U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 02:05 PM

6,662 posts, read 26,215,764 times

Advertisements

I have a friend who swears by traveling from Mexico, says he gets dirt cheap flights out of there.
My friends in Hawaii swear the round trip fares they get are half the price paid from mainland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 04:43 PM

25,631 posts, read 30,318,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I have a friend who swears by traveling from Mexico, says he gets dirt cheap flights out of there.
My friends in Hawaii swear the round trip fares they get are half the price paid from mainland.
Interesting.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:56 PM

6,390 posts, read 7,632,239 times
'Daddy, how far is it to Hawai?"

"Shut up kid, and keep paddling"

I have been told that the cheapest flights to and from Hawaii are via Las Vegas, you need to check that out, but, our Hawaiian friends catch cheap flights to Vegas.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:56 AM

3,921 posts, read 7,712,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
I'll try this board first:
Can someone suggest the cheapest way to get to Oahu, Hawaii? Yes, I know swimming is it (yes, ha! ha! very funny), but has someone gone there lately and can suggest a way to get there that is moneysaving?
I will drive or fly from Phoenix to either LA or San Diego (figuring that is where the boat or flight leaves from in California), and then what do I take? A flight or is there some boat? Any particular travel agencies or places I should call for rates there?
Just trying to save some money on getting there is all. Any suggestions?
I like "Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays". I've gotten some great deals and it's easy to have everything included in one price. You can choose to book the flight/hotel/car...or just the flight/car, or just the flight all online. You can also choose to stay in a hostel or some other low cost accommodation if you choose. Vacations & Vacation Packages - Travel Destinations | Pleasant Holidays

Old 06-04-2011, 10:23 AM

1,999 posts, read 9,424,022 times
Some really great suggestions here...thanks so much all!!! Rep'd you all for your help.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:26 AM

43,423 posts, read 52,413,699 times
Round trip nonstop tickets from DALLAS to Hawaii can be found for around 500 bucks...how much cheaper are you thinking?

Old 06-04-2011, 08:25 PM

23,605 posts, read 31,379,145 times
Default Hawaii visit: Cheapest way to get there from California?

Swim!

Old 06-05-2011, 09:12 AM

4,941 posts, read 6,330,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
I'll try this board first:
Can someone suggest the cheapest way to get to Oahu, Hawaii? Yes, I know swimming is it (yes, ha! ha! very funny), but has someone gone there lately and can suggest a way to get there that is moneysaving?
I will drive or fly from Phoenix to either LA or San Diego (figuring that is where the boat or flight leaves from in California), and then what do I take? A flight or is there some boat? Any particular travel agencies or places I should call for rates there?
Just trying to save some money on getting there is all. Any suggestions?

I agree with the others, forget about making a long and expensive drive to California. Can you go by boat? It's not a realistic option in 2011.

KAYAK - Cheap Flights, Hotels, Airline Tickets, Cheap Tickets, Cheap Travel Deals - Compare Hundreds of Travel Sites At Once is my favorite because it compares multiple sites (Travelocity, Priceline, etc.) and also allows you the option of selecting nearby airports.

Enjoy your vacation!

Old 09-16-2014, 02:07 PM

2,483 posts, read 3,519,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
I like "Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays". I've gotten some great deals and it's easy to have everything included in one price.
I would not say that I LIKE "Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays" (now called 'Pleasant Island Holidays' I think) but I have used them because they offer some really economical fares. They charter planes for their packages, so you only have one option each way and the plane is usually full of the same people both ways. (at least that was my experience) But it's really only intended for RT travel. Your best bet is to use a travel planning tool (I like kayak) to find a decent 1-way fare and book it as soon as the price looks palatable (fare watchers help a lot this way).

BTW, that was mostly intended for the OP, or for general 411, as clongirl probably already knows.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:05 PM

170 posts, read 234,378 times
Hawaiian Airlines has direct flights from PHX-HNL. That might be your cheapest way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or