Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Flipinino

n/a posts

Advertisements

Los Angeles filipino population itself is at 101,062, but how proud can you really be if you figure the percentage using 3,694,820 as the entire cities population? I don't think you even want to mathematically solve that equation. Just do me a favor......type in Union City, Hayward, Fremont, Milpitas, Stockton, and Vallejo into the city/state area on the Census bureau website link I provided. The results are staggering. *OH MY*. There are 80 cities and municipalities with a population between 10,000 to 100,000 and 16 cities with a population over 100,000 in the San Francisco Bay Area and well over half of them specifically have a filipino population no less than 1,000 per city. The ONLY representatives of Los Angeles who are worth mentioning is Carson and Long Beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 08:55 PM

128 posts, read 779,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipinino View Post
You know what, you are absolutely right. The percentage is not at all 50% but I have calculated the facts and it's still at 33%.
You're just borderline math-illiterate. This is the 2nd time you've proven in a short thread that you can't count. How can 24,000 Filipinos be one third of Daly City which has a population of 103,000. That's less than one-third. In fact, its less than a quarter.

Sirang tuktok

Quote:
Los Angeles filipino population itself is at 101,062, but how proud can you really be if you figure the percentage using 3,694,820 as the entire cities population?
WTF said anything about pride? What does pride got to do with this? You can add up and pile on as many bumfark Norcal cities to get your Filipinos, but the numbers don't lie:

"Los Angeles County holds the largest Filipino settlement in the United States, with over 262,000 members of the group, followed by San Diego County, with nearly 121,000 Filipinos. The Los Angeles-Riverside-Orange County Metropolitan Area has over 370,000 Filipinos."

That means the Socal counties contains more than half of all Filipinos in the state.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Flipinino

n/a posts
It ALSO means that the only reason Socal holds more than half of all Filipinos in the state is ONLY because of its population. Imagine if the population of Northern Cali rivaled Southern Cali? Southern California would not have a prayer. The only statistics that you proved to me is NUMBERS. Percentage wise NorCal still overshadows SoCal. Oh yeah and 101,062 of 3,694,820 is still only 2.7% of Los Angeles. Completely laughable....

Old 08-02-2007, 01:51 AM
Flipinino

n/a posts
Quote:WTF said anything about pride? What does pride got to do with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertho View Post
Monterey Park and Rowland Heights is in L.A. County. Walnut and Cerritos, also both in LA County, are another majority-Asian cities. You read that right, 4 of the 6 majority Asian cities are located in one SOCAL county--Los Angeles
I'm sure your previous response answers your own current question. I was minding my own business and expressing my opinions and the facts that I used were relevant, and who decides to come along behind me "IN HIS OWN PRIDE" to defend Southern California, knit picking at my post just to glorify his own area and location? I think it's obvious to you and the public who added the fuel to the fire. I can care less if my mathematics add up to your standards or not. Why do you think I asked YOU to add up the equation? Less work for me. I despised Algebra, Geometry, and any type of Math all until the end of high school. So, if I can use you as a tool to figure out equations for me, then I hope we can continue in our disagreements.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:58 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,376,486 times
SoCal is too hot for the inland areas. I wish I was able to see NorCal because I think it is cooler and full of life (Redwood trees).

Old 08-02-2007, 02:53 AM

812 posts, read 4,065,008 times
I love the fog of San Francisco, and Northern California is the only home base for me. The weather of Southern California is too mundane for me to have all the time, and I find myself longing for the fog. But Southern California's completely different beauty (well, the stuff that hasn't been ruined by over population) I definately appreciate. The solution that works for me? Live in Norcal but maintain a place in Socal for somewhat often visits

Oh, and I understand that it's not a city, but since the original post was a list of places that Socal boasted, what about for Norcal..,

Tahoe.

Anyone that enjoys nature's gotta agree it's awesome, regardless of where your pride lies

Old 08-02-2007, 12:34 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,276,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertho View Post
This reminds of Marion Barry, mayor of DC, who once said that excluding all the murders, DC is a safe place. San Diego, a city more than twice the population of Oakland, had 68 homicidies in 2006. Care to guess Oaklands? Try 148.

Its good to be proud of your hometown, but this empty Oaktown boosterism is downright suicidal.
All your posts are anti northern California so nothing you say is relevant anyways. believe the hype if you want it keeps people out of the city out of fear not knowing how it really is here. Like I said unless you are wrapped up in the lifestyle that causes the crime you have nothing to worry about.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:56 PM

128 posts, read 779,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipinino View Post
Quote:WTF said anything about pride? What does pride got to do with this?

I'm sure your previous response answers your own current question. I was minding my own business and expressing my opinions and the facts that I used were relevant, and who decides to come along behind me "IN HIS OWN PRIDE" to defend Southern California, knit picking at my post just to glorify his own area and location? I think it's obvious to you and the public who added the fuel to the fire. I can care less if my mathematics add up to your standards or not. Why do you think I asked YOU to add up the equation? Less work for me. I despised Algebra, Geometry, and any type of Math all until the end of high school. So, if I can use you as a tool to figure out equations for me, then I hope we can continue in our disagreements.
So you don't care about getting the basic numbers wrong even though we're talking about population. I'll give you this, this form of undereducation means that you probably went to an LAUSD school.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:10 PM

277 posts, read 881,595 times
How often did you run into dirty situations like seeing "human poop" on the street? I visited for a week last year as a tourist and didn't experience this at all.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Flipinino

n/a posts
*Tisk* *Tisk* *Tisk* *Tisk*, all I hear are insults and biased opinions from you. I am not too prideful to say I've made 2 mistakes on this short thread. It all comes naturally. Human error is inevitable. Atleast when Northern Californians and native/former Los Angeles residents insult Metropolitan Los Angeles they/we have valid reason behind it. Most of what is said about Los Angeles is true. The visionaries of Greater Los Angeles future economic growth, urban sprawl, culture, etc..and so on had great intentions for the city and everything was looking positive for its future. I would not have had a problem with Los Angeles 10 years ago (even though its pollution and environmental problems would still bother me), but I would not have had as much of a problem with it as I do now. Los Angeles is nice to visit (sometimes) and I'm not going to assume that all of L.A. is bad because it isn't. Listen, there ARE good areas to live in the L.A. area. I'm sure there are families that would jump at the chance to talk about all the greatness that their community offers. But, people in Los Angeles really need to stop living in denial. Los Angeles is a contagious deadly disease and it won't be long until the entire Los Angeles area is CONTAMINATED. This is truth. Not that it can't be prevented by a miracle, but trust me it would be like ending all immigration. Every single country from around the World, their representatives, and governments would need to contribute extensive efforts to prevent the contamination of L.A. Aside from Las Vegas......according to American cities....Los Angeles IS the modern day "Soddom and Ghomorra".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California