U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 06:34 AM

4,182 posts, read 5,792,012 times

Advertisements

[quote=yeahthatguy;19114373]

Quote:
Agghhhhhh

Here we go again... I make six figures salaried .. Make another six figures trading..
I doubt it. You know you are an unemployed whiner who can't find a job in Silicon valley. And you don't have more than $500 to your name. But hey, if it makes you feel better to imagine you are some sort of 6 figure wage slave, be my guest. Of course, you can always redeem yourself by posting your real name, bank account number, driver's license, and SSN so we can all verify your claims. As the saying goes, you can be anything you want on the internets.

Quote:
if you have read my posts like you allege, you'd understand one of the motivating factors for leaving californiais that I can trade from anywhere in the world
So why don't you leave CA already? Are you waiting for someone to hold you back? LOL....Hoping for someone to say "please yeahthatguy...don't leave...we need you here"? LOL......

Quote:
.. Thus I shorted REITS and banks and a whole list of stocks going into the downturn on money i pulled down from 0% balance transfer checks using credit card app-o-rama's .

Post your brokerage account here so we'll believe you.

Quote:
So Clown .. Your post yet again reveals how much of an idiot you are and just how wrong you are in your attempts to try to attack me .. And again, you and many others like you come out in mobs and try to attack anyone who speaks out about anything wrong in this country w/ senseless foolishness ... You'll regress w/ that attitude as are many Americans that turn a blind eye to the problems facing this state/country.
If you're so good, how come you are afraid of competition from someone from India or China who graduated from a no name university? You ought to be pulling your own weight. But you're not.

Quote:
#1 I have a high paying job and I was never in a point of not having one
No you don't. You are just trying to console yourself about the high paying job you wish you had.

Quote:
#2 I have created my own job (trading) on the side while I make easy salaried income and benefits
Until you post your brokerage account and SSN here for verification, you are just smoking crack.

Quote:
#3 I do aim to ultimately use my investment capital to fund a venture and thus keep some clown VC from taking a stake in it.
Good luck with that, though I doubt you'll succeed. With the amount of time you spend bitching on CD instead of actually working, you'll never get to first base. I suggest you continue smoking crack instead.

Quote:
#4 Not everyone can do this and I'm going to speak dam freely regardless of people like you against the illegal/unfair and foolish practices that happen in the bay area .. and again thanks for making yourself look like an idiot w/ your idiotic assumptions about me.
My assumptions about you are totally based on the information you posted about yourself. Nothing more, nothing less. Garbage in, garbage out.

Quote:
Uhhh.. most of the companies in the valley were founded by American citizens (born and raised) .. Hailing from stanford/berkeley and a wealth of other universities in California .. You might want to check your wrong account of history . You sounds like some hop'd up recent immigrant to the U.S who thinks only recent migrants make this country.. that would explain your personal attacks on me for stating a known truth in the valley and your idiotic statement above.
You are talking about the past, dude. I'm talking about the present and future. And while Stanford/Berkeley do indeed contribute to the pool of entrepreneurs in SV, take a look at the ethnic composition of these schools and their graduates. These students are either first or second generation immigrants whose parents probably came here on H1B visas.

Here, read these http://archive.sba.gov/advo/research/rs296tot.pdf

http://www.kauffman.org/uploadedFile...011_report.pdf

The last article covers the period 1996-2010. It shows the rate of entrepreneurship among immigrants is double that of native born Americans. Your arguments are an epic fail.

Quote:
The world runs on capital cool guy... When you have no financial backing from parents... Are one of the first generations in your family to attend college.. and graduate w/ debt .. you do the safe thing and get a salaried job.. you pay down debt.. you use the salaried income and multiply it via trading/investing .. find ways to get more capital if you're good (on the cheap) - I did via credit card app-o-rama's .. over 60-80k... and multiple that ... you now have capital and flexibility to pursue business ventures safely having mitigated risk ...
Listen, you don't have an actual business that you own. You're just dreaming. You're not creating any jobs or wealth. You are just another loser day trader who doesn't have a real job. Get lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 10:04 AM

3,921 posts, read 7,718,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
HB1 visa holder? Never heard of it and we donít hire them.

As for the rest of your rant ...
Seeing as you don't live or work here or have any experience with SV why are you here commenting again?

Seems like you seem to be lacking basic reading comprehension either since I never disputed that work visas didn't exist.

My point is that they are not taking jobs AWAY from old angry unemployed white people like yourself. If more Americans were graduating in the math/ sciences/tech sector or if our educational system were better equipped for the global economy then we wouldn't need immigrants to fill these positions.

