Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 11:55 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Believe me when you watch it you will be boiling for several days when you reflect on it. It really is an eye opener to how we truly are the little guys being raked over by the big guys.
It looks like a good documentary. I'll definitely watch it. As for it being an eye-opener? Meh I've known for decades that Wall Street controls things. The only time I look at the NASDAQ now is to see what the price of a barrel is today. If it's going up, I make sure to fill up as the gas pump before it hits the consumer. So far, it's been working out well ... which reminds me. I need to fill up tomorrow.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:56 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,447,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Good to know you don't excuse your own repetitiously bad behavior then.

As I said, I will respond critically to people who repetitiously insult others without foundation. I accept full responsibility for doing so. Never denied it. Denigrate and discriminate without foundation, you are likely to get a response from me. In fact, TVC, this is exactly the origin of your anger toward me. At one time you considered me in a friendly manner. Until I pointed out your unfounded denigrations of welfare recipients a few months ago. And you have taken every opportunity since to follow my posts and try to lash back at me. Knock yourself out. You're not very good at comprehension, analysis, and logical response. I'm not the only one here who has pointed this out to you. I don't mind the exercise of responding to your attacks.
You are the Master of repetitiously insulting others without foundation. I have no anger for you. You are one poster that continuously insults and attacks others if they don't see the world according to Nullgeo. The only thing I feel towards you is pity. The world does not need bitter souls constantly attacking others.

You claim that I repetitiously insult others without foundation...just as you I respond when attacked...and it at times comes off insulting...but I don't just jump in and start insulting posters. You are the master of that.

I found you friendly until you attacked without foundation. There was no validity to what you attacked me for. You believed that I must be X Y and Z if I don't support certain policies. You’re X Y and Z was unfounded.

I am surprised that you have been allowed to insult people over and over and instigate flame wars. I encourage others to report you when you get out of line on the forum.

You do this with everyone that does not see the world according to Nullgeo.

I don't follow your posts. How many posts do you have? How many of those am I in? Exactly. I can't stand to read the nonsense and insults that you post over and over against others.

When you get out of line with me through personal attacks I will now allow the mods to do their job

Old 07-25-2012, 12:02 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
It looks like a good documentary. I'll definitely watch it. As for it being an eye-opener? Meh I've known for decades that Wall Street controls things. The only time I look at the NASDAQ now is to see what the price of a barrel is today. If it's going up, I make sure to fill up as the gas pump before it hits the consumer. So far, it's been working out well ... which reminds me. I need to fill up tomorrow.
I mean it is more of an eye opener. Yes I also knew how corrupt Wall Street was but wait until you see all the other players and how they have their hands in each others pockets. It is more than just Wall Steet...remember it takes two to tango

This is another great documentary that will make your blood boil...at least it did mine. It is so sickening!

http://www.sonyclassics.com/whywefight/

You can watch this one for free from this website http://freedocumentaries.org/index.php

Last edited by TVC15; 07-25-2012 at 12:13 AM.. Reason: To add free documentaries website

Old 07-25-2012, 12:09 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times
Quote:
I mean it is more of an eye opener. Yes I also knew how corrupt Wall Street was but wait until you see all the other players and how they have their hands in each others pockets. It is more than just Wall Steet...remember it takes two to tango

This is another great documentary that will make your blood boil...at least it did mine. It is so sickening!

Why We Fight - A Film By Eugene Jarecki

Ohhh, you must mean ..... ....... politicians.

I'll check out the other documentary, too.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Ohhh, you must mean ..... ....... politicians.

I'll check out the other documentary, too.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:42 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,897,373 times
Quote:
You are the Master of repetitiously insulting others without foundation. I have no anger for you. You are one poster that continuously insults and attacks others if they don't see the world according to Nullgeo. The only thing I feel towards you is pity. The world does not need bitter souls constantly attacking others.
And yet you find it acceptable to denigrate and call stupid the people of California and people who find themselves needing to accept welfare support? I do not criticize without foundation.

Quote:
You claim that I repetitiously insult others without foundation...just as you I respond when attacked...and it at times comes off insulting...but I don't just jump in and start insulting posters. You are the master of that.
Actually, as I pointed out, you do.

