Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 08:46 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
And what kind of motorcycle do you drive?
?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 09:26 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy
Mainstream media systematically programmed the idiots of our society to think hedonism is freedom... Hedonism results in more money spent.. Single people spend more money on clothes/etc ... Single people don't have value in family like married people do ... Thus they spend more in hopes to achieve it through material possessions.
Quote:
And what kind of motorcycle do you drive?
Your words buddy.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:52 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,864,534 times
I'm not sure "and what kind of motorcycle do you drive?" has to do with anything but I ride a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 2006 model. I wish it was a V-Rod Harley but my Vulcan cost half of the price of the Harley and gets me to where I go with about 45mpg. I am 64 years old and have been riding motorcycles since I was 13. I own a four wheeler too but I ride a motorcycle because I love them. Over the past fifty years I have probably saved enough money by not going everywhere in a four wheeler to buy a Ferrari. If Moonbeam made all California State Employees ride a motorcycle on the job the deficit would be gone in ten years. Simple solution right?
GL2

Old 04-24-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Your words buddy.
My words misapplied for obvious reasons (again) .. what a surprise . B.T.W - I'm not single .. nor am I a brainwashed consumer .. nice try though. You really love your personal attacks and not contributing much to anything.

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 04-25-2011 at 12:10 AM..

Old 04-24-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
I'm not sure "and what kind of motorcycle do you drive?" has to do with anything but I ride a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 2006 model. I wish it was a V-Rod Harley but my Vulcan cost half of the price of the Harley and gets me to where I go with about 45mpg. I am 64 years old and have been riding motorcycles since I was 13. I own a four wheeler too but I ride a motorcycle because I love them. Over the past fifty years I have probably saved enough money by not going everywhere in a four wheeler to buy a Ferrari. If Moonbeam made all California State Employees ride a motorcycle on the job the deficit would be gone in ten years. Simple solution right?
GL2
Don't be confused gunluver .. it has nothing to do w/ the discussion... .highnlite likes to go out of his way to take jabs at people from time to time.. even though he ends up punching in the dark.. LOL

Old 04-25-2011, 10:21 AM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
mysticaltyger,
You have the perfect answer to the major problems we are facing in not only the United States but the world. Too many in our society think that hedonism is freedom. That concept has almost destroyed us.

GL2
Well said. They also think hedonism = happiness. We all fall prety to this in varying degress, so I'm not putting myself on a pedestal here...but I learned the hard way about 5 years ago that hedonism can lead to heartache, depression, and many other troubles.

Psychologists who study what makes people happy are saying the same thing. One of the better books on this topic is:

Happier: Learn the Secrets to Daily Joy and Lasting Fulfillment

Amazon.com: Happier: Learn the Secrets to Daily Joy and Lasting Fulfillment (9780071492393): Tal Ben-Shahar: Books

Old 04-25-2011, 12:26 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2
GL2
Gunluvver, had nothing to do with you. Yeahthatguy made a post about zombie hedonism, yet he drives a fancy moto and he has a fancy dirt bike, and is apparently all about making money and buying stuff, while at the same time complaining if others do the same thing. Hypocrisy I thinks.

(Note; he does not like to be called on his hypocrisy, or about his obsession with money.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:15 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times
Brown is taking ALOT of heat. He said hes not a jerk, clown, liar or crook. The bottom line is jerry brown is the public unions puppet & hes back to his same old ways. Who ever voted for him made a BIG mistake.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:22 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
A dozen very rich bankers get paid half a million each to drive the State employees pension fund into a ditch while driving their stocks up. Yet the OP and other want to make the Prison Guards responsible.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:28 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times
Bankers should all be shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California