U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-06-2011, 02:02 AM

25,291 posts, read 33,026,650 times

Advertisements

This is good news.

Quote:
Chase, the US consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co, has said that it will open nearly 100 branches and hire over 1,500 employees in California this year.

The new bank branches will expand the Chase network to over 900 branches and more than 3,000 ATMs across California.

According to the bank, it will open nearly 65 branches in Southern California; 20 branches in Northern California, and 15 branches in Central California.

The bank said nearly half of its new branches in 2011 will be in California. Chase also plans to add a total of 525 to 700 branches in California by 2015.

Chase head of branch network in the Western US Pablo Sanchez said that California is one of Chase's high-priority growth markets, and bank plan to invest significantly in the people, facilities and technology needed to serve California consumers and businesses well.

Chase to open 100 new branches in California - Banking Business Review
I was so weirded out when I first started seeing Chase branches in California. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 02:34 AM

2,312 posts, read 1,657,761 times
This is good news. I enjoyed the wamu branches before chase swallowed them... but my local branch has the same face ^_^. I only really used to go to deposit my roommate's rent check but now that they have an iphone app that lets you deposit checks by taking pictures, i have no reason to !

+1 for technology
I am guessing chase never really had a big presence in CA and is trying to expand here. They have some of the crappiest interest rates for savings/cds... Don't even get me started on their horrible brokerage services... but they have good basic services...

Old 04-06-2011, 02:37 AM

247 posts, read 312,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
This is good news. I enjoyed the wamu branches before chase swallowed them... but my local branch has the same face ^_^. I only really used to go to deposit my roommate's rent check but now that they have an iphone app that lets you deposit checks by taking pictures, i have no reason to !

+1 for technology
I am guessing chase never really had a big presence in CA and is trying to expand here. They have some of the crappiest interest rates for savings/cds... Don't even get me started on their horrible brokerage services... but they have good basic services...
I agree. I was shocked to see they had just opened a branch in El Centro when I moved here.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,546 times
their employees seem to be happier than most bank employees, I have 3 different banks, and it's a pleasure walking into a Chase branch..

Old 06-30-2011, 07:29 PM

8,044 posts, read 10,039,382 times
Sharp sticks in the eyes of Citi, BofA (nee Nationsbank), and Wells Fargo (nee Norwest).

Old 06-30-2011, 07:48 PM

26 posts, read 17,391 times
LOL... 1,500 bank jobs.

Let me know when someone really starts hiring.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:03 PM

3,037 posts, read 3,963,162 times
I much preferred WAMU. Tellers were friendlier and remembered me. There was a kids play area for when there was a line, which made it easier to go to the bank with my toddler.

Now, there is no play area, nobody ever remembers me, I have to wait in line for a teller and they can do only very limited things. So afterward, I have to sit and wait for a "banker" to help me. Always seems like there are a lot of people there and only 1-2 helping people.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:02 PM

26 posts, read 17,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaN View Post

Now, there is no play area, nobody ever remembers me, I have to wait in line for a teller and they can do only very limited things. So afterward, I have to sit and wait for a "banker" to help me. Always seems like there are a lot of people there and only 1-2 helping people.
This.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:53 PM

14,940 posts, read 7,266,325 times
I'm a former longtime WaMu customer and really enjoyed doing business with them until they started outsourcing their telephone customer service overseas. That was enough to want to make me switch to a local credit union and I couldn't be happier. At least when I call them, I know I'm speaking to a local person.

Not to mention that Chase no longer offers free, no-strings-attached checking accounts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California