U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 12:24 PM

1,687 posts, read 5,384,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcaat View Post
Crap. You mean I can't say 'wicked' anymore????
Only in reference to the musical. On April 6 the national touring company starts a 16 show run in Fresno so I expect to be hearing "wicked" a lot for the next month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 09:49 PM

51 posts, read 68,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_travelbug_X View Post
Was it not Mr. LL Cool J who said:

"I'm going back to Cali, Cali, Cali...hmmm, I don't think so"
my man notorious b.i.g! I'm going going, back back, to Cali Cali

=]

Old 03-27-2011, 09:51 PM

notorious>tupac ...FTW.

:b

Old 03-29-2011, 09:53 AM

1,812 posts, read 2,849,968 times
You;re on the WRONG Thread if you;re looking to move to Cali. That's in Columbia not California

Old 03-29-2011, 10:11 AM

9,876 posts, read 6,635,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30STM View Post
You;re on the WRONG Thread if you;re looking to move to Cali. That's in Columbia not California
The country is spelled C-O-L-O-M-B-I-A. The university in New York City and the movie company is spelled "Columbia".

Yes, I am tired too of the colloquial "Cali" to refer to the state.

Old 03-30-2011, 12:06 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
14,518 posts, read 15,342,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FresnoFacts View Post
Walmart and Target are now using "Cali". Sears is using it too.
I know Walmart and Target are pretty formidable and authoritative sources, but I'm not going to call CA "Cali" until the Internet's ultimate authoritative source Wikipedia states that "Cali" is okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
The country is spelled C-O-L-O-M-B-I-A. The university in New York City and the movie company is spelled "Columbia".
And let's not forget the Columbia river at the Oregon/Washington border.

I wonder if Colombia has any rivers named ... ... ... oh never mind!

Old 03-30-2011, 04:59 PM

4,883 posts, read 7,327,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatenykid View Post
my man notorious b.i.g! I'm going going, back back, to Cali Cali

=]
That song was originally written by LL Cool J in the 80's and before you ask he's from New York. Remember what I said about out of staters?

Old 03-30-2011, 05:03 PM

4,883 posts, read 7,327,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
I think what is confusing people, myself including until the middle part of this thread, is that in English it is spelled Columbia as in British Columbia but in Spanish it's Colombia. Heck, it's even the District of Columbia (as in our capital) and there are several towns and neighborhoods (including one in the city I live in) named Columbia so it's an easy and understandable mistake to make.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
That song was originally written by LL Cool J in the 80's and before you ask he's from New York. Remember what I said about out of staters?
word but i always jammed to big, my first cd ever (ultimate hiphop party lmao)

Oerdin- gotta love america...lol

Old 03-28-2012, 01:07 AM

1 posts, read 462 times
Red face How'd it go?

Hi,
I just recently decided to move to San Diego in about a little over a year from now and i was just wondering how your transition went for you? Im from Milwaukee, WI, so i get the whole weather changing thing and i just have always felt that CA ( id say Cali but god forbid that starts a pointless up roar. ) was the place for me to be at. I hope to save enough money to get me started down there altho i am in still in school and only 21. Id just like someones input whos done the whole "pack it up and just go" type of thing. Thanks! =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California