Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 05:56 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,075,130 times

Advertisements

This is such a pointless conversation. city has no perspective
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 06:26 PM

6 posts, read 8,885 times
^^^^After reading thread, I agree totally! The central coast is not about cheap shopping.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:28 AM

4,932 posts, read 12,729,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
I know about Macy's and Walmart being in the same city. I live in Santa Maria where we have both and they (Macy's) seems to be bearly holding on. I don't know how a city with the population your size can carry it. I understand you have the surrounding communities that would go to the store, so do we but with the everything so spread out most people won't travel such distances once it gets dark.
Look at where your Macy's is located. It's in downtown! The point of Macy's going in Atascadero is it will draw shoppers from SLO (45,000), Paso (30,000), Morro Bay (10,000), Templeton (7,500), and Santa Margarita (1,000). Monterey has 30,000 population but has it's own Macy's. It draws from the surrounding communities.

Let's not forget too that Atascadero was a planned community. It wasn't planned for a downtown. Heck wonder why you have Colony Square? Colony Square is a lifestyle center, an outdoor mall, a town center, a shopping center for gathering. Atascadero became a city in 1979. It's about to surpass 30,000 population with Eagle Ranch which is surpassing Mr. Lewis's expecations.

Look at South Atascadero. It's all subdivisions and suburban development. I live in Templeton, but my parents own a business in Atascadero and even though I live in Templeton, alot of my life is in Atascadero.

I have been to many city council meetings and talked to city officials and I have prayed many nights for Atascadero.

The good news to all this is that Eagle Ranch, Wal-Mart, and if Macy's comes to Atascadero won't be too far off. Wal-Mart could start construction next year and Eagle Ranch annexation could happen next year. And not sure what will happen with Macy's yet.

Old 06-02-2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CambriaOne View Post
^^^^After reading thread, I agree totally! The central coast is not about cheap shopping.
Oh Cambria.....there is a community I hate more than Templeton....

Old 06-02-2011, 07:38 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,651,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
City, you are showing signs of mild dementia. How can you hate Templeton or Cambria?

I think you are not going to be happy until you have a home in the middle of the City of Los Angeles. You seem to have an affinity for masses of concrete and asphalt.

(And when was the last time you went hiking?)

Old 06-02-2011, 09:25 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,575,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post
Why?? Because cambria doesn't have generic big box stores and it scares you a bit to shop somewhere that doesn't sell stuff that is identical to the stuff that's sold in every other big box store?

Old 06-02-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
City, you are showing signs of mild dementia. How can you hate Templeton or Cambria?

I think you are not going to be happy until you have a home in the middle of the City of Los Angeles. You seem to have an affinity for masses of concrete and asphalt.

(And when was the last time you went hiking?)
Last time I went hiking was Sunday. I tend to go every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Why?? Because cambria doesn't have generic big box stores and it scares you a bit to shop somewhere that doesn't sell stuff that is identical to the stuff that's sold in every other big box store?
Exactly because they have an ordinance that is so exact it prevents any nationals coming to their town and it's very liberal. And plus I have only met one person from Cambria I liked.

Templeton is now very liberal too. Land is becoming all privatized in Templeton and more wealthy people keep moving here.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:54 AM

17,617 posts, read 22,569,422 times
Quote:

We went to Cambria for our Honeymoon. Had a Great Time.

Bought an ocean scene oil painting there.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:57 AM

Miles? Elevation gain? Location? My youngest finally has a boy friend who likes to hike, they did 6 miles and a 1,000 feet up and back down in Little Falls Canyon the other day.

Good for Cambria. Keep the chains out, I would remove all national chain stores from SLO county if I was dictator. I would not live in Cambria, but that is because I don't like monterey pines falling on my house.

Now, a bit of homework there city, can you come up with anything conservatives have done ever, for their community, state, nation?

Pretty tough there eh?

Everything in this area, state, nation that makes it worth living in was a product of liberal action.

Old 06-02-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Apparently he has an inordinate fondness for Chinese sweat shop produced junk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California