Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ...
I'm okay with this and don't see anything wrong with it. 34 50.00%
I'm not okay with this. It's wrong and inappropriate. 34 50.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 06:17 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
You want males and females to live separately from each other?
Pretty much so, even in the workplace. The only gender diversity I condone are heterosexual couples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 06:48 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,697,746 times
To those who voted yes (6 voted for yes at the time of writing this post), I wonder if you would be OK to live with and possibly have to undo some of the teachings that a school teacher taught your children about "gender diversity."

Teachers should stick with teaching history, math, science, and reading while the parents should take care of the rest.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:03 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
To those who voted yes (6 voted for yes at the time of writing this post), I wonder if you would be OK to live with and possibly have to undo some of the teachings that a school teacher taught your children about "gender diversity."

Teachers should stick with teaching history, math, science, and reading while the parents should take care of the rest.
Why would I want to undo teaching about gender diversity? I'm more worried with racist/sexist/homophobic/religiously intollerant parents puting their hateful views into their children's heads.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:14 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Why would I want to undo teaching about gender diversity? I'm more worried with racist/sexist/homophobic/religiously intollerant parents puting their hateful views into their children's heads.
You have a point ... maybe we should remove all the children from the parents after birth and raise them in government institutions. Then when they graduate we can allow them back. Yeah, we don't want any of that family "parental" stuff screwing with their heads! Or we can have the kids grow-up with normal gay parents since they can't have kids ... and we just use heterosexual's for producing the babies.

It's no wonder our society is crumbling before our eyes...

Old 05-30-2011, 07:16 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,861,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
No, I think he means for schools and classrooms.
Screw that... I had a blast in junior high and high school. Lots of intergender cooperation

Old 05-30-2011, 07:19 PM

21,872 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post

And by science you mean Creationism? Am I right?

I mean you could accomplish the same thing teaching history, but a lot of that stuff is a bit much for a ten year old to handle. That's why we teach fictional happy-go-lucky stories in place of history in primary and secondary education as well.

And Tristram, I think that's exactly why you would want to "unteach" it. Easier to start with a wiped clean slate 'n all.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:27 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
You have a point ... maybe we should remove all the children from the parents after birth and raise them in government institutions. Then when they graduate we can allow them back. Yeah, we don't want any of that family "parental" stuff screwing with their heads! Or we can have the kids grow-up with normal gay parents since they can't have kids ... and we just use heterosexual's for producing the babies.

It's no wonder our society is crumbling before our eyes...
When parents are pushing their hate onto their children, you better believe that I don't want it.

Amazing how the liberally brainwashed heathens who go through school all the way through college are the ones most likely to be married and have children in wedlock. Damn hippie rabble-rousing American educational system!

Numbers Drop for the Married With Children - washingtonpost.com

Old 05-30-2011, 07:28 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,495 times
My issue is .. what business does a school have teaching my kid about same sex anything.
Naturally, there is heterosexuality ... Until a 'gay' gene is found. There is no scientific basis for teaching my kid anything about people who make a personal choice about how to live that is not natural.

Natural you ask.. yes, natural... The ability to have offspring naturally is only shared between a man and a woman.

I will teach my kid not to hate anyone .... white/black/brown/yellow/purple... and note hate anyone regardless of their sexual orientation but the bucks stops there. Such a conversation should not be limited to 'I don't want to cross the line' dictated by the county... and as such, it is best held by a parent and their kid in which the realm of discussion is limitless ...

As for hate, why the hell is there a default to hate teaching just because I don't want some buffoon putting some half behind material in my kid's head?

Sex-ed should be adapted to teach kids about all the different types of intercourse and the risks therein but in no way shape or form should same sex anything be taught to kids. That is a conversation best for parents.... whom can discuss the topic w/ their kids w/o restriction.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
If you want your children to learn about gender diversity, you should teach them. If you want your children to learn about evolution, or that God created Man, you should teach them yourself as well.

Old 05-30-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
And by science you mean Creationism? Am I right?

I mean you could accomplish the same thing teaching history, but a lot of that stuff is a bit much for a ten year old to handle. That's why we teach fictional happy-go-lucky stories in place of history in primary and secondary education as well.

And Tristram, I think that's exactly why you would want to "unteach" it. Easier to start with a wiped clean slate 'n all.
If parents have a problem with "Creationism" then it shouldn't be taught in school, right? The same applies for gender diversity as well. It's a two way street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California