U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 02:13 AM

18 posts, read 93,324 times

Advertisements

I'm tired of people saying Stockton is ghetto. If you are well off, try to buy a house in the gated Brookside communities. I personally live on St. Andrew's in Brookside. It is really nice and it is part of the country club.
Rate this post positively

Old 11-03-2007, 05:01 PM

6,958 posts, read 21,432,849 times
Look at Linden also, just 10 minutes E of Stockton and a very nice rural town as far as I can tell.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:25 PM

7,688 posts, read 28,167,644 times
The most dangerous parts of Stockton roughly fall into ZIP codes 95205 (around CSU Stanislaus) and 95210 (north of Hammer and between West and Hwy 99), fwiw.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:59 PM

38 posts, read 256,839 times
Default Stockton

I've lived here all my life. It's no worse than Sacramento. I find Lodi very nice. Of course like any town, there is some areas that you wouldn't live in, but it would be obvious. Forget about Tracy...too far to drive and yes there are gangs there too. Lathrop...no. Manteca...no different than Stockton only smaller.

I would consider the communities around 8 mile road and I-5, Brookside off March Lane, Morada, Benjamin Holt area (West).

Old 02-21-2008, 11:07 PM

56 posts, read 94,961 times
Do you have to? No one in their right mind would relocate to Stockton. Every other person there is a Mexican thug or crappy.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:07 AM

1 posts, read 4,426 times
I grew up in Stockton and I remember when it was known as a friendly community. But now, it's kinda scary. I live off of 8 mile, which is one of the best places to live if you really want a place in Stockton. There is a shopping center that is probably the only place in stockton where there isn't any homless people begging for change. If you are going to live here in Stockton, stay away from the south side. It's full of homeless drug addicts and gang bangers. The north side of Stockton is pretty safe and full of good people. Stockton actually has alot of good people but are usually over shadowed by the gang bangers and the homeless.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:42 AM

2 posts, read 6,187 times
All of you who are saying Stockton is so bad you are morons. "There are thugs running around everywhere" are you serious? Your children are not going to grow up diverse if you keep them shielded from life a little bit of knowledge is good for everyone. Stockton is nothing. I live in Oakland. I lived in hayward for a year and seen someone shot in front of my house, a week later someone got their head blown off on the corner. The police were nice enough to leave the brain matter on the wall next to the park where I took my daughter. I kept to myself and never acted scared or shy. When people said Hi I said hi. If a guy tried to "get at me" I would say I got a man. They leave you alone they won't go raping you. Most of the time they are on parole and won't do anything stupid to go back to jail they are just like that because that's how they grew up. Sorry that there is no such thing as SunShineVille anymore people, but spend a week in East Oakland and you will be running back to Southside Stockton. Or Downtown. Or wherever it is that you are complaining about being 2 murders a month.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:50 AM

2 posts, read 6,187 times
You actually have to be a prude to be scared out of town or your home by people asking for change. What sort of person are we when we LET people like that run us out of our homes and into smaller villages, While they run the bigger cities where we only visit for ball games and flights?!?!??!? Stick up for your homes and stop expecting the city to "clean itself up". morons....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California