Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2012, 04:25 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,696,977 times

Advertisements

I regret creating this thread in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 04:27 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,936,349 times
Apology accepted.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:15 PM

653 posts, read 945,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
I regret creating this thread in the first place.
I haven't followed this thread, but I SO know THAT feeling. lol Just unsubscribe and walk away. Sometimes that's the only way to keep your sanity. When will it be spring again so I have something other than C-D to keep me occupied? lol And here I thought going the cable-less route was a good idea. lol

Old 01-11-2015, 02:19 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Just because you think Texas is ugly does not mean it is so. Texas if far from ugly. Look at Modesto and Bakersfield if you want to see ugly.

You know absolutely nothing about Texas in many regards so just keep your head in the clouds and worship California.

I find it amazing your disdain for a state that you know very little about and that you have never lived in...talk about a very narrow mind.
I'm a native Cali moving to Texas for the cheap housing and to get away from know it all Californians. If any one asks where I'm from I'm gonna say Nevada.
GTT

Old 01-11-2015, 06:37 AM

21,731 posts, read 16,337,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjohnson View Post
I'm a native Cali moving to Texas for the cheap housing
Thank you.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:38 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,136 times
Quote:
I'm a native Cali moving to Texas for the cheap housing and to get away from know it all Californians. If any one asks where I'm from I'm gonna say Nevada.
GTT
So...from know it all, to what? Know less? Little? Nothing?
Also, there might arise an instant trust issue if your initial interactions with your new townsfolk begin with a lie.
Citizens of the Lone Star aren't known for appreciation of phoniness or prevarication.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:38 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,134,401 times
When people start referring to their homes in terms like "housing," it's a sure sign they are not living very well now and likely lack the ambition, skill set and mindset to live well in the future.

The kinds of dreamers and doers that have built and rebuilt California throughout its history haven't dreamt of paying less and settling for less so that they could be more comfortable in their mediocrity. They came to a place where they had to work harder and prove themselves worthy of a much richer reward.

If it's your argument that the above idea is outdated, make your point. But the notion that square footage is the only measure of happiness and success isn't going to stand up in a California vs. Texas debate--too many other moving parts. Texas vs. Oklahoma--sure, whichever gives you the biggest McMansion for your money is the winner.

Lifestyles in California vs. Texas are just too different to be so simplistically compared, though. This comes from a native Texan currently living in California.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:46 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,996,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalparadise View Post
When people start referring to their homes in terms like "housing," it's a sure sign they are not living very well now and likely lack the ambition, skill set and mindset to live well in the future.

The kinds of dreamers and doers that have built and rebuilt California throughout its history haven't dreamt of paying less and settling for less so that they could be more comfortable in their mediocrity. They came to a place where they had to work harder and prove themselves worthy of a much richer reward.

If it's your argument that the above idea is outdated, make your point. But the notion that square footage is the only measure of happiness and success isn't going to stand up in a California vs. Texas debate--too many other moving parts. Texas vs. Oklahoma--sure, whichever gives you the biggest McMansion for your money is the winner.

Lifestyles in California vs. Texas are just too different to be so simplistically compared, though. This comes from a native Texan currently living in California.
When did you move to California from Texas?

Old 01-12-2015, 02:35 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,134,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
when did you move to california from texas?

Old 01-13-2015, 07:33 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,453,787 times
Quote:
GTT
Isn't that kinda like 'downsizing' from a Lexus to a Kia (while pretending it's a Hyundai)?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California