Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 10:07 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,491,253 times

Advertisements

State Democrats drop overtures, will seek majority vote on budget without going to voters for tax OK - San Jose Mercury News
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,1401510.story

LOL.. clowns this bunch are that run this state... As expected.. the deadline has came and went .. and nothing of substance came of it... On w/ the show..
I'll make sure to do my part to offset any fee increases by buying as much as I can from amazon.com and other tax free online-retailers

H.W is due class .. CA govt... *throw together any ol' foolish mishmash of policies and get it passed before the deadline.. Can't miss out on our paychecks .. after all that's why we work...
As for the idiotic tax on net sales.. that wont pass.. they are attempting to pass a law governed by interstate commerce and it will fall on its face... Not to mention amazon has shown it will simply kick any state in the teeth that dares try taxing it.. Morons this bunch.

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 06-14-2011 at 10:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 10:09 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,236,844 times
Good

Old 06-14-2011, 10:24 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,944,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
State Democrats drop overtures, will seek majority vote on budget without going to voters for tax OK - San Jose Mercury News
LOL.. clowns this bunch are that run this state... As expected.. the deadline has came and went .. and nothing of substance came of it... On w/ the show..
I'll make sure to do my part to offset any fee increases by buying as much as I can from amazon.com and other tax free online-retailers
This is a total failure on the part of state democrats. They "punted" by pushing the problems into next years budget which will now be much worse. They took no fiscal responsibility and went for more smoke and mirrors ... "gimmicks".

Lets see if Brown caves on his big campaign promise to not sign a budget full of gimmickry.

"A majority vote puts Brown in something of a political bind. It could force him to sign a budget filled with stopgap measures -- some of which he has called "gimmicks" -- that he vowed to avoid when campaigning last fall."

Old 06-14-2011, 10:39 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,115,667 times
Quote:
California budget: Democratic lawmakers unveil California budget plan - latimes.com

H.W is due class .. CA govt... *throw together any ol' foolish mishmash of policies and get it passed before the deadline.. Can't miss out on our paychecks .. after all that's why we work...
As for the idiotic tax on net sales.. that wont pass.. they are attempting to pass a law governed by interstate commerce and it will fall on its face... Not to mention amazon has shown it will simply kick any state in the teeth that dares try taxing it.. Morons this bunch.
Might not work out too well for you there:

The Democratic budget relies on $200 million by forcing online retailers like Amazon to start collecting state sales taxes.

Capitol Alert: Democratic budget relies on smorgasbord of solutions

Old 06-14-2011, 10:45 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,324,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post

The Democratic budget relies on $200 million by forcing online retailers like Amazon to start collecting state sales taxes.
To hell with the United States Constitution! Let's order a corporation beyond our state borders to collect taxes for us! What's next, toll gates at the state lines and airports?

Old 06-14-2011, 10:50 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,895,577 times
Quote:

Oregon has no sales tax. Have someone up there buy it for you as a "gift". You should be able to get it shipped to California tax free.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:

California is prohibited by federal law to collect sales tax from out of state retail sales when there is no nexus. They would have done this years ago if they could. The lawyers are waiting for that big paycheck when they try.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:52 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,491,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
California is prohibited by federal law to collect sales tax from out of state retail sales when there is no nexus. They would have done this years ago if they could. The lawyers are waiting for that big paycheck when they try.
Pretty much.. I have no fears about them being dumb enough to try to collect tax from online retailers.. It's federal law and they have no jurisdiction .. I guess in order to get a silly 'balanced' budget passed at the 11th hour they are assuming all kinds of things .. like a spaghetti monster delivering 1 billion from outer space to them ....

And yeah, i know about the oregon trick.. lots of friends do it when purchasing pricey apple equipment they love so dearly...

At some point, people will find alternatives.. thus why there are numerous reports on how heavy taxation can actually result in less revenue .. but this is a story i have beat to death before...

It's all about action at this point .. action and entertainment from the clowns in office.

Old 06-15-2011, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Pretty much.. I have no fears about them being dumb enough to try to collect tax from online retailers.. It's federal law and they have no jurisdiction .. I guess in order to get a silly 'balanced' budget passed at the 11th hour they are assuming all kinds of things .. like a spaghetti monster delivering 1 billion from outer space to them ....

And yeah, i know about the oregon trick.. lots of friends do it when purchasing pricey apple equipment they love so dearly...

At some point, people will find alternatives.. thus why there are numerous reports on how heavy taxation can actually result in less revenue .. but this is a story i have beat to death before...

It's all about action at this point .. action and entertainment from the clowns in office.
California will never be successful in collecting sales tax from Amazon. New York already tried this years ago and failed. California resorted to scare tactics and telling residence to claim purchases on state tax forms to collect tax but what they don't say is that its all voluntary ... or more a donation to the state.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:55 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,514,876 times
Oh yes lets write a budget based on "Rosy" over inflated income projections. How very responsible of the libturds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California