Quote:
I found you friendly until you attacked without foundation. There was no validity to what you attacked me for. You believed that I must be X Y and Z if I don't support certain policies. You’re X Y and Z was unfounded.
Firstly, I didn't "attack". I didn't insult you either. I challenged your stereotyping of welfare recipients. Furthermore, as that thread went on, I provided clear evidence for my assertions -- including quoting of your demeaning statements toward those on welfare ... which quoting I did in response to your denial of having made such statements.

Nothing has changed in my posting styles from the time when you stated you enjoyed my perspectives to now -- EXCEPT that I pointed to your own unfounded insults toward a community of people. You never objected to my writing styles or philosophies or observations - until I corrected your stereotyping arrogance. So, "sounds like a personal problem to me" -- to quote you again.

Quote:
I am surprised that you have been allowed to insult people over and over and instigate flame wars. I encourage others to report you when you get out of line on the forum.

You do this with everyone that does not see the world according to Nullgeo.
And everyone who doesn't agree that "Californians are stupid" and who doesn't feel that California "should model itself on Texas' example" is what? Stupid? They should "wake up" to TVC's way of seeing things?

Meanwhile, the moderators have not seen fit to censor me. I am entirely sure they do not find me a favorite poster. So perhaps my sins are not as egregious as you suggest. Perhaps they feel there are lots of biting observations and criticisms posted constantly by many many posters -- and I do not particularly offend -- except, of course, in your view. Perhaps you can become a moderator and censure nullgeo.

Quote:
I don't follow your posts. How many posts do you have? How many of those am I in? Exactly. I can't stand to read the nonsense and insults that you post over and over against others.
As I said, wasn't a problem until I pointed our your own unfounded negativity a couple months back.[/quote]

Old 07-25-2012, 10:49 AM

More of your shenanigans.

Quote:
And yet you find it acceptable to denigrate and call stupid the people of California and people who find themselves needing to accept welfare support? I do not criticize without foundation.
You need to stop putting inaccurate crap out there. I never said the people of CA were stupid. Got it? I made comments that the voters need to get a clue and wake up. Does everyone in CA vote? Does everyone in CA vote for the exact same thing? CA voters have helped to create a mess in this state. This does not equate to calling the entire population of Californians stupid. Get it?

Quote:
Firstly, I didn't "attack". I didn't insult you either. I challenged your stereotyping of welfare recipients. Furthermore, as that thread went on, I provided clear evidence for my assertions -- including quoting of your demeaning statements toward those on welfare ... which quoting I did in response to your denial of having made such statements.
There was not stereotyping for all welfare recipents. I presented facts about the welfare mentality and the behaviors exhibited by many welfare recipients. I never said ALL welfare recipients. Get it?

Quote:
Nothing has changed in my posting styles from the time when you stated you enjoyed my perspectives to now -- EXCEPT that I pointed to your own unfounded insults toward a community of people. You never objected to my writing styles or philosophies or observations - until I corrected your stereotyping arrogance. So, "sounds like a personal problem to me" -- to quote you again.
I will say it again...it is your personal problem that that you can't tolerate reality.
And I say it proudly

Quote:
And everyone who doesn't agree that "Californians are stupid" and who doesn't feel that California "should model itself on Texas' example" is what? Stupid? They should "wake up" to TVC's way of seeing things?
CA should model itself after Texas economically...I also say this proudly. It is not rocket science to compare the two states and see which state has not fared well econimically and which state is exploding economically. I will say it as many times as it takes.

Quote:
Meanwhile, the moderators have not seen fit to censor me. I am entirely sure they do not find me a favorite poster. So perhaps my sins are not as egregious as you suggest. Perhaps they feel there are lots of biting observations and criticisms posted constantly by many many posters -- and I do not particularly offend -- except, of course, in your view. Perhaps you can become a moderator and censure nullgeo.
Really?????...HA Is that why an entire post of a personal attack on me was deleted 2 days ago by a mod? OK whatever you want to think

Quote:
As I said, wasn't a problem until I pointed our your own unfounded negativity a couple months back.
Actually it was a problem before your ignorant attacks began. I actually DM you a few times suggesting that you stop attacking others. You thought it was in reference to YTG but it was not. I have read numerous personal attacks and insults that you lash out at others. I was stunned by it...then you turned that ugly bitter poison on me. You bet I broke the CD friendship. I am not into abusive relationships. That is clearly your cup of tea.

Can you stop High Jacking this thread and keep to the topic rather than waging your personal battle with me?

