U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 12:18 AM

26,579 posts, read 52,046,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Speaking of koolaid drinkers The teabaggers come from the 20% of Americans that consider themselves hard right. They are predominately poorly educated white Americans who are being led by their nose rings by certain extremely rich Americans. They are merely the latest incarnation of the Know Nothings, tinged with KKK.

We are fortunate in this country to have liberal propaganda and liberals, since everything good in this country including this country came from liberals and Teddy Roosevelt.
I thought Lincoln was a Republican?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 12:35 AM

5,113 posts, read 4,937,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
I thought Lincoln was a Republican?
And KKK leaders like Senator Robert Byrd were democrats

Old 03-20-2011, 08:09 AM

6,390 posts, read 7,629,887 times
Once again, ya'll demonstrate you don't know the history of your country. You equate conservative with Republican, and liberal with Democrat.

Only people who do not know the history of their own country think that is true. I suggest ya'll study a bit of American history, before, you post nonsense.

1860's Republicans were the liberals of their day.

The Democrat party, particularly the southern Democrats were very conservative, until 1964. Remember, it was the Southern Democrats i.e. i.e. Conservatives who tore this country into two pieces in order to continue owning human beings as if they were cattle.

It was the Republicans, the liberals, who fought to maintain the Union and to end the owning of humans.

The Whackos in the right wing today are the direct ideological descendants of Southern Democrats

Old 03-20-2011, 08:54 AM

7,150 posts, read 8,771,107 times
Oh goodie! We're having more visitors to the Tea Party! Break out more cups! A synopsis of where the Tea Party stands so far:

"The Hatter explains ... that he and the March Hare are always having tea because, when he tried to sing for the Queen of Hearts at her celebration, she sentenced him to death for "murdering the time," but he escapes decapitation. In retaliation, Time (referred to as a "Him") halts himself in respect to the Hatter, keeping him and the March Hare stuck at 6:00 forever. As such, he exclaims "Tea Time!" at random occasions. The tea party, when Alice arrives, is characterized by switching places on the table at any given time, making short, personal remarks, asking unanswerable riddles and reciting nonsensical poetry"

Make sense to you? Yeah, me neither ....

Old 03-20-2011, 09:07 AM

Although;
Quote:
The tea party, ....., is characterized by switching places on the table at any given time, making short, personal remarks, asking unanswerable riddles and reciting nonsensical poetry"
Did Nostradamus write this?

Old 03-20-2011, 09:40 AM

26,579 posts, read 52,046,854 times
Quote:
Once again, ya'll demonstrate you don't know the history of your country. You equate conservative with Republican, and liberal with Democrat.

Only people who do not know the history of their own country think that is true. I suggest ya'll study a bit of American history, before, you post nonsense.

The Democrat party, particularly the southern Democrats were very conservative, until 1964. Remember, it was the Southern Democrats i.e. i.e. Conservatives who tore this country into two pieces in order to continue owning human beings as if they were cattle.

It was the Republicans, the liberals, who fought to maintain the Union and to end the owning of humans.

The Whackos in the right wing today are the direct ideological descendants of Southern Democrats
Since everything comes full circle... maybe the Tea People are transforming the party... they certainly are not in step with the status quo.

It sure doesn't help to make things clear when the definitions keep changing.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:

Hahaha ... so your saying Senator Byrd used be a democrat, but really was a republican ... and at some point after he was a KKK leader he became a real democrat .... even though he called himself a democrat all along ...
Yeah ... that's the ticket!
http://jockjudge.com/images/08-jon-lovitz.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-20-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Hahaha ... so your saying Senator Byrd used be a democrat, but really was a republican, and at some point after he was a KKK leader he became a real democrat .... even though he called himself a democrat all along ...
Yeah ... that's the ticket!
Quote:
Since everything comes full circle... maybe the Tea People are transforming the party... they certainly are not in step with the status quo.

It sure doesn't help to make things clear when the definitions keep changing
What I find odd is that what I post is clear, I don't understand why you don't understand. A Conservative is a Conservative no matter what party label you attach. A liberal is a liberal no matter what party label you attach.

I have explained this time and time again. Ya'll seem to think that the Republican party has always been conservative, and the Democrat party has always been liberal.

To think like this is impossible if you know the history of your own country.

So again, research the history of your own country.

Quote:
Actually, the Tea Party has existed throughout American history under different names. It is an old philosophy, and has seldom affected the course of American history.

The Tea Party supported the Alien and Sedition Acts.

The Tea Party is the party of; Samuel F.B. Morse

The Tea Party is the party of; Charles Allen

In 1856 the Tea Party ran Millard Fillmore for President against the Republican John C Fremont, and the Democrat James Buchanon.

In 1860 The Tea Party ran John Bell for President against the Republican Lincoln and the Democrat Stephen Douglas.

The Tea Party was the Immigration Restriction League and supported the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882 and the Gentlemen's Agreement of 1907.

The Tea Party supported Wisconsin's Bennett Law, its leader there was William Hoard.

The Tea Party included Denis Kearney and the second "incarnation" of Father Coughlin, who has been reincarnated as Glenn Beck.

Charles Lindberg was a Tea Partyier.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:09 AM

Quote:
What I find odd is that what I post is clear, I don't understand why you don't understand.
Maybe itís because what you say is total BS?

Just a thought ...

No matter how many times you repeat it or post the BS it is still BS in the end.

Old 03-20-2011, 11:15 AM

The only reason you think it is BS is that you haven't bothered to fact check me, if you did, you would have cognitive dissonance, something to be avoided, eh?but, that is SOP, Conservatives prefer belief to fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or