Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 04:17 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
All of those millions of unemployed people living in this state.
Really? So when they go to the store they are excused from sales tax?

When they buy gas they are excused from gas tax?

They are excused from property tax?

Their unemployment payments are not taxed?

Do Tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Like I said ... the progressive liberals are trying to change our society and rewrite history. I guess you have never been to Washing DC.

Our country was founded on Christianity.
John Adams, second President of these here United States, "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,"

Here is a little assignment for you, find a Christian among the Founding Fathers.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:42 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Religion has nothing to do with this. If a cross in or isnt' in a state seal it won't make a difference. It's not worth fighting to keep it OR eliminate it IMO but if someone wants to redesign the darn thing without one it's no skin off anyones nose and could actually be more inclusive of the population to keep it out.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:46 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,087,251 times
Quote:
Get over the ya'll thing...not everyone from from Texa says ya'll
It was a joke, I'm fully aware that a handful* of educated folks in Texas don't use it.

*That was a joke too.

Quote:
I will do what almost everyone else does that comes here and finds out how stupid the voters are. We will make all that money for the next 25 years and take our retirement and enjoy it elsewhere.
Yep, those stupid voters, yet you are here instead of your believed home state. Interesting.

Also, I'm not sure why you think retiring in some other state is some how sticking it to California, seniors don't generate a lot of revenue for the state. Furthermore, California has some of the most attractive retirement options so you're only hurting yourself.

Seriously, for retirement where else in the country matches the less populated areas of California?

Old 07-10-2011, 04:48 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,972,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
John Adams, second President of these here United States, "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,"

Here is a little assignment for you, find a Christian among the Founding Fathers.
Watch the video I linked and you will get the answer ...

Old 07-10-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Don, lets go through this vid.
The first thing is the Bible printed by the US Congress in 1782.
The United States did not exist in 1782, there was no US Congress.
The first bible printed in English in America was the Aitkens Bible, printed privately.
The Continental Congress, not the Congress of the United States, recommended this bible, did not print it.

The speaker is apparently unaware that this Continental Congress was 9 years prior to the adoption of the Bill of Rights.

The paintings, the first of which shows Christopher Columbus who enslaved or killed many of the indians he found.

You know of course, that Jefferson was not a Christian,
Quote:
"I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world, and do not find in our particular superstition [Christianity] one redeeming feature. They are all alike, founded upon fables and mythologies" (Letter to Dr. Woods)
Barton told half truths, which of course, are half lies. Once he got past the founding fathers, he was off our subject.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Don, Adams, Jefferson, Franklin, Washington were not Christians.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:52 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,972,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Don, lets go through this vid.
The first thing is the Bible printed by the US Congress in 1782.
The United States did not exist in 1782, there was no US Congress.
The first bible printed in English in America was the Aitkens Bible, printed privately.
The Continental Congress, not the Congress of the United States, recommended this bible, did not print it.

The speaker is apparently unaware that this Continental Congress was 9 years prior to the adoption of the Bill of Rights.

The paintings, the first of which shows Christopher Columbus who enslaved or killed many of the indians he found.

You know of course, that Jefferson was not a Christian,

Barton told half truths, which of course, are half lies. Once he got past the founding fathers, he was off our subject.
There he goes again ... trying to rewrite history ...

Old 07-10-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
There he goes again ... trying to rewrite history ...
No rewrite, just demonstrable historical facts

Old 07-10-2011, 04:54 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,087,251 times
Quote:
Seriously? That video doesn't address anything, I mean seriously, you serious?!

I'll ask again, show me the parts of the constitution and bill of rights that say anything about Christianity, they do quote John Locke..... Anyhow, I don't even remember why this topic came up....

Donny-boy, enjoy those tax free Amazon purchase while they last as you'll be paying tax on them soon enough. Its all an evil liberal plot to steal money from you and give it to Hispanics to have more babies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California