Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 06:59 PM

253 posts, read 349,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I agree with the theory in a way but in reality, a guy with a ten million dollar house is getting a lot more protection from the Army than the guy pushing the shopping cart down Sepulveda. So, the guy with the ten million dollar house should pay more for the Army services.

Please elaborate.

Honestly, I have no idea what your getting at...

...but I could argue that "social services" enforce "daily living standards" far more for the bum "pushing a shopping cart".

...an thus he "owes" far more.

Now be honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 07:01 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reason42 View Post
Please elaborate.

Honestly, I have no idea what your getting at...

...but I could argue that "social services" enforce "daily living standards" far more for the bum "pushing a shopping cart".

...an thus he "owes" far more.

Now be honest.

The guy with the expensive house has more at stake to lose should the country be invaded. The Army is funded through taxes. It could be argued the more you have to protect the more you would contribute to maintaining the army.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:02 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,534 times
Millionaires Go Missing - WSJ.com

The Maryland state revenue office says it's "way too early" to tell how many millionaires moved out of the state when the tax rates rose. But no one disputes that some rich filers did leave. It's easier than the redistributionists think. Christopher Summers, president of the Maryland Public Policy Institute, notes: "Marylanders with high incomes typically own second homes in tax friendlier states like Florida, Delaware, South Carolina and Virginia. So it's easy for them to change their residency."
All of this means that the burden of paying for bloated government in Annapolis will fall on the middle class. Thanks to the futility of soaking the rich, these working families will now pay Mr. O'Malley's "fair share."

Old 04-01-2011, 07:08 PM

5 posts, read 11,268 times
You should tax someone more because they're successful and you're not?! Doesn't sound fair to me at all. Rich people already get taxed more then you prob do. The founding fathers wanted this nation to be full of hardworking people but that's isn't happening. It's full of people who are going ''they're successful! we should get their money because we aren't''

sttupid.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:09 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,563,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliboy101 View Post
You should tax someone more because they're successful and you're not?! Doesn't sound fair to me at all. Rich people already get taxed more then you prob do. The founding fathers wanted this nation to be full of hardworking people but that's isn't happening. It's full of people who are going ''they're successful! we should get their money because we aren't''

sttupid.

Top 25 Hedge Fund Managers compensation totaled $22 Billion in 2010

Right we need to pay more, so they can keep more!

Old 04-01-2011, 10:46 PM

253 posts, read 349,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The guy with the expensive house has more at stake to lose should the country be invaded. The Army is funded through taxes. It could be argued the more you have to protect the more you would contribute to maintaining the army.

...so what your arguing is that since the rich guy "has more" "to lose", he should pay more...

...and by extension, the "poor guy" get's more from society because he "has less"... ie, protection and other "social services" provided by the largess of the "rich guy"...

...hmmm...

You do see the not so veiled underpinnings of the argument, I hope...

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California