I know plenty of Indian and Chinese Americans- LEGAL ones that are in abundance in the tech sector. Larger companies probably DO use more immigrants since there is in fact, a shortage of qualified Americans.

As for the assertion by the other poster (yeahthatguy) that they are somehow more desirable over their American counterparts then I haven't seen it/heard of it except from paranoid people.

I'm done with talking to ignorant and mentally challenged folk however,so I'm going away now. You haven't added any value to this conversation with your stupid pointless quips. Now perhaps you can start searching for a job rather than obsessing about brown people taking things away from you.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:49 AM

5,113 posts, read 4,942,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Seeing as you don't live or work here or have any experience with SV why are you here commenting again?

Seems like you seem to be lacking basic reading comprehension either since I never disputed that work visas didn't exist.

My point is that they are not taking jobs AWAY from old angry unemployed white people like yourself. If more Americans were graduating in the math/ sciences/tech sector or if our educational system were better equipped for the global economy then we wouldn't need immigrants to fill these positions.

I know plenty of Indian and Chinese Americans- LEGAL ones that are in abundance in the tech sector. Larger companies probably DO use more immigrants since there is in fact, a shortage of qualified Americans.

As for the assertion by the other poster (yeahthatguy) that they are somehow more desirable over their American counterparts then I haven't seen it/heard of it except from paranoid people.

I'm done with talking to ignorant and mentally challenged folk however,so I'm going away now. You haven't added any value to this conversation with your stupid pointless quips. Now perhaps you can start searching for a job rather than obsessing about brown people taking things away from you.
Nothing like a good chuckle with my morning coffee

And you call me ignorant

Old 05-12-2011, 11:01 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,882,784 times
[quote=ndfmnlf;19117833]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post

I doubt it. You know you are an unemployed whiner who can't find a job in Silicon valley. And you don't have more than $500 to your name. But hey, if it makes you feel better to imagine you are some sort of 6 figure wage slave, be my guest. Of course, you can always redeem yourself by posting your real name, bank account number, driver's license, and SSN so we can all verify your claims. As the saying goes, you can be anything you want on the internets.

So why don't you leave CA already? Are you waiting for someone to hold you back? LOL....Hoping for someone to say "please yeahthatguy...don't leave...we need you here"? LOL......

Post your brokerage account here so we'll believe you.

If you're so good, how come you are afraid of competition from someone from India or China who graduated from a no name university? You ought to be pulling your own weight. But you're not.

No you don't. You are just trying to console yourself about the high paying job you wish you had.

Until you post your brokerage account and SSN here for verification, you are just smoking crack.

Good luck with that, though I doubt you'll succeed. With the amount of time you spend bitching on CD instead of actually working, you'll never get to first base. I suggest you continue smoking crack instead.

My assumptions about you are totally based on the information you posted about yourself. Nothing more, nothing less. Garbage in, garbage out.

You are talking about the past, dude. I'm talking about the present and future. And while Stanford/Berkeley do indeed contribute to the pool of entrepreneurs in SV, take a look at the ethnic composition of these schools and their graduates. These students are either first or second generation immigrants whose parents probably came here on H1B visas.

Here, read these http://archive.sba.gov/advo/research/rs296tot.pdf

The last article covers the period 1996-2010. It shows the rate of entrepreneurship among immigrants is double that of native born Americans. Your arguments are an epic fail.

Listen, you don't have an actual business that you own. You're just dreaming. You're not creating any jobs or wealth. You are just another loser day trader who doesn't have a real job. Get lost.
You're one silly dude..... You wont believe me anyway but for whatever it's worth :

My avg. pay (bonus fluctuates) :
Year-end Bonus - - - 10,214.23
Total Gross 119,542.60

I broker w/ scottrade... Small discount broker but like the hometown feel .. Tools are good enough .. $7/trade ..

