U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 05:14 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,986,772 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,first of all I just wanted to say that despite all the problems we face here,i'm happy to live in this great state of ours,and yes I am

1) A U.S Citizen
2) I Speak English
3) I'm not in a Gang
4) I'm not Rich either

And the area I live in is not

1) The Ghetto
2) Not Overcrowded
3) Minimal Traffic
4) Affordable Cost of Living

I brought this up after hearing so many complaints about California going downhill,etc....To be honest all these obstacles were facing here is kinda a good thing because it helps Balance things out and it also helps us to learn from our mistakes to either correct them or try to cope with problems that cannot be avoided.

The truth is everywhere you go,you will be faced with problems either sooner or later,because that's the way it will always be in this world we live in....I'm not saying for no one to leave,but what I am saying is California is still a Wonderful Place even though it's not perfect.

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 06:13 PM

5,113 posts, read 4,951,930 times
California is a great state but it also has many deep rooted problems. The problems have been getting worse and now to the point where our way of life will be significantly impacted. Problems don't fix themselves. Nobody will fix anything if no one complains. The level of complaints has increased and will further increase as conditions get worse.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:26 PM

433 posts, read 1,414,388 times
There is no real point that you made to discuss. You just made a closed ended statement.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:38 PM

757 posts, read 1,467,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
California is a great state but it also has many deep rooted problems. The problems have been getting worse and now to the point where our way of life will be significantly impacted. Problems don't fix themselves. Nobody will fix anything if no one complains. The level of complaints has increased and will further increase as conditions get worse.
You seem to have totally missed the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shope View Post
There is no real point that you made to discuss. You just made a closed ended statement.
Wrong.

There are still good pockets for English-speaking, middle-class people to live in. That was the take-home message.

The task at hand is to maintain those that still exist by keeping one's home value high so as to discourage the existing properties to be made into Section 8 properties and for newer properties to be made into high density housing. Add either of those to any community and its quality of life will suffer.

That's what could be done on the home front.

What could be done politically or legislatively to address the problems that Don has in mind? Notice I didn't say solve, just address...

Old 03-04-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
You seem to have totally missed the point.

Wrong.

There are still good pockets for English-speaking, middle-class people to live in. That was the take-home message.

The task at hand is to maintain those that still exist by keeping one's home value high so as to discourage the existing properties to be made into Section 8 properties and for newer properties to be made into high density housing. Add either of those to any community and its quality of life will suffer.

That's what could be done on the home front.

What could be done politically or legislatively to address the problems that Don has in mind? Notice I didn't say solve, just address...
Answering for the OP?

Old 03-04-2011, 09:12 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,986,772 times
The polnt I was just trying to make is California is still liveable and not some third world state that others make it out to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post

Old 03-04-2011, 09:24 PM

16,584 posts, read 33,753,827 times
Pay no attention to the haters.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
The polnt I was just trying to make is California is still liveable and not some third world state that others make it out to be.

People are complaining because of the direction we are heading and given the current situation with Fed, State and local financials/budgets/debt, business, unemployment, illegal immigration and the housing market/foreclosures we know conditions will get much worse before they get better. There has been no significant change to turn this around so until that happens we continue in the wrong direction and worse future conditions.

Some are already feeling the pain with job loss, home loss and bankruptcy and some have not experienced the pain ... yet ...

Old 03-05-2011, 09:15 PM

4 posts, read 6,171 times
Hi Everyone, I live in a cold state and want to move somewhere warm. Can anyone give me some information about the following cities? Which is the best location to live, safest with most things to do? Also best average climate? Thanks so much!

a. Madera
b. Modesto
c. Murrietta
d. Temecula

Also, does anyone know anything about living in Belize, Panama or Hawaii? Best areas there?

Old 03-07-2011, 03:03 PM

3,813 posts, read 3,655,959 times
California is a living hell, which is waiting to implode. People can dream all they want and have all of the "positive" thoughts, however, California is doomed. Financially, socially, etc. The dream of 40+ years ago is not available for the vast majority of people in the world. Anyone thinking they can live the "California Dream" is fooling themselves. The VAST MAJORITY cannot and will not. Sure, you have a success story here and there, however, the facts and truth shows you cannot live this "dream." Its not socially and, moreover, economically feasible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California