U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2011, 02:26 PM

16,584 posts, read 33,753,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgamibi View Post
you sound like someone from the KKK, did you drop your pointed hood somewhere?

yea, point proven, just what I was talking about, can't you just debate or bash the argument without pulling Indian jokes out or are you really that racist?
I'm simply sick of your same old same old, so I thought I'd give you some of what you ***** about in hopes you'd go away all smug and satisfied. Or just go away.

Old 02-12-2011, 02:27 PM

803 posts, read 1,002,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
You promise me? Ok, now prove up your promise, well you can't, you can only follow your prejudices. Mebbe I should take my camera up and sit on a bench at Cow Piley, take photos of east indians with other groups.

I think the problem is this, East Indians tend toward Engineering, and now you have a problem, what girl would want to date an Engineer!
ever visited a med school? full of Indians in most cases

and yea, engineers do have a tough time gettin laid =/

Old 02-12-2011, 02:29 PM

371 posts, read 305,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgamibi View Post
I promise you Indian guy with Latina girl couple does not exist in Cali, neither does Indian guy with White girl or Indian guy with Asian girl.
I promise you it happens more in California than anywhere else.

im obsessed with them Photos from rahil (rahil) on Myspace

Old 02-12-2011, 02:48 PM

4,088 posts, read 3,689,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I've been all over the Bible Belt, so I can understand why they'd want something else to focus their ire on. It's easier that way.

A-*****'n men to that. Fear and loathing of "the other", coupled with a bizarre attraction to psuedo-"tough" leaders is a hallmark of the Conservative psychology. Just watch the Glen Beck show sometime. Remember all the scaredy-cat, teacher's pet, tattle tales you knew in school? Guess what they grew up to be!

Anyway, to get back on point, I don't think the vast majority of people around the country hate California at all. They might feel a little envious this time of year- after all, with all our problems, at least we're smart enough to keep our snow in the mountains, where it belongs!

Old 02-12-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
at least we're smart enough to keep our snow in the mountains, where it belongs!
You mean like this?

Taken last week from just down the street:

Old 02-12-2011, 03:07 PM

2,825 posts, read 4,237,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingawayfromtherain View Post
I thought It would be interesting to get some perspective on this from people who live there. Most of you probably realize california gets a pretty bad wrap across the country. This attitude springs up from many people who probably have never even been to california at all.

So my question is, is this some kind of myth? What causes California to have such a bad reputation; is it the economy-there are worse states--is it the large latino population? is it because it contains Sanfrancisco? Seasonal Fires?

What are your thoughts?
I think you pretty much nailed it. Everybody wants to live here from all over the non western world. The liberal attitude and counterculture up in the Bay Area really set us back. CA basically sets the trend for the rest of the nation, whether they like it or not. That's hard for many people to deal with.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:12 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,981,627 times
It's the kind of place people love to hate.

Reasons:

Los Angeles. It's just like where most of the people hate that hate it are from (it is the grandaddy of Americana suburbia, after all), but bigger, badder, more of everything, the good and the bad, and, of course, better weather. Once you can actually reason everything that can be reasoned out, there's still traffic and smog. So of course it's an easy target.

San Francisco. Or rather, San Franpsycho. The homeless are famous for all the wrong reasons. Everything the city does gets national attention, although by this point part of it really is just because it's SF. (I.e. the nation heard about it when the board of supes voted to restrict calorie content in fast food meals that are marketed to kids. But, of course they had to sensationalize it as "SF bans happy meals." Where was the media when Santa Clara co. decided to do it first? Nowhere, because they're not San Franpsycho.) Oh yeah, there's tons of gays here too.

Berkeley. Famous for hippies.

Of course, most people love San Diego (when I moved to CA, just about everyone I talked to was horrified that I'd even consider LA over SD), but it's easier to concentrate on LA/SF as a source of ammo because no other place has gays or hippies.

