies that have been passed down, obviously.

You haven't a shred of evidence to back up your beliefs. You claim science supports it, yet it truly doesn't.
No, of course not, they're just spreading stupid liberal BS. No evidence of homo erectus, homo hominid, lucy, pooosy, goosy, or their origins.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:28 PM

41 posts, read 67,638 times
hey guys why don't you move your little let's blame everything on immigrants fest to the politics forum?

Old 02-12-2011, 06:29 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,237,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingawayfromtherain View Post
hey guys why don't you move your little let's blame everything on immigrants fest to the politics forum?
Hey, you should put that in a children's book (K-1)

Old 02-12-2011, 06:30 PM

2,402 posts, read 3,577,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
So a guy "half swallowed" by a great white is the equivalent of Jonah spending three nights and three days in the belly of a whale.

Got it
I didn't say it was. My point was that if a Great White can legitimately swallow a man, then obviously a large fish or whale could.

The Bible stated that it was historic, implying that it's not an everyday, typical thing, but was designed to represent the upcoming burial and resurrection of Himself. That is, it indicates something miraculous, that only God Himself can do....that is, to bring someone back to Life or from a fate that should have been sealed.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Hey, you should put that in a children's book (K-1)
uhmm..sure.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:33 PM

2,402 posts, read 3,577,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanmode View Post
It is very disingenuous of you to link left wing beliefs and public policy to increasing diversification of CA. I will explain why:

1. Immigration is a federal issue and for the last 30 years conservatives have been in the Federal government, starting with Reagan, then Bush Sr and Bush Jr with only a 2 term stint by Bill Clinton in between and in that period immigration trends have not changed.

2. Since I have a lot of experience with the immigration, the strongest anti-immigrant group in the US is the labor unions. Illegal immigration is against virtually every thing that the labor unions stand for - it drives down wages, creates an underground labor market, reduces benefits available and most of all takes jobs away. Labor unions, a very left wing constituent, have been voicing against illegal immigration for a while but of course they have been labeled as anti-business and are ignored

3. The biggest tacit supporter of illegal immigration is, wait for it, the sacrilegious small business and a little less sacred, but still revered big business. Have you gone to your neighborhood Italian restaurant and looked at the kitchen ? have you visited a Wal-Mart or had a meal at a McDonalds ? And what about the agriculture industry. Illegal immigration IS pro-business, it allows you to enjoy your $1 meal with a drink and side at Taco Bell. Illegal immigration thrives as there is a near-religious belief that labor costs can always be reduced.

4. If left wing public policy was responsible for illegal immigration how do you explain the same trends in staunchly conservative states like AZ and Texas ?
I didn't say Republican or Democrat, I said left-wing. There have been left-wing Republicans, the Bush's are among them. Reagan was also very left-wing minded by allowing an amnesty.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:38 PM

26,346 posts, read 82,960,082 times
Quote:
The Bible stated that it was historic, implying that it's not an everyday, typical thing, but was designed to represent the upcoming burial and resurrection of Himself. That is, it indicates something miraculous, that only God Himself can do....that is, to bring someone back to Life or from a fate that should have been sealed.
You don't believe all that garbage, do you?

Last edited by Charles; 02-12-2011 at 06:52 PM..

Old 02-12-2011, 06:39 PM

1,058 posts, read 976,847 times
Quote:
I didn't say it was. My point was that if a Great White can legitimately swallow a man, then obviously a large fish or whale could.

The point isn't whether a big fish can swallow someone the point is whether someone can live inside said fish.

I know that using miraculous as a label is an attempt at legitimacy, but it is really no different than saying it's magic.

It is just funny how a white supremacist would put faith in a magical Jew.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:40 PM

6 posts, read 6,119 times
Quote:
I didn't say Republican or Democrat, I said left-wing. There have been left-wing Republicans, the Bush's are among them. Reagan was also very left-wing minded by allowing an amnesty.
I am dying laughing, "Bush was left wing" and "Reagan was also very left-wing minded"...I am choking on my food. Does anyone need to comment on this thread anymore ?

Old 02-12-2011, 06:42 PM

It's really a sad thing seeing the scapegoating of immigrants, usually done by social outcasts, who's only way to feel good about them selves is in trying to feel better than others. Immigrants are an easy target.

Thing is you can see the same arguments whatever country you're in. Just do a search for x country and you'll find the rightwing groups with their antiimmigrant arguments: they steal jobs, they're dirty, leaches that drain social services, dangerous criminals, they rape children, they burn bibles and dance with animals.. Same garbage. Now a days Mexicans are the Scapegoat of choice in this country, at one point it was the Irish, and another the chinese.. BUt it's always the same argument; it's just a pattern of sterotyping and scapegoating those that are seen as other.

As for stars and stripes there, I asked you for some credible evidence to back up your claims, still waiting..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or