Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 12:17 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post
Well, this paragraph makes it look as if you and I agree. Poverty is the key issue in all of this, not race. The person I quoted in the reply you responded to made a statement saying that the Mexicans are the problem, and referred to them as poor, dirty, and dangerous - due to their culture and mentality. And that it's because of them that every city in Mexico can be described that way, because they're filled with Mexicans. That is a massive generalization of a race of people.

Read what I quoted and explain to me how this discussion can go places when statements like that are being made. I'm trying to say it's not about race, but others are focused solely on it and make degrading statements about Mexicans, while at the same time complaining when people call them on racist comments.
Yeah, agreed and you're right too ... We can discuss our numbers in the u.s and the implications of them w/o taking cheap shots and making smart remarks. That being said, as an African American, i know there are certain things about African American .. wont use culture because its a strong word .. but 'behaviors' that limit my group's general achievement and causes for economic strain on others.... If its a truthful statement, you have to just swallow it no matter how hard it is to swallow.. and a majority group provides for someone to make generalization. But we agree, sticking to the #'s and facts in the U.S w/o all the racist remarks and commentary will help this thread be constructive.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
The Spanish conquered it. The Mexicans just had it for a few years after they declared their independence. Besides, almost every country in South and North America belonged to Europeans at one

And where did yeahthatguy get those statistics from anyway???? Sources, please!
The charts were compiled on data from :
Census Bureau Home Page
It's hard data ... I left out the writeup centered on the data because i didn't want to interject any bias into the debate. The information stands alone.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludachris View Post
I do agree with this as well. But we also have to keep in mind that our national culture is comprised of countless parts of other cultures due to it being a melting pot. And it's evolved over the decades as a result. Assimilation is necessary, but we have to expect the influx of cultures to continue to shape our society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
That's the enrichment I mentioned. Enrich but don't dominate!
Which is the issue ... You have a group that maintains high poverty rates as both non-immigrants and immigrants having their population absolutely explode. It doesn't matter what the ____ race is. That held alone is an issue .. An obvious issue ... and if there are immigration policies (legal) and a lack of enforcement (illegal) contributing to it .. Such policies need to change to prevent this from snowballing.

Now, fill in the blank with : Hispanic .. because that is who the group is (FOR NOW) . This highlights the importance of immigration policies (legal) and the enforcement of (illegal) immigration. Given that things change over time, you should allow such policies to be dynamic so as to maintain healthy diversity and prosperity at all .. i.e : If this decade its race A, but next one it is B .. dynamically change the policies to correct it ...

So, everyone from all sides.. Let me know if there is a problem w/ this thinking? .... Lets come together on some rational thoughts on the topic. What say ye' all?

Old 03-25-2011, 12:29 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,683,178 times
Quote:
This thread is another ridiculous exhibition of HnL's illegal immigrant sympathy.
Another failure of the American Public School System.

I challenge you to find any post I ever made, where I stated the least bit of sympathy for illegal immigrants.

The problem here is in the reasoning of some.

If I state a fact, you rearrange it to suit your preconception.

That is pretty darned sad, if you ask me.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:14 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,683,178 times
And a strange quiet ensues.....

Old 03-25-2011, 08:58 PM

38 posts, read 106,245 times
Wow. I always thought it was more.Not sure if this is correct because numerous hispanics are being advised to refer themselves as "white" or cauc. on the census in CA

Old 03-25-2011, 09:34 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Default How's that Change working now

If you think about it, this could cure our debt somewhat. Mexico can have a bankrupt state, take care of all the welfare people and the meth heads.

I'm sure Nancy Pelsoi and Barbara Boxer won't have a problem living in MEXICO. Wonder what position the Mexican people would give them!!

Old 04-18-2011, 06:03 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Well, I claim 100% American, even if I have some Spanish blood!

Old 04-18-2011, 06:09 PM

963 posts, read 3,033,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Well, I claim 100% American, even if I have some Spanish blood!
People who live in Canada, Mexico, and Brazil are 100% American, too. They're all member nations of the Organization of American States.

OAS :: Who We Are

Old 04-18-2011, 06:15 PM

420 posts, read 877,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
I do find it humorous that people in towns named, San Diego, or Santa Barbara or Los Angeles or San Francisco, in a state named California, or Arizona, or Nevada, or New Mexico will complain about "them Mexicans taking over our: town, state, country.
So why would that be revelant when this is NOW The United States of America?? Sorry, but it is no LONGER owned by Mexico. People of mexican descent have no more rights to anything in those areas than those of Irish, Aisian or African.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California