Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 09:03 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,873,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
bcp??
Read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 09:14 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,286,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest123123 View Post
booo. The weather still sucks for socal and it's July. Average temp for Glendale today is 90. It's been 83 so far this month for the average. The only reason it's even that high is because we had that "heat wave," where it was 94 one day and 91 a couple of other days. I hope this is from ppo like stated above and not some kind of unstable but more permanent climate change.

I feel like I'm the only one who is actually aware of this, mostly because they just don't care that much. 60% of the reason I moved here from Washington state is for the weather. I'm a big fan of SoCal weather, especually for the laditude. Go to the lame latitude in South Carolina and they get way more of a winter. I'm worried are winters will catch up though as far as day time highs. This is kind of like watching one of your favorite athletes become mearly average as they age. It sucks. My parents are coming in a couple of weeks and I'll be suprised if temps surpass 80 for than a few hours. They can't even hit the pool and it will be inland L.A. in August. It's sad and it seems to be progressive. If any month does not average at least 60 this winter I'm more than likly packing for miami or hawaii. This is definatly so if there are two months like that.

Am I the only one who feels dooped by this? Do most aspire for the climate to lean more like one much further north without palm trees? Do people just not know any different because on the forcast they make all this below average temp reading sound like a short cold front when if it"s happening week after week and progressing for years there may be a new "average" in terms of what might be typical to expect? My roomate says it doesn't start to warm up untill July. Well guess what? It's July. It hasn't warmed up and it's not a coincidence.
I don't get your post. I have lived here my entire life and the temps are about as average as they always are. Sure things change a little from time to time but for the most part this is the kind of weather that people are talking about when they want to live in Southern California. You stated that you moved here because of the weather. This is how it is and has always been. If anything I would say that it is hotter than normal. Most people love coming here to get the mild weather. Sunny days with mid 70's. You came here and are you complaining because it is too hot and not what you expected or that it should be hotter?

Old 07-16-2011, 09:35 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,873,247 times
Some people come here with the expectations they read from travel brochures and hear about on inane TV shows, then feel personally slighted when the reality doesn't live up to the hype.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:23 AM

1,472 posts, read 3,540,915 times
I'm O.K. with it up here. Living here most of my life has made me like a polar bear (I don't get cold from the marine layer) and the gray skies are easy on my blue eyes.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:16 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,185,607 times
This is not true. Sure summer of 2010 was cooler than normal, but then the fall was scorching hot. Summer of 2011 was normal. Summer of 2012 was very hot and muggy. The monsoon even hit San Diego! And the Winter of 2012-2013 has been warmer than usual, with more days in the 70sF and 80sF than winters would normall get!

Old 03-14-2013, 07:54 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,436,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstieber View Post
Most people don't like moving just for weather. Fortunately, in California, temperature differences between west and east are vastly greater than north and south, so it's easier to move just 5 or 10 miles west than 400 miles north, and still have the same effect.
Exactly right, and with Pacific sea levels already rising 6" and promising to flood some coastal areas by mid-century, it's time to invest in future waterfront property in Bakersfield!

Sea-level Rise for the Coasts of California, Oregon, and Washington: Past, Present, Future - YouTube

Old 03-15-2013, 05:11 AM

26,667 posts, read 26,664,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by native56 View Post
Facts don't matter. Not one bit. The global warming/climate change crowd will continue to forge ahead regardless of facts. The entire movement has been a fraud right from the start.
Regardless of facts? What "facts" are you reading? Climate Change has already affected California and will continue to do so.
Seven states, seven warning signs of global warming - latimes.com
Phoenix's too hot future - latimes.com

Old 03-15-2013, 08:21 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,660,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by native56 View Post
Facts don't matter. Not one bit. The global warming/climate change crowd will continue to forge ahead regardless of facts. The entire movement has been a fraud right from the start. Do you think it will slow down because of facts? I don't.
I used to say that only the Chinese Communists and the American Conservative denied man caused climate change, but, the ChiComs have come around.

Isn't it peculiar that the only deniers today are the same people that believe Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya?

Their ancestor's stood on the dock as Columbus sailed off, shouting "If the Dragons don't getcha you are going to fall off the edge of the world!"

Old 03-15-2013, 09:38 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,699,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Exactly right, and with Pacific sea levels already rising 6" and promising to flood some coastal areas by mid-century, it's time to invest in future waterfront property in Bakersfield!
"Sittin Fine in Fresno" has a certain appeal. Of course a couple things have to happen juuuusssttttt right, or wrong depending where in CA you are.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:50 AM

50,164 posts, read 46,859,284 times
Sweet! My kids and Grandkids gonna have some expensive beach front property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California