U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2011, 05:22 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,880,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
Oakland is the ghetto now? LMAO. Dude seriously, just keep posting. Your posts are pure comedic gold.
Oakland ranked fifth most dangerous US city – Oakland North : North Oakland News, Food, Art and Events
Yeah, sorry brah .. you live in the ghetto .. Speak from that perspective too...
Oakland is only next to detroit and flint michigan in way of crime..

From across the bay, I find your views to be quite comedic too ..
So, lets keep this going .. B.T.W - I think you're 'per post' cheerleader Curmudgeon is kinda cute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 05:23 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,023,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
He just had to stop counting at 40s.
I'm still laughing at Oakland being the "ghetto." Mr. Light of Truth for this thread falls back on ignorant stereotypes when it suits his needs, what a chump.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Oakland ranked fifth most dangerous US city – Oakland North : North Oakland News, Food, Art and Events
Yeah, sorry brah .. you live in the ghetto .. Speak from that perspective too...
Oakland is only next to detroit and flint michigan in way of crime..

From across the bay, I find your views to be quite comedic too ..
Do you actually read your own sources dip ****?

Old 07-18-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Do you actually read your own sources dip ****?
On Monday, the Congressional Quarterly (CQ) Press released its annual City Crime Rate Rankings list, which ranks cities from highest number of crimes reported to lowest. Little has changed since last year—the top five remain the same—and Oakland, California, is still one of them.

Generalizations don't feel so good do they ?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/7/73/20110128203738!Trollface.png (broken link)

Old 07-18-2011, 06:13 PM

23,605 posts, read 31,379,145 times
Someone has waaay too much time on their hands. But I guess pontification and verbosity do take up idle hours usually spent in front of the liquor store.

This thread has outlived it's usefulness as it was never intended to be one malcontent's soapbox. I'd be glad to see it closed.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Someone has waaay too much time on their hands. But I guess pontification and verbosity do take up idle hours usually spent in front of the liquor store.

This thread has outlived it's usefulness as it was never intended to be one malcontent's soapbox. I'd be glad to see it closed.

Yeah, I'm out in front of a liquor store on my macbook pro using google wifi drinking a 40 !

This thread has exposed a lot .. Mission accomplished...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/7/73/20110128203738!Trollface.png (broken link)

#winning

Old 07-19-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
blah, blah, blah

Generalizations? You're the idiot who didn't even read their own source:

But from the prospective of Barry Krisberg, senior fellow at UC Berkeley’s Center for Criminal Justice, the report is not what people should focus on. There is little logic in comparing one city’s crime activity to another, he says, particularly when the statistics are based on voluntary reporting.
“The biggest issue is that the study relies upon crimes reported, and historically, there’s been variation in that,” Krisberg says. “Cities that have better reporting actually look like they’re worse.”
As a rule, Krisberg says, only about half of all violent crimes are ever reported to the police. Gang related crimes, for example, often go unreported and unpunished. And a lot of this is determined by a funnel—“by the willingness of the public to report crimes,” Krisberg says. “For example, a city is less likely to report crimes to the police if it has large numbers of unauthorized immigrants.”

Krisberg also points out that comparing a city like Oakland, for example, with a city like Colonie, New York, is fruitless. Demographic, regional and cultural differences prevent the comparisons from being valuable, which is why Krisberg believes the public would be better served charting trends in a particular city. “The report is very controversial,” says Krisberg. “Every year when it comes out, the US Conference of Mayors condemns it.” Sure enough, on November 21, the conference issued a preemptive press release denouncing the “crime rankings as bogus

Step one is reading the headline, step two is actually reading the article. Got anymore overused internet memes to use as a proxy for an argument?

Old 07-19-2011, 11:33 AM

8,262 posts, read 16,332,567 times
Quote:
Waiting...tap...tap...tap!
Geesh! How much education do they need to be a pimp. Or a drug mule? Or a gangbanger?Or a rapper. Or an NBA player? I mean I just dont see minorities beating a path to University gates.

Old 07-19-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Geesh! How much education do they need to be a pimp. Or a drug mule? Or a gangbanger?Or a rapper. Or an NBA player? I mean I just dont see minorities beating a path to University gates.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Generalizations? You're the idiot who didn't even read their own source:

But from the prospective of Barry Krisberg, senior fellow at UC Berkeley’s Center for Criminal Justice, the report is not what people should focus on. There is little logic in comparing one city’s crime activity to another, he says, particularly when the statistics are based on voluntary reporting.
“The biggest issue is that the study relies upon crimes reported, and historically, there’s been variation in that,” Krisberg says. “Cities that have better reporting actually look like they’re worse.”
As a rule, Krisberg says, only about half of all violent crimes are ever reported to the police. Gang related crimes, for example, often go unreported and unpunished. And a lot of this is determined by a funnel—“by the willingness of the public to report crimes,” Krisberg says. “For example, a city is less likely to report crimes to the police if it has large numbers of unauthorized immigrants.”

Krisberg also points out that comparing a city like Oakland, for example, with a city like Colonie, New York, is fruitless. Demographic, regional and cultural differences prevent the comparisons from being valuable, which is why Krisberg believes the public would be better served charting trends in a particular city. “The report is very controversial,” says Krisberg. “Every year when it comes out, the US Conference of Mayors condemns it.” Sure enough, on November 21, the conference issued a preemptive press release denouncing the “crime rankings as bogus

Step one is reading the headline, step two is actually reading the article. Got anymore overused internet memes to use as a proxy for an argument?
I read it .. I watch it on the news ... Oakland is not a Cupertino now is it? .. People can say controversy all they want, everyone in the bay area knows the big difference between Oakland and say Palo Alto/Cupertino....

Generalization .. yeah, it's a generalized statement to say Oakland is a ghetto (there are pockets that are actually nice).. I am using the same technique others are imploring to make idiot generalizations .. I'm trolling.. In case you didn't get the internet meme of a troll face...

That's all many people seem to be doing so I'm going to troll too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or