U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 07:46 PM

10,257 posts, read 13,421,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
The entity to which I referred does not live in this state, he left it because he could not afford to retire here, yet he seems to keep both feet in this state complaining about it, instead of enjoying his new home. I worked in another state and retired to California, I seldom if ever post on that state's forum, as I live here. That seems rational and logical to me, live where you live, not thousands of miles away, but at least I got the poor guy to knock off the constant references to his decades ago military service..

so you are saying that because I dislike whiners I should not respond to them and point out that actually this is a fine place.
There is something wrong with every place, and every thing. I consider it absolutely silly to go through life complaining and whining.
You are not going to get out of this life alive, wasting one minute complaining is a minute gone from you life, forever, what a waste of time.
If I affect someone negatively, they were negative in the first time, anyone who gets up in the morning, puts on a pair of hiking shorts, a pair of boots, grabs a lunch and a canteen and heads out the door to enjoy the day and the state, is not going to get bummed by anything I post.
There is no irony I can detect, perhaps you can explain that.
So because someone else lives in another state now that means they shouldn't be allowed to post in the CA forum? I don't live in San Diego anymore but I still post in there just as I posted in the SF forum before moving back to the Bay Area. So I guess we should all do as you do right? Get over yourself already. Living in another location doesn't invalidate what they are saying or trying to point out necessarily, it generally has NOTHING to do with the thread yet many times that's all you have to complain about. Very juvenile and off topic 90% of the time.

Go through life complaining? Sorry but I don't think City-Data.com is most people's "life", hopefully at least. Some people just want to discuss important issues that affect this state and our lives but to you that's always "whining and complaining", but either way everyone on here has a right to do so no matter what you consider it. Sure some people exaggerate and are a bit extreme with their views but many on here just want to discuss important issues that affect the state.

The irony is you constantly complaining and whining about people who you consider complainers and whiners. Complaining about others bringing negativity to the forum when that is what you do much of the time as well.

So what do you propose? That we only discuss positive things, only talk about how wonderful everything is, and bury our heads in the sand and pretend CA has no problems? Maybe you should start your own forum where people are only allowed to post positive thoughts about CA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 07:55 PM

6,390 posts, read 3,264,557 times
Quote:
So because someone else lives in another state now that means they shouldn't be allowed to post in the CA forum?
Where did you get "shouldn't be allowed" How about, a plain; get over it, get a life, go fishing.

I did not read most of your post, my eyes glaze over when people write books on the post and expect people to read them.. Edit mijo edit.

Let's look at your last sentence;

Quote:
So what do you propose? That we only discuss positive things, only talk about how wonderful everything is, and bury our heads in the sand and pretend CA has no problems? Maybe you should start your own forum where people are only allowed to post positive thoughts about CA.
Yep, every place has problems, some people perseverate on problems, After a career in a field where complaining and whining was simply not done, I find it appalling that there are so many effective babies whining about stuff they cannot do anything about.

Get over it, go fishing, buy a motorcycle, go for a ride, go camping, take a hike, get a life, you are going to be dead pretty soon, of what benefit is it to you, or anyone else to ***** moan and complain?

Old 05-10-2011, 07:56 PM

18,953 posts, read 15,719,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
So because someone else lives in another state now that means they shouldn't be allowed to post in the CA forum? I don't live in San Diego anymore but I still post in there just as I posted in the SF forum before moving back to the Bay Area. So I guess we should all do as you do right? Get over yourself already. Living in another location doesn't invalidate what they are saying or trying to point out necessarily, it generally has NOTHING to do with the thread yet many times that's all you have to complain about. Very juvenile and off topic 90% of the time.

Go through life complaining? Sorry but I don't think City-Data.com is most people's "life", hopefully at least. Some people just want to discuss important issues that affect this state and our lives but to you that's always "whining and complaining", but either way everyone on here has a right to do so no matter what you consider it. Sure some people exaggerate and are a bit extreme with their views but many on here just want to discuss important issues that affect the state.

The irony is you constantly complaining and whining about people who you consider complainers and whiners. Complaining about others bringing negativity to the forum when that is what you do much of the time as well.

Excellent! There's a huge difference between whining and complaining and being concerned. That differentiation appears to be lost on some. They see it as merely cavilling. I often see it as raising issues that should be addressed.

To each their own! I believe that's still allowed, isn't it?

Old 05-10-2011, 07:58 PM

That is a rationalization for whining. Pure and simple. I find it appalling that a grown man would complain like you and others do on this forum, it certainly does not reflect on manliness, it is much more in line with girlyman.

Too many Americans have become, or never stopped being babies about the world they live in.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:04 PM

And then there are those who can only beat their chests, drag their knuckles and grunt about how manly they are. They remind me of little men with inadequate wee-wees who drive big pick-em-up trucks.

