Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 02:40 PM

28,225 posts, read 36,688,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
A suspender enforcement law would solve this problem.
This school has got that covered.

Middle School Principal Creates "Don't Get Urkeled" Campaign To Keep Kids From Rockin Saggy Pants « Bossip.com | Gossip for the Hardcore | Entertainment News | Music | Fashion | Black Celebrity | Music | Videos | Love and Relationships
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 02:43 PM

28,225 posts, read 36,688,530 times
I am OK with public school dress codes. My public school had one. Individual expression to a point is fine, but showing your underwear, midriff, butt crack, or wearing a micro-mini is not appropriate for school.

(Our dress code said no spaghetti straps, shorts/skirts needed to be at the edge of your fingertips when standing, and no bare midriffs. I think there were also rules about facial hair and earrings and other jewelry for me, but that is likely too far.)

Old 04-19-2011, 02:58 PM

115 posts, read 326,004 times
That is pretty funny. Don't get Urkled!!

My opinion is that the saggy pants "style" looks stupid. But I can not think of an actual reason to justify the creation of a "no saggy pants law". Tough one.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:05 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,752,846 times
When I'm in charge of this country, the Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, and Epsilon castes will all wear their own uniforms, with the Alphas and Betas reflecting the height of demure fashion while the lower three will wear drab gray things and undergo the usual oxygen deprivation and alcohol treatment.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:27 PM

21 posts, read 66,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I've always like T and A as much as the next person but don't we go to school to learn? With some of these "fashions" they may as well go to school in their underwear or naked.

Braless girls, butt cracks and crotch shots are really, really distracting in HS.

Agreed.

When I was in school, all I wanted to do was get some girl into the back seat. I didn't care what they were wearing. That being said, some of the outfits girls were wearing didn't help to desuade me. I think school uniforms can be just as cool if you know how to wear them and they would keep honest kids honest. If kids want to hook up, it's going to happen whether they're wearing some Daisy Dukes or a boring ass school uniform but at least it wont tepmt kids and be a distraction.

I think it's more important to teach kids self respect. (easier said then done, I know) We need to show these girls that dressing like hookers isn't the way to go and show these boys who go around bustin' a sag, that they really just look like they have a steamy load in thier pants. Not cool.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:28 PM

21 posts, read 66,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X_travelbug_X View Post
That is pretty funny. Don't get Urkled!!

My opinion is that the saggy pants "style" looks stupid. But I can not think of an actual reason to justify the creation of a "no saggy pants law". Tough one.

You must not have seen that video of the kid who had a sawed off shotty down the back side of his saggy jeans.

Saggy pants = weapon hiding spot.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:10 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,113,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCubbedge View Post
You must not have seen that video of the kid who had a sawed off shotty down the back side of his saggy jeans.

Saggy pants = weapon hiding spot.
Yeah that happens so often. Here's another idea, how about getting rid of the guns?

Old 04-19-2011, 07:24 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,752,846 times
Yeah, that'll work. Are you drinking?

Old 04-19-2011, 07:30 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,286,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Now if the guys were wearing thongs I'd be more repelled but since they're usually in boxers it doesn't seem that big of a deal.
The wife and me saw a guy in the pants with a thong while we were buying groceries, it was pretty darn discusting.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:31 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,301,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Yeah that happens so often. Here's another idea, how about getting rid of the guns?
And failing that.........?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California