Brokerage account filtered on SKF trade over a year time horizon :

11/21/2008
SKF
SOLD 550 SHARES OF SKF AT $272.4905
($7.05)
$0.00
$149,862.73
N/A

1/23/2008
SKF
BOUGHT 150 SHARES OF SKF AT $123.78
($7.00)
$0.00
($18,574.00)
N/A

1/22/2008
SKF
BOUGHT 200 SHARES OF SKF AT $122.74
($7.00)
$0.00
($24,555.00)
N/A

9/11/2007
SKF
BOUGHT 100 SHARES OF SKF AT $85.16
($7.06)
$0.00
($8,523.06)
N/A

9/11/2007
SKF
BOUGHT 100 SHARES OF SKF AT $86.00
($7.00)
$0.00
($8,607.00)
N/A

why haven't i left yet?
Because I am educated enough to leave when it is most optimal (and that is being judged by upcoming policy decisions by the state):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_optimization

As for your two links :
http://archive.sba.gov/advo/research/rs296tot.pdf

Yes, they show 'activity' being higher in 2010 ... one year.. a bump on the radar .. you're are talking about the recent present and trying to extrapolate some kind of future trend based on unsupported analysis... Samples were used in some cases... The report doesn't speak to the size/success of the ventures so doesn't provide qualitative information to make any kind of bold statement.

As for : http://archive.sba.gov/advo/research/rs296tot.pdf ... correlation !=causation ...

Everyone got to the u.s via immigration except for native-americans ...
1st gen/2nd gen immigrants .. are NATIVE born ... there is no such thing. your parents immigrant here and are immigrants .. when they birth you on american soil, you're a native born AMERICAN ... so there is no need to single out anything about these Native born Americans. They grow up here, go to american schools.... just like any other native born american.

and yes .. the native born entrepreneurs are on the decline but still hold the lions share of entrepreneurs. As for kids... Listen, once you birth a kid in this country and is raised through the American Education system, they are as American as apple pie.

All this being said, this has nothing to do w/ my comments about the messed up trends present in the valley ... You idiotic rants are ad hominem attacks which are hilariously wrong. Stick to the topic .. You're not making me angry or upset. I've got my money and get it even while posting on City Data. I got it back in 07-08' during the market crash when I slept 6 hours a night because i was up warning family/friends/others to protect their 401k and I'm getting it now as I highlight the problems in the valley... Some people care about others even though they are alright. That may be a foreign concept to you and maybe some recent immigrants that only care about getting theirs .. but as an American, I can take out of my time to try to help others... point out problems/unfairness when I see it .... It's the least I can do for my country beyond just fattening my wallet.

Have a good day .. I'm done w/ you and your hilarious and foolish attempts to do god knows what ..

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 05-12-2011 at 11:12 AM..

Old 05-12-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
You're one silly dude..... You wont believe me anyway but for whatever it's worth :

My avg. pay (bonus fluctuates) :
Year-end Bonus - - - 10,214.23
Total Gross 119,542.60

I broker w/ scottrade... Small discount broker but like the hometown feel .. Tools are good enough .. $7/trade ..

Brokerage account filtered on SKF trade over a year time horizon :

11/21/2008
SKF
SOLD 550 SHARES OF SKF AT $272.4905
($7.05)
$0.00
$149,862.73
N/A

1/23/2008
SKF
BOUGHT 150 SHARES OF SKF AT $123.78
($7.00)
$0.00
($18,574.00)
N/A

1/22/2008
SKF
BOUGHT 200 SHARES OF SKF AT $122.74
($7.00)
$0.00
($24,555.00)
N/A

9/11/2007
SKF
BOUGHT 100 SHARES OF SKF AT $85.16
($7.06)
$0.00
($8,523.06)
N/A

9/11/2007
SKF
BOUGHT 100 SHARES OF SKF AT $86.00
($7.00)
$0.00
($8,607.00)
N/A

Why do I think you made this all up? Where's your actual brokerage statement?

Quote:
As for your two links :
http://archive.sba.gov/advo/research/rs296tot.pdf

Yes, they show 'activity' being higher in 2010 ... one year.. a bump on the radar .. you're are talking about the recent present and trying to extrapolate some kind of future trend based on unsupported analysis...
Do you know how to read tables? Scroll down the page of the Kauffman link. Check out the table 3 which has data that goes back to 1996. No buddy, it's not a "one year bump". You're wrong.

Quote:
Everyone got to the u.s via immigration except for native-americans ...
1st gen/2nd gen immigrants .. are NATIVE born ... there is no such thing. your parents immigrant here and are immigrants .. when they birth you on american soil, you're a native born AMERICAN ... so there is no need to single out anything about these Native born Americans. They grow up here, go to american schools.... just like any other native born american.
Oh how convenient. So now you call "anchor babies" native born Americans?

Quote:
All this being said, this has nothing to do w/ my comments about the messed up trends present in the valley ...
What "messed up trends" are you complaining about? The trend where people immigrate to the US...a trend that started from the birth of this nation? I thought you said "everyone came to the US via immigration, except native Americans"? That was just a few lines above. How soon you forget. Are you high or something?