Funny, most of the Americans I know are upstanding citizens, many of whom have had boots on the ground during major military combat operations. Babies? I think not.

There's fire. Then there are fire fights!

Old 05-10-2011, 08:13 PM

10,257 posts, read 13,421,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Where did you get "shouldn't be allowed" How about, a plain; get over it, get a life, go fishing.
Because you keep complaining and brining up his location as if it means much. Go ahead and pretend that is not what you're implying but you're posts are pretty transparent.
Quote:
I did not read most of your post, my eyes glaze over when people write books on the post and expect people to read them.. Edit mijo edit.
So you don't read your own posts either? My post had 277 words in it compared to 245 in yours. I guess you have double standards for EVERYTHING! But I understand you pretending not to read it, the truth hurts when you're called out for your own BS.
Quote:
Yep, every place has problems, some people perseverate on problems, After a career in a field where complaining and whining was simply not done, I find it appalling that there are so many effective babies whining about stuff they cannot do anything about.
First, no one cares about what your former career was. Second, suggesting that people on here can't do anything about their state is wrong and pretty defeatist. Is that what they taught you in your field too? To accept defeat, give up, bury your head in the sand?
Quote:
Get over it, go fishing, buy a motorcycle, go for a ride, go camping, take a hike, get a life, you are going to be dead pretty soon, of what benefit is it to you, or anyone else to ***** moan and complain?
Yes get over other people discussing issues about this state and stop complaining. You talk about how others need to get out and live life at the same time you are sitting here on City-Data complaining and moaning just like everyone you constantly complain about. Again, is that irony really lost on you? Try taking a look in the mirror more often; hypocrisy at its finest!

Old 05-10-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
First, no one cares about what your former career was.
[quote=.highnlite;19049249]I spent my working life in a career where complaining was simply not done, wildfire suppression.

.................................................. ...............................

Old 05-11-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Because you keep complaining and brining up his location as if it means much. Go ahead and pretend that is not what you're implying but you're posts are pretty transparent.
So you don't read your own posts either? My post had 277 words in it compared to 245 in yours. I guess you have double standards for EVERYTHING! But I understand you pretending not to read it, the truth hurts when you're called out for your own BS.
First, no one cares about what your former career was. Second, suggesting that people on here can't do anything about their state is wrong and pretty defeatist. Is that what they taught you in your field too? To accept defeat, give up, bury your head in the sand?
Yes get over other people discussing issues about this state and stop complaining. You talk about how others need to get out and live life at the same time you are sitting here on City-Data complaining and moaning just like everyone you constantly complain about. Again, is that irony really lost on you? Try taking a look in the mirror more often; hypocrisy at its finest!
It is interesting that the complainers on this board are uniformly, conservatives. Which is understandable, when your prime operant is fear, any change, good or bad, is fearful. I think it is sad.

And it should be obvious to you that hanging around on this board complaining, is not doing anything about their state.

You don't find a single post from me that complains, except those posts about people like you. Seems like you could use a little sunshine in your life, or maybe a puppy, now wouldn't you like a puppy?

Now here is something you can do. Curmie could do it too, way back there in what ever eastern hellhole he lives in.

Volunteer in your community. Do stuff, for your town, or for a nearby park, get out side, Oh, and no, I did not read much of that post either. You are whining, and attempting to rationalize your whining.

Funny thing, I heard this on the TeeVee last night; "Republicans are whiners, that is what they do".

Interesting heh? I have said the same thing for a long time, good to see I am not the lone ranger.

Oh, and Curmie just for you, an example of our poor pathetic life (as you put it) It is just another way of showing you, that as usual, you are and have been wrong (doesn't it get old?) C

Old 05-11-2011, 07:44 AM

And then there are those who think their lives are perfect. And they may be; especially if they can rely on family fortunes, or ::::gasp:::: even adequate planning on their own parts, or not.

The reality is, the former is not the experience of most and most unfortunately, far too many didn't anticipate the financial bombshell that recently landed in their lives.

It's easy to be cavalier when you land on your feet, less due to your own labors and more due to the labors and good planning/"husbandry" of others. Then, I guess, you can feel as if you've always been right, even when you clearly haven't.

In the end, it has what to do with the Legislature? That was the original issue of the thread. Everyone will be impacted by what they do, or don't. Only those who believe they're "above" it all will sluff it off. Meanwhile, the "little" people will be affected.

This thread was never intended to be a forum for one-upsmanship initiated by the needy!

Last edited by Curmudgeon; 05-11-2011 at 07:58 AM..

Old 05-11-2011, 12:18 PM

You seem to have quite the imagination. What does this have to do with the legislature? Do you ever go bass fishing, you know that feeling you get when a big bass takes your hook? I get that right here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California