Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 10:55 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Am thinking now that perhaps it may be only myself that has been around long enough to get the connection.

YouTube - ‪Train Leaving.....‬‏
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 02:26 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,736,406 times
Default All I can add is....

I have never stayed overnight in Needles but years ago when I worked for the Federal government I used to have to visit the Social Security office in Palm Springs and it came up in conversation that many of the Palm Springs employees were on the list to transfer to Needles. When I asked why, I always got the same answer: golf.
(Don't have any Jack Benny -he was the greatest!- material but Bob Hope was a regular visitor to the Palm Springs SSA office. If his check was a penny short, they heard about it!).

Old 06-28-2011, 02:58 PM

49 posts, read 70,477 times
I'm looking for a place where people are God fearing and my homeschooled daughter won't have bad influences.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:08 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamysan View Post
I'm looking for a place where people are God fearing and my homeschooled daughter won't have bad influences.
Aren't people god fearing because of bad influences?

YouTube - ‪Brain Washing ( Jesus Camp ''Highlights'' )‬‏

Old 06-28-2011, 05:13 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,679,297 times
Quote:
Great idea, then when she hits 15 and discovers boys and pot and alcohol she won't have a clue as to how to handle "bad influences".

Then when she decides to rebel a little as most teen girls and boy do, she will chuck god into the dumpster in favor of some tattoo'ed, shaved head, pierced skater.

Good Luck with that.

I never did figure out why anyone should fear god, funny thing; god fearing people love Jesus..

How do they do that?

Old 06-28-2011, 06:06 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Quote:
I'd fear God for sure if I lived in Needles...It's hotter than the Sinai desert out there.

Old 06-28-2011, 06:55 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,679,297 times
I just watched that video, speaking in tongues is a curious thing. I have spoken to christians that believe it is speaking to god. I have spoken to christians that believe speaking in tongues is satanic.

Go figure

Dang, that video is one of the saddest things I have ever seen, and I was there once. Poor kids, they will spend the rest of their lives trying to get over what those clowns are doing to them.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:03 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Then when she decides to rebel a little as most teen girls and boy do, she will chuck god into the dumpster in favor of some tattoo'ed, shaved head, pierced skater.
All that, and boyfriend will surely be a speedfreak, if we're going to "save" the young'n in Needles, of all places. Then again, the lovely couple may get on TV on Cops. Cue: "All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law"

Old 06-29-2011, 06:35 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Am thinking now that perhaps it may be only myself that has been around long enough to get the connection. During his heyday, the late, great comedian Jack Benny would sometimes make references to and crack jokes about Pismo Beach. Because of his huge popularity it boosted the town and helped to place it more firmly on the map. Jokes aside, most residents, even to this day, were quite proud of those half century old Benny little digs. Hope this clears things up. Everybody get it now?
I thought it was Bugs Bunny that boosted the tourism of Pismo Beach. "Gee! I musta takin a wrong turn at Pismo Beach!"

Old 06-29-2011, 07:32 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,923,286 times
Quote:
Needles isn't it. Fo sho.

There are bad influences everywhere. I know a 15 year old girl who had everything handed to her on a silver platter. She attends one of the highest performing schools in her area, lives in a well above average income household, in one of the most desired areas in a large city.

But, she cuts school, dabbles in drugs, and runs away for days at a time (to hang out with her "true friends", the homeless).

If kids are attracted to bad influences, they'll go find it, no matter what their surroundings and/or personal upbringings are.

But try Western Kansas (seriously, look into towns like and near Goodland and Colby), and you could probably even put her in public school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California