Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 11:15 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
As with everything else in politics, follow the money!
Yup yup.. Govt. looks more and more like the corporate thugs they claim to protect us from everyday.. Doesn't stop them from whispering sweet nothings in the general populous' ear convincing them otherwise though... letting them go around like a mob bashing on anyone who dare call out their choice politician for the robber Barron they are.

Good times all around
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 03:19 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,317,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
After approving NBC buyout, FCC Commish becomes Comcast lobbyist

Great examples of government at work.. no checks/balances for these corrupt fools
Yeah, it's called regulatory capture because the revolving door between government and lobbyists of the industry they're supposed to be regulating means the prisoners take over the prison. It's a very well understood bit of corruption.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:15 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,681,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
As always, you don't know squat, Faunty. Still obsessed I see. A 5150 might be in order. More guy stuff here in the Aux Arcs than in all of your little domain. Dare to come give it a try or too afraid of being lauighed at for all your posturing and blather? These hyar hill men would eat you alive. The only question would be, before or after yur mule.

Now run along, wussie. You're boring and painfully redundant.
I saw deliverance, I bet you admire those hillmen...

Old 05-12-2011, 07:49 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
The entity to which I referred does not live in this state, he left it because he could not afford to retire here, yet he seems to keep both feet in this state complaining about it, instead of enjoying his new home. I worked in another state and retired to California, I seldom if ever post on that state's forum, as I live here. That seems rational and logical to me, live where you live, not thousands of miles away, but at least I got the poor guy to knock off the constant references to his decades ago military service.
I'm sure you'd enjoy them, girlie boy.

One thing p[uzzles me, however. I wonder how in the world we managed to live quite well in retirement in CA even before my wifes Social Security kicked in. 'Tis a puzzlement. Could it be that we simp-ly chose to relocate for other reasons than financial? Must give us pause. But it's easy for someone to speculate when they relocated to CA on the strength of their family's labors and holdings and Mommy marrying well rather than their own earnings, isn't it? Back to the womb you might say.

For the record, I have doubtless spent more years living in CA than you have since you appear to have dawdled in a far more barren locale for a good part of your life. With three children, two stepchildren and six grandchildren still living there, I also likely have more of a stake in it than you do, not to mention having served it in a couple of capacities for a quarter century and, prior to that, as the commander of two National Guard units once I left active duty - one infantry and one cavalry.

And, yes, I just mentioned military service. My bad,. And how often have you mentioned squirting out camp fires? Oops! Your hypocrisy has been showing as always.

Now then, unless you have something relevant (which would be rare) to offer regarding the subject of CA politics and the Legislature, feel free to bugger off. And speaking of that bunch, it's now devolving into partisan threats, most coming from the President pro Tem of the Senate while the Governor, who decried the partisanship has appointed mostly the party faithful to positions; far more so than did his predecessor. Ya gotta love the Kabuki!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California