Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2015, 08:06 PM

1,156 posts, read 979,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Roflmao

mbell, my buddy - um, of all the ridiculous posts you've made (and that's nearly every one) THIS is perhaps the silliest. Take note of two things:
1) that thread is a tongue-in-cheek parody of, well, posters like yourself. The whole topic is for laughs.
2) you'll note that in that thread, I haven't actually bashed anyplace. I'm not a whiner - like, well, you know who

Now back to your mumbling grumbling!
Mbell's about as sharp as a marble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 09:42 PM

10,097 posts, read 9,945,534 times
Ok I'm with y'all in that Houston and Dallas can't compete with the Bay Area, but you guy act like those Texas are somehow akin to living in Bakersfield or some Podunk town with nothing to do. Both cities are pretty cosmopolitan now with pretty good city amenities for a low cost.

Austin for one is a really cool town with a vibrant scene and a tech hub. I'd love to one day own a house near the lakes.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:16 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,517,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
None of those cities compare to the Bay Area, it's foolish to even argue it.
So now you want to compare a city to the entire Bay Area? that's not what I said, I said SAN JOSE Which is the city he lives in, not the entire Bay Area. Learn to read. Yes, Dallas, Houston and SA have more to do then San Jose, it's foolish to even argue it.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:36 AM

9,197 posts, read 16,781,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
So now you want to compare a city to the entire Bay Area? that's not what I said, I said SAN JOSE Which is the city he lives in, not the entire Bay Area. Learn to read. Yes, Dallas, Houston and SA have more to do then San Jose, it's foolish to even argue it.
You can't separate San Jose from the region because most of the lines of separation are arbitrary, especially in the South Bay.
Not the case in TX. But if you must parse, it is foolish to declare it "foolish to even argue it." SJ has plenty to do. Just need to get out of the family basement to find out.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:47 AM

17,386 posts, read 11,902,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
You can't separate San Jose from the region because most of the lines of separation are arbitrary, especially in the South Bay.
Not the case in TX. But if you must parse, it is foolish to declare it "foolish to even argue it." SJ has plenty to do. Just need to get out of the family basement to find out.
Right there proves you have never spent time in the DFW Area. It's called the Metroplex, and is virtually the same as the Bay Area.

Old 02-09-2015, 12:15 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,470,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Look at Modesto and Bakersfield if you want to see ugly.
Modesto (and Stanislaus County) isn't ugly. Not even close. I've been all over the US (including Texas) and it looks pretty nice compared to much of it. I grew up 15 miles NE of it (Oakdale) and I feel very fortunate to have come from the "Cowboy Capital of the World" (direct jab at TX).

Old 02-09-2015, 02:10 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,517,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Right there proves you have never spent time in the DFW Area. It's called the Metroplex, and is virtually the same as the Bay Area.
Exactly. People like him who think TX is full of nothing but rednecks who's only entertainment is the local Walmart or Bass pro shop are the DB, ignorant types that make people hate Californians. He's probably never even left the state.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:21 PM

144 posts, read 194,625 times
Well, there must be something about Austin.....There's a huge influx of Californians moving here. Most from L.A. some from SF....I don't have an issue with it as I used to live just outside Sacramento (Woodland) myself and don't rule out moving back some day....Both are great places to live and work imo.

Old 02-09-2015, 04:50 PM

444 posts, read 662,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Well let's see . . . The Metroplex consists of Dallas, Ft Worth, ummm Plano, uhhhhhh. And the surrounding environs of North Texas. How lovely.?

Bay Area consists of San Francisco (which by itself is a lot more interesting than the so-called Metroplex) Silicon Valley, Marin County, East Bay, Wine Country nearby, the mighty Pacific next door, giant redwood trees, some of the world's most beautiful National Parks next door, etc etc etc.

In fact: Bay Area alone> State of Texas

Not even close.

Old 02-09-2015, 04:58 PM

444 posts, read 662,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyz View Post
Well, there must be something about Austin.....There's a huge influx of Californians moving here. Most from L.A. some from SF....I don't have an issue with it as I used to live just outside Sacramento (Woodland) myself and don't rule out moving back some day....Both are great places to live and work imo.
Must be very little to do in Austin and Texas in general since counting the number of reject Californians moving to the area and bragging about it seems to be the number one hobby there. No wonder it's cheap!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California