Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 06:52 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,161,734 times

Advertisements

Its no surprise that that Native-born non mexican blacks and whites are fleeing. Generally speaking california would be declining in population if not for people immigrating from the third world. Understandably california is still a come up for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 10:13 AM

943 posts, read 1,321,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderful Jellal View Post
Black Hispanics ? To California ? So much ?
I know you have high numbers of them in Florida (mainly from Cuba and Dominican Rep)..
I have an aquaintance who is a Cuban who lives in Hayward, so yes, there are some here.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:06 PM

767 posts, read 1,743,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Thats great, I love chinese, japanese, vietnamese, and thai food.
That's all good and well, but will they serve someone who's not a member of their cultural group?

Immigrant-operated restaurants usually want to serve their own and no on else. They're very insular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJS View Post
I have an aquaintance who is a Cuban who lives in Hayward, so yes, there are some here.
When looking at the issue from a larger statistical point of view... oh, never mind.

I have a friend in Hayward who's Black. Just in case anyone cares. Just thought I'd mention that.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:09 PM

10,261 posts, read 12,510,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
USAToday is being a bit sensationalistic in its reporting-Sounds like East Coast wishful thinking-as if most of those dusty states back there could ever again grow the way CA still does.

Blacks didnt 'decline' in the sense that their numbers shrank, but Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islanders grew way faster and gained percentage share at a greater rate as well.

Black Population in California
2010 Census 2,299,072
2000 Census 2,263,882
10 Year Change: +35,190

i agree,

they are going to The Inland Empire (San Bernardino, Moreno Valley, etc.) and High Desert (Palmdale, Lancaster, etc.)

Old 03-10-2011, 05:02 PM

277 posts, read 379,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
That's all good and well, but will they serve someone who's not a member of their cultural group?

Immigrant-operated restaurants usually want to serve their own and no on
I can't tell if this is a joke or not.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:40 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post

Immigrant-operated restaurants usually want to serve their own and no on else. They're very insular.
Yeah, they're going to turn away income from everyone who isn't like them. Why haven't I ever experienced that?

Old 03-10-2011, 05:49 PM

167 posts, read 239,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Its no surprise that that Native-born non mexican blacks and whites are fleeing. Generally speaking california would be declining in population if not for people immigrating from the third world. Understandably california is still a come up for them.
What are you trying to imply?

Old 03-10-2011, 08:00 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,971,719 times
No offense but who f'n cares? As long as whoever is coming here knows English, thats all I care about. However, I seriously doubt most of these new Californians know English.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:12 AM

767 posts, read 1,743,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Yeah, they're going to turn away income from everyone who isn't like them. Why haven't I ever experienced that?
They don't have to serve just anyone who walks in the door and they don't have to treat all their customers with respect.

I actually have stood in line and paid before someone of their ethnic group whose food they served before they did mine. Yes, I know, I don't have to give them my business and I didn't do it again with those particular restaurants.

If you haven't had such an experience, you either weren't paying attention or you've had better luck than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
No offense but who f'n cares? As long as whoever is coming here knows English, thats all I care about. However, I seriously doubt most of these new Californians know English.
They don't know it and won't have to because they'll just stay in their ethnic enclaves for the rest of their lives.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:27 AM

45 posts, read 91,702 times
sjnative really hates immigrants..!!! yeah, all immigrants run fast food restaurants and serve their own ethnicity. There are no white collar immigrants since as you said none of them ever speak English. And of course Asians all speak in their native languages and have funny names. Have you ever been to UC Berkeley ? Sadly, you are an ignorant idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California