Then there's the natural disasters:

Earthquakes. Most people are terrified of these because they haven't experienced them. But the last major one was over 20 years ago, and it killed what...63 people? This is not a yearly occurence or anything close. And compare that to how many people die due to hurricanes, tornadoes, and just plain extreme weather. Granted it's reasonable to be afraid of natural disasters, but let's use a little perspective here.

Wildfires. A bunch of idiot developers in SD built houses right into wildfire territory and a bunch more idiots actually bought them. So of course these morons had to evacuate, the media made a big deal out of it, and the nation thought the entire state of CA was burning.

Other common sources of hatred:

Cost of Living. This seems like a silly reason to hate a place, because you get what you pay for, no? Besides there's many parts of CA that aren't too expensive still, they just aren't the nice/famous ones. Kind of how like the less desirable places outside of CA, including where most of the people that hate it are living, aren't too expensive either.

Crime. But this is really overblown. And the funny thing is, usually it's just LA (and to a lesser degree, SF) that people try to paint as crime-ridden cesspools, even though those cities are about average in terms of big city crime rate. I've even heard of people trying to call San Diego dangerous. (Said people think they have a nice zoo, though.) The only place people get right about actually being dangerous is Compton. Cities that actually have high crime rates (Oakland, Sacramento, Stockton, & others) are mostly ignored outside of CA.

Liberals and/or movie stars in government. Lol.

And then there's the jealousy factor:

Weather. 'nuff said.

Hot, fake people. Partially perpetuated by the media, though I'll admit I've seen my fair share of these out here too. But I'd rather have hot fake people than ugly real people, wouldn't you? Of course, hot and real is the best and we have plenty of those too, but again it's easier to hate when you say everyone's fake.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical347 View Post
Wildfires. A bunch of idiot developers in SD built houses right into wildfire territory and a bunch more idiots actually bought them. So of course these morons had to evacuate, the media made a big deal out of it, and the nation thought the entire state of CA was burning.
When I've shown people from out of state the actual size of the areas involved vs the rest of the state, they're always surprised at how small the burning areas are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical347 View Post
But I'd rather have hot fake people than ugly real people, wouldn't you?
As an ugly real person, I say "no".

Old 02-12-2011, 03:24 PM

277 posts, read 301,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
Probably because it has become a northern republic of Mexico.

1960: 92% White
1970: 89% White
1980: 76% White
1990: 69% White
2000: 46% White
2010: 41% White

By the way, go to the mapping America website and type in "Los Angeles".
Mapping America ? Census Bureau 2005-9 American Community Survey - NYTimes.com

In twenty years, whites will represent less than thirty percent of all Californians, and it may be as low as twenty percent. The entire state, with perhaps the exceptions of some areas on the Central Coast, the northwest coast, and the mountains, will look like Mexico.

Left Wing beliefs encouraged through public policy is destroying the Golden State. How do you like your diversity and multiculturalism now?
the sad thing about this is this stormfront racist probably got a bunch of rep points from his fellow white nationalist cd members that pollute this forum.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:51 PM

2,402 posts, read 3,578,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
So yes, I stated it correctly: you are a white racist -- fine, now we know who's writing ... no question about it.
There you go with the typical gut reaction of "racist" that left wingers, such as yourself, like to throw around. People with your ideology are a dime a dozen. Instead of proving me wrong, which YOU CAN'T, you attack me.

I'm fine with it, though. Being a racial realist and a white person who feels greater connection with my people, and who doesn't wish to see them vanish isn't such a bad thing.

Quote:
Now then, enjoy your future: you know, the one in which races will continue to move and mix globally ... and in which world you and your children will have to actually compete with the equal intelligence and capabilities of all other races. And thank your favorite, predominantly white European business and political leaders who have fostered the globalism of the future.

"Asia for the Asians, Africa for the Africans, White countries for Everybody

It is said that there is this RACE problem. They say this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to "assimilate," i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I'm not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn't object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.
"

Quote:
(BTW: your screen name does not reflect the same Stars and Stripes I served in combat.)
Your mindset does not reflect the founding fathers, fathers of our nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or