Quote:
That may be a foreign concept to you and maybe some recent immigrants that only care about getting theirs .. but as an American, I can take out of my time to try to help others..

Prove that you're an American. Where's your long form birth certificate?

Last edited by ndfmnlf; 05-12-2011 at 02:59 PM..

Old 05-12-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
Why do I think you made this all up? Where's your actual brokerage statement?

Do you know how to read tables? Scroll down the page of the Kauffman link. Check out the table 3 which has data that goes back to 1996. No buddy, it's not a "one year bump". You're wrong.

Oh how convenient. So now you call "anchor babies" native born Americans?

What "messed up trends" are you complaining about? The trend where people immigrate to the US...a trend that started from the birth of this nation? I thought you said "everyone came to the US via immigration, except native Americans"? That was just a few lines above. How soon you forget. Are you high or something?

Prove that you're an American. Where's your long form birth certificate?
You're an idiot and responded as I expected you to .. Move on dude. I'm not giving you anymore of my personal information as it is none of your business, you still wouldn't believe it, and is immaterial to the discussion.

Your first link made correlative claims (relative to the valley's immigrant population) .. Your second link did not give qualitative information about said 'entrepreneurship' .. are they creating food joints or fortune 500 companies? what are the sizes of these companies? What is the failure rate.

Immigrants take more risk because they come from square 1 ... failing and returning back to square 1 isn't all too bad for them as they have lived there for the majority of their life. For an American who has not (heard) but has seen their parents build great lives by being 'wage slaves' as you call them (who are at square 5).... living a similar life (as their parents) by going to school and getting a good job doesn't sound too bad to them. Further, they stand more to loose by taking risk as they will fall much further from where they were already positioned in American society... Oft' time an immigrant has nothing to loose and thus ofc will take more risk... what is the success/failure rate of such risk? what is the size of such businesses they create? Again, are they food joints (which demand comes to because it is unique cuisine) or are they fortune 500 companies?

Immigrants who come to american institutions for college tend to be pretty wealthy compared to people in their home countries ... I went to school w/ a lot of them.. their parents often own businesses and make a boat load of money in their country... So, when they come out, they are on a different footing/support system and are of a different mindset... They are the minority from their impoverished country and are hand picked cream of the crop.. then some genius decides to try to compare such a person to the whole swath of the American population.. Compare them to the same cream of the crop here.. you wont find much variations or skews that these reports try to draw...

So, how about you use your brain beyond some #'s you glean off some tables... The silicon valley centered pdf was full of correlative claims.. the other general one lacked qualitative information and perspective. I can easily show you a pdf of #'s and data which show the WIDE pool of immigrant population general accounts for the least educated and impoverished in the country :

So don't come at me w/ that narrow slice of the immigration picture and try to make it look like 'born in the usa' Americans are of some lower less productive slice.

And don't quote some quantitative tables which don't give an qualitative information about said businesses created. I can go out and file for a business today and pay a simple fine and be counted in that table... Doesn't mean i did anything of value.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Your first link made correlative claims (relative to the valley's immigrant population) .. Your second link did not give qualitative information about said 'entrepreneurship' .. are they creating food joints or fortune 500 companies? what are the sizes of these companies? What is the failure rate.
Again, you show your lack of brains here. The Kauffman index is a measure of new business formation in a given year. It is a study of the demographic characteristics of those entrepreneurs. Since new businesses are, by definition and by necessity, small businesses, you don't expect to see Fortune 500 companies at inception, do you? Or are you just too stupid to understand this?

Quote:
Immigrants take more risk because they come from square 1 ... failing and returning back to square 1 isn't all too bad for them as they have lived there for the majority of their life.
Well, there you go. So if the immigrant is a risk taker by nature, what is wrong with that? Is that now somehow a point against him? After all, it doesn't matter what his motivations are for starting businesses (although non-morons should know that the motivation for launching a business is to make money; but for you, I have to spell it out....geez). If you think about it, all great entrepreneurs come from the same mindset anyway. To a true entrepreneur, the reward of success must be greater than the risk of failure for an investment to make sense. That's true for all entrepreneurs. Did you really think it could be anything else? LOL....

Quote:
Again, are they food joints (which demand comes to because it is unique cuisine) or are they fortune 500 companies?
Didn't McDonald's start out as a food joint? You are again misunderstanding the Kauffman index, which is a measure of new business formation for a given year. It is not an index of established Fortune 500 companies.

