U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-21-2011, 02:02 PM

6 posts, read 10,434 times
Default Good Cities for Doctors to Relocate

I am finishing my family practice residency in Alabama and looking for places to move in California. Can you please recommend any small-mid size safe cities with good scope for practice, very good schools. prefer communities with asians/south asians.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 04:09 PM

2,659 posts, read 2,918,949 times
Stockton, California

Old 04-13-2011, 08:19 PM

3,668 posts, read 6,831,586 times
Check out Torrance, CA.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:03 PM

1,387 posts, read 2,350,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug8076 View Post
Can you please recommend any small-mid size safe cities with good scope for practice, very good schools. prefer communities with asians/south asians.
I recommend Folsom. It is a suburb of Sacramento. It has more reasonably priced housing than LA or SF. It does not have the huge earthquake risk like the SF Bay area. Folsom has top ranked "10" rated schools.

Folsom High School

Folsom Middle School

Russell Ranch Elementary in Folsom , CA

Folsom does not have the huge south Asian population like Fremont or Sunnyvale but there is some presence there. When I was visiting the area I had some great south Indian vegetarian food there,on par with the best places in Sunnyvale.

Mylapore Restaurant, Folsom CA

Old 04-13-2011, 11:23 PM

253 posts, read 158,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug8076 View Post
I am finishing my family practice residency in Alabama and looking for places to move in California. Can you please recommend any small-mid size safe cities with good scope for practice, very good schools. prefer communities with asians/south asians.

FP...

Hmmm. Your combination of desires is a tough one. Likely, your greatest trouble will be finding a decent school system. The only one that comes to mind is Clovis. You could practice in a number to smaller surrounding communities...

The need for PMDs/PCPs is high in parts of the Valley. It's just not the greatest place to live.

If I can make two suggestions though, solo-practice is extremely difficult here... Look for a larger group, or go to Kaiser. ...and if you haven't started, get going on your license (the board is notoriously slow).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California