OK let's get back on topic. http://www.realtystore.com/foreclosu...a-foreclosures

Last edited by TVC15; 07-25-2012 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: To post CA foreclosures link

Old 07-25-2012, 12:24 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,897,373 times
Quote:
You need to stop putting inaccurate crap out there. I never said the people of CA were stupid. Got it? I made comments that the voters need to get a clue and wake up. Does everyone in CA vote? Does everyone in CA vote for the exact same thing? CA voters have helped to create a mess in this state. This does not equate to calling the entire population of Californians stupid. Get it?
Actually, you have said "stupid" Californians many times. I am not the only one to have reacted to it.

Quote:
There was not stereotyping for all welfare recipents. I presented facts about the welfare mentality and the behaviors exhibited by many welfare recipients. I never said ALL welfare recipients. Get it?
Yes. You did stereotype ... and I challenged your "facts" about "welfare mentality" point by point ... which you persisted in defending ... and you demanded I support my statements which I did in every regard -- and you and your buddy finally had no response.

Quote:
I will say it again...it is your personal problem that that you can't tolerate reality.
And I say it proudly
I'm sure you have read enough of my posts to know my background ... if you think any of what I have lived through, overcome, and accomplished constitutes fantasy, uh .....

Quote:
CA should model itself after Texas economically...I also say this proudly. It is not rocket science to compare the two states and see which state has not fared well econimically and which state is exploding economically. I will say it as many times as it takes.
Yes, that debate rages here on both sides -- although I do not participate, others have provided very credible offsetting data to your claims of superiority ... but what is most interesting is that you persist while criticizing others for doing the same as you do.

Quote:
Actually it was a problem before your ignorant attacks began. I actually DM you a few times suggesting that you stop attacking others. You thought it was in reference to YTG but it was not. I have read numerous personal attacks and insults that you lash out at others. I was stunned by it...then you turned that ugly bitter poison on me. You bet I broke the CD friendship. I am not into abusive relationships. That is clearly your cup of tea.
No. You DM'd me once, and it was immediately following my criticizing ytg for his ceaseless, nasty denigrations and his dishonesties and misrepresentations of himself ...

Quote:
Can you stop High Jacking this thread and keep to the topic rather than waging your personal battle with me?
You first. You seem to think it is fine for you. As another poster remarked about you recently: "what's good for the goose is apparently not good for the gander" ... you have entered several threads lately in which I posted, and made snide remarks off-topic intended to needle me ... I am returning the favor.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Actually, you have said "stupid" Californians many times. I am not the only one to have reacted to it.

Yes. You did stereotype ... and I challenged your "facts" about "welfare mentality" point by point ... which you persisted in defending ... and you demanded I support my statements which I did in every regard -- and you and your buddy finally had no response.

I'm sure you have read enough of my posts to know my background ... if you think any of what I have lived through, overcome, and accomplished constitutes fantasy, uh .....

Yes, that debate rages here on both sides -- although I do not participate, others have provided very credible offsetting data to your claims of superiority ... but what is most interesting is that you persist while criticizing others for doing the same as you do.

No. You DM'd me once, and it was immediately following my criticizing ytg for his ceaseless, nasty denigrations and his dishonesties and misrepresentations of himself ...

You first. You seem to think it is fine for you. As another poster remarked about you recently: "what's good for the goose is apparently not good for the gander" ... you have entered several threads lately in which I posted, and made snide remarks off-topic intended to needle me ... I am returning the favor.
I don't use the Ignore button I just simply stop reading the nonsense that you post over and over.

I did not read one word of this post...I can guarantee that it is the same broken record amplified! Stop wasting pages with your need to battle me.

Good Grief Get a life and STOP HIGH JACKING THIS THREAD FOR YOUR PERSONAL BATTLE WITH ME THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD!

The topic is about CA foreclosures not what TVC15 said in other post that you misinterpret or want to battle me over. Get it?

Here is an interesting CA foreclousre news bit California lawmakers approve foreclosure-protection law - Chicago Tribune

Old 07-25-2012, 01:34 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
Nice try, but a nearly six month old news story?

Top Foreclosure States June 2012: California | Bankrate.com
Raw data is useless until you normalize it into a rate per 100,000 population. That way you can actually compare rates between different states instead of absolute numbers. If you didn't know that then you should have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California