Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 06:38 PM

1,554 posts, read 5,279,219 times

Advertisements

What exactly are you two arguing? the majority of People living in Daly City are Filipinos at 31%

Races in Daly City:

* Filipino (31.6%)
* Hispanic (22.3%)
* White Non-Hispanic (17.7%)
* Chinese (13.6%)
* Other race (11.3%)
* Two or more races (6.2%)
* Black (4.6%)
* Other Asian (2.3%)
* Asian Indian (1.0%)
* American Indian (1.0%)
* Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (0.9%)
* Japanese (0.8%)
* Korean (0.8%)
* Vietnamese (0.7%)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Flipinino

n/a posts
In addition, when I speak of Southern Cali I am referring to mainly Los Angeles itself with the 3 million + population. Los Angeles is where most of the problems lie in California (aside from its govenor in Sacramento). I don't have negative thoughts against places like San Diego metropolitan and Orange County and maybe even as far as San Bernardino. My uncle and aunt live in Riverside and when I was young I used to visit my other cousins in Bakersfield constantly. Now, Bakersfield is another city that might not recieve a very high rating from me today, but as a young child I loved it there. Palm Springs is fine in my perspective. I have also developed an interest in the El Centro area even though I have never been and am ignorant to its own scenery and growth. The majority of Southern Cali is fine in my book but as I said before I would much prefer North Central and Northern California between Santa Cruz/Monterey and Fresno all the way up to Sacramento. That's my favorable area right there. Los Angeles is only appealing in popular culture and fantasy. The city of Los Angeles is like Satan himself.....pleasing to the eyes....but bleeds a deceptive demeanor.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Flipinino

n/a posts
LOL, haha....I don't know cityboy. I thought I was correct before because when I used those statistics they weren't updated. I think the filipino population declined in Daly City for some reason. I'm guessing they moved to the other cities in the Bay Area or further to the south bay toward San Jose. In 2000 the demographics WERE at 31% in Daly City but the 2006/2007 estimates say otherwise unfortunately. It doesn't matter anyway.....there is no way Desertho is going to convince me and no way I am going to convince him/it/her. All I know is that both you and I know that the Bay Area is COVERED in diversity all throughout the Bay. San Francisco itself is not the greatest representative for diversity because in popular culture all you hear about is the caucasions mainly. The entire Bay Area is just as if not more ethnically diverse than Los Angeles is so as long as I know that, I'm satisfied.

Old 08-03-2007, 08:48 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,485,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monti View Post
Why stop with just 2? There are a BEVY of reasons

Yes, two good starters are LA and SD - both worldclass cities

The entertainment capitol of the world

The weather

The film community

HUGE and sprawling - while SF is a claustrophobic sardine packed town full of conscientious uptight overly worried "political" folk (as listed above)

The museums

Hundreds of wonderful restaurants

There is no other city quite like LA, although I can think of atleast 5 others that mirror SF...

the reasons could go on, but I gotta go for a run, best wishes!
The only thing good about california is moving out of california.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:36 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,258 posts, read 8,626,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughe Jass View Post
socal wins hands down. norcal doesnt even deserve to be a part of california.
You are so right about that, forget the wall at the border, let's build one across California, say from Santa Cruz to the Nevada border.. Don't let anything go across..
That ought to keep all that terrible Nor Cal Water in Nor Cal, and all that air that you can see, in SoCal....
Need a drink? ask Arizona,, Oh yeah, they don't have any either...
You Lose....

Old 08-04-2007, 10:55 PM
CLQ

207 posts, read 1,084,196 times
Everything that there is to do in LA is spread out all over the place...no "big city" feel like Manhattan, NY. I think SF has a better place to hang out which doesn't require wasting a full tank of gas to get to. I like living right there in the middle of action, metro living. The only problem with Nor Cal is the weather and lack of beaches. San Diego has MUCH, MUCH better beaches than LA/OC so I would rank SD #1, SF #2 and LA #10 because of the dirty beaches, dirty air, dirty cities and dirty attitudes.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:33 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,163,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLQ View Post
The only problem with Nor Cal is the weather and lack of beaches.
If you're specifically talking about San Francisco it has great weather and has several beaches including Ocean Beach which runs along the entire western side of the city.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:36 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,305,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
If you're specifically talking about San Francisco it has great weather and has several beaches including Ocean Beach which runs along the entire western side of the city.
Do I need to define "great weather?"

Old 08-05-2007, 02:10 PM

812 posts, read 4,069,949 times
I'll define great weather... San Francisco.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:35 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,013,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tande1n5 View Post
I'll define great weather... San Francisco.
I think not. But to each his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California