Quote:
Immigrants who come to american institutions for college tend to be pretty wealthy compared to people in their home countries
Oh yeah, but then you contradict yourself by saying this:

Quote:
I can easily show you a pdf of #'s and data which show the WIDE pool of immigrant population general accounts for the least educated and impoverished in the country :
Bottom line: you don't know what you're talking about. Now go, look for a real job instead of wasting your time on City Data.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Again, you show your lack of brains here. The Kauffman index is a measure of new business formation in a given year. It is a study of the demographic characteristics of those entrepreneurs. Since new businesses are, by definition and by necessity, small businesses, you don't expect to see Fortune 500 companies at inception, do you? Or are you just too stupid to understand this?
I know what it is .. I am asking you what happens to the businesses once they are started? do they fail? how big do they grow ? Are you to stupid to understand what quality is vs. quantity ? Thanks for leaving out my quotes where i asked you these questions ...

Quote:
Well, there you go. So if the immigrant is a risk taker by nature, what is wrong with that? Is that now somehow a point against him? After all, it doesn't matter what his motivations are for starting businesses (although non-morons should know that the motivation for launching a business is to make money; but for you, I have to spell it out....geez). If you think about it, all great entrepreneurs come from the same mindset anyway. To a true entrepreneur, the reward of success must be greater than the risk of failure for an investment to make sense. That's true for all entrepreneurs. Did you really think it could be anything else? LOL....
A risk taker can be a risk taker because they don't have much to loose... If you are at square one failure really doesn't sting that much because you're a the bottom.. When your parents are wealthy as all high hell failure doesn't hurt much either... The majority of businesses fail unless you forgot .. The reason someone has a salary job is to make money... There is no one size fits all, only a moron would believe that.. motivations vary. There is no such thing as a true entrepreneur as you claim and the formula for why someone decides to create a business vary. Does your report get at that? or the failure rate? or the size that they grow to over the long term? or any qualitative info besides throwing a number out there about how many people start a business ? It could and is something else.. the failure rates prove that ... If i am a thrill seeker and I knew that hypothetically 7/10 people die from jumping from planes I might not be as eager to pursue that thrill as i would one where 1/10^10 people die .. Whereas the moron who doesn't know of the alternatives or have access to them might see jumping out of a plane as his only option for thrill ... So because you can point out the one out of a group that jumped out and survived relative to another group, i am supposed to believe this person is of higher value? No, you have to provide a lot more context and qualitative information to be able to draw that conclusion .... As I showed w/ graphs the majority of immigrants don't do so hot compared to native born Americans .. Thanks for leaving that part out ...

Quote:
Didn't McDonald's start out as a food joint? You are again misunderstanding the Kauffman index, which is a measure of new business formation for a given year. It is not an index of established Fortune 500 companies.
No, you are conveniently leaving out the context of my questions regarding what size the companies grow to ... I ask it to draw out the lack of qualitative information that is present in the silly # your referenced.

If 9/10 people failed when they pursued a venture ... I am going to have less weight on the 1 person who succeeded ... where is that information in the index? Nowhere to be found

Quote:
Oh yeah, but then you contradict yourself by saying this:
I didn't contradict myself.. you carefully extracted a meaning that i never attributed to the fact that alot of immigrants kid's who come to american colleges are from wealthy backgrounds.... yet immigrants (FACTUALLY) are more impoverished and less educated than americans as you like to imply they aren't by references of the small slice that start businesses .... Again, thanks for trying to take things out of context and leave out the text that makes what i mean clear.

Quote:
Bottom line: you don't know what you're talking about. Now go, look for a real job instead of wasting your time on City Data.
Bottom line you don't and it shows by your lack of focus on the topic and focus on my personal information which you were wrong about and is immaterial to the discussion. When focused on the discussion, you show you lack of knowledge and ability to extract true meaning from data you reference... Bottom line, you don't know what your talking about and I don't care what your personal information is because (on the topic) you're dead wrong. Now continue doing whatever you do and thanks for wasting your time w/ my on City data.... I participate on many forums and conduct many social observations .. it helps me gain perspective of the mindsets of people.. it helps me in trades and in life. Thanks for taking out of your time to give me yours.

Old 05-13-2011, 01:46 PM

298 posts, read 529,353 times
I'm getting tired of reading this lame flame war. Why don't you two take it to private messages?

The value of your opinions has been rendered irrelevant due to your childish pissing-in-the-pool.

I'm glad I don't work with either one of you. I'll remind you that there are tons of really great people working in tech and a lot of them couldn't care less about silicon valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or