Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
I'm okay with this and don't see anything wrong with it. 34 50.00%
I'm not okay with this. It's wrong and inappropriate. 34 50.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 11:48 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,495,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Get over yourself.

The issue I compared are people not being able to get married to willing partners of their choice. As such, the comparison is absolutely valid. Miscegenation was just as much about white people (or people of any color) not being able to marry outside their race as it was for blacks. That's as far as I took it - - you ran in and suddenly made the inference that I was comparing teaching gender diversity to slavery. As such, I don't take you seriously.
You and everyone all know this is not just about marriage. No one is breaking down gay people's doors and lynching them because they are w/ same sex partners... if all you want to highlight is marriage between two willing partners that's all you need say. There is no reason to reference history largely out of context.. Even on the topic of Miscegenation... interracial mixing incurred a wrath of issues gay people in no way shape or form experienced .. so it is a mis-characterization to even relate the struggles to that.

Further, gay marriage is a very unique case largely because (due to your personal choice) you are not able to naturally have children .... For males comes the issue of adoption (which comes w/ a whole other discussion and fight) .. for females they can be artificially inseminated ... We all know this progression doesn't end with marriage... and so, since it is not just about that the issue is going to take some time to be ironed out...

That being said, I think its an absolute shame that to even further try to vie for support that you the gay community is taking its agenda to the minds of innocent little children ... Its reckless and selfish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 02:13 AM

315 posts, read 365,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post

Excellent. I may print out a few of your posts and take them to my trans social tomorrow night. For the lulz.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:58 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,955,210 times
I like how the poll is being manipulated ... must be a Google executive

Old 06-03-2011, 10:33 AM

315 posts, read 365,888 times
I like how you assume the poll is being manipulated just because it doesn't agree with your opinion.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:25 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,683,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitMage View Post
I like how you assume the poll is being manipulated just because it doesn't agree with your opinion.
In general, I'm fine with gender diversity being taught.

I just oppose public schools doing it without parent involvement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California