U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-24-2011, 01:01 PM

9,787 posts, read 12,289,112 times
This started out as someone thinking that the tea party people are anti gay because they don't believe that marriage should be offered to people of the same sex. My oppinion and the oppinion of many is that no one is anti gay, our beliefe, and I am not sure if the tea party has the same beliefe, is that marriage is reserved for a man and a woman. It is the right of every child to be brought up in a home with a mom and a dad that love each other and are committed to each other. It is also the oppinion of many that no one is losing their rights when marriage is reserved for a man and a woman. Everyone could choose to get married to someone of the opposite sex. Nothing is keeping you from doing that. When people fight for the right to get married they are fighting for something that they allready have. You have the right to find someone of the opposite sex and get married to that person. No one is gay bashing here. Live as you choose. If your weekness is being with someone of the opposite sex and you don't have the ability to fight that weekness then go for it. As has been said this is something that consenting adults are doing anyway so it is not hurting anyone. Plenty of consenting adults drink and take drugs also. It is their choice to do so.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 11:41 PM

7,227 posts, read 5,669,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
So sad that in 2011 people still have 19th century thinking.
Blind adherence to religion. A choice, or unfortunate innate trait?

Old 03-25-2011, 11:59 PM

7,227 posts, read 5,669,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
It is the right of every child to be brought up in a home with a mom and a dad that love each other and are committed to each other.
A "right" bestowed by...?

Old 03-26-2011, 12:16 AM

11,738 posts, read 12,224,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
A "right" bestowed by...?
Two parents, whether of opposite sexes or the same sex, are better for a child than a single parent (single moms raising boys in particular have an extremely poor track record)

If Soon2BeSurprised thinks that a child has a right to be raised by two parents than instead of picking on gays he should pick on single moms or no-fault divorce (which CA was the first state to adopt in the early '70s, and which despite going against the doctrines of many religions wasn't controversial because it wasn't forced by the federal government but adapted by states)

Old 03-26-2011, 10:10 AM

13,047 posts, read 23,200,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Two parents, whether of opposite sexes or the same sex, are better for a child than a single parent (single moms raising boys in particular have an extremely poor track record)
Exactly what my friend the Judge has said... almost exclusively, the juvenile males that appear before him are from single parent families with no father in the picture...

Interesting, single Moms seem to be better at parenting their daughters... again, the judge believes it is due to the Mom being a better role model for their daughters by example of what not to do...

I've seen some of this when I managed a fair amount of low income rentals... it was almost a 100% the boys would be in trouble with the law if anyone was.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:58 AM

6,390 posts, read 2,809,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE
It is the right of every child to be brought up in a home with a mom and a dad that love each other and are committed to each other.
Weellll. What about a home with 21 mom's and a dad?

Old 03-27-2011, 12:38 AM

11,738 posts, read 12,224,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Exactly what my friend the Judge has said... almost exclusively, the juvenile males that appear before him are from single parent families with no father in the picture...
Most judges, cops, prosecutors, social workers, etc. will agree. For example, it is quite rare to encounter gang members from two parent families ; almost all gangbanging males are raised by single mothers.

Quote:
Interesting, single Moms seem to be better at parenting their daughters... again, the judge believes it is due to the Mom being a better role model for their daughters by example of what not to do...
Not surprising at all, since they are of the same gender they can relate more.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:32 PM

6,848 posts, read 1,766,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
I approve of and support the teabaggers, the further right they take the Republicans the less chance they have to win elections.
Look how wonderful forty years of an extremely liberal congress have been for our state! I hope we never see a Cali congressman or district rep who would dare to balance a budget, spend only what they have and not be pawns of the unions. What a disaster it would be if we weren't in extreme debt, or buried in unfunded liability and the thought of reduced political corruption is downright un-American.

When did the tea party become just a Republican thing?

Old 03-27-2011, 01:53 PM

6,390 posts, read 2,809,774 times
Quote:
When did the tea party become just a Republican thing?
Irrelevant, What I stated was that the tea baggers were taking the Republican Party so far to the right that their ability to win elections is diminished.

Just look at the collection of saps that are trying for the Republican nomination for President.

Near as I can tell, liberals are responsible for anything good that this state or the nation has done. And sure they screwed some things up. But Conservatives are always on the wrong side of history.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:33 PM

4,339 posts, read 2,096,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Irrelevant, What I stated was that the tea baggers were taking the Republican Party so far to the right that their ability to win elections is diminished.

Just look at the collection of saps that are trying for the Republican nomination for President.

Near as I can tell, liberals are responsible for anything good that this state or the nation has done. And sure they screwed some things up. But Conservatives are always on the wrong side of history.
HaHaHa! ... I guess you slept through the 2008 elections

And there is no indication 2012 will be any different.

The republicans and Tea Party are doing just fine thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California