U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-04-2011, 11:52 AM

12,167 posts, read 9,528,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Really..........hahaha, thousands of people had their lives shattered due to war................then actually saw THEIR FAMILIES BUTCHERED. Wow, that is just nothing to libs.............haha, nice job showing your colors LIBS.
You are once again focusing on the wrong thing. "Horrified acts" aren't the issue, the lack of educational opportunity, lack of opportunity, etc are the issue. And Asians certainly face similar issues, why do you think South-east Asian countries are poor? The fact that some enterprising individuals from Southeast Asian immigrant here.....doesn't change that.

Now, in terms WW2, there is no analogy. That was genocide, not a collection of people pushed into slavery for centuries. Furthermore, it was in an entirely different region of the world. The genocide occurred in Europe, not the United States. Indeed, because of WW2 many of the most educated and wealthy Jews immigrated to the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 01:51 PM

2,313 posts, read 1,454,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipton Mike View Post
Look at the Libs coming out with their diversity speeches. Newsflash. The Irish had it worst than any slave. I'm so sick of Blacks thinking they had it so bad. It's better than being in Africa dying of AIDS in a jungle. Be glad you're over here and not over there. Instead you get angry ungrateful thugs ranting about "racism".
Keep up the hate brother .. LOL

Yep, no surprise why AA still exists ... bwahahaha

Old 10-04-2011, 08:13 PM

7,624 posts, read 4,737,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
You are once again focusing on the wrong thing. "Horrified acts" aren't the issue, the lack of educational opportunity, lack of opportunity, etc are the issue. And Asians certainly face similar issues, why do you think South-east Asian countries are poor? The fact that some enterprising individuals from Southeast Asian immigrant here.....doesn't change that.

Now, in terms WW2, there is no analogy. That was genocide, not a collection of people pushed into slavery for centuries. Furthermore, it was in an entirely different region of the world. The genocide occurred in Europe, not the United States. Indeed, because of WW2 many of the most educated and wealthy Jews immigrated to the US.
No, you are wrong. I am focusing on what needs to be focused on, the ability of MOST humans to overcome and thrive.

But libs............blah, blah, blah..........excuses............race based society........blah.......worthless/hurtful programs..............over and over and over.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:07 PM

47,340 posts, read 37,345,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
W.O.W. ...
If you had any respectful credibility left as a contributor to this discussion board -- among other than bigots -- I can't imagine you do now with any who read this. Blatant, classic racism. And, once again, you fail to acknowledge the realities of the issues. The Jewish culture and peoples have been largely, and appropriately, respected and admired in great measure throughout the ages -- as well as feared and reviled. Why feared? Because of their acknowledged talents and exceedingly well developed and cohesive culture. They were despised in certain ages in certain places by other classes and cultures precisely because they (the Jews) were so capable at business and were so deeply educated. The massive crime of the Nazis was a one-era event that occurred under guise of war, wherein much of the rest of the world mobilized -- too late -- to try and save the Jews as well as save the world from the maniacal threat of a group of racist madmen.

Nothing of the sort has ever been comparable to the depiction and treatment of Africans. N.o.t.h.i.n.g. Just the opposite. Your comments stand as a classic example of the legacy of brainwashing that continues to this day. A continent of many diverse, tribal cultures was set upon and taken advantage of without any regard to dignity or potential of the peoples. They were converted to chattel property and treated and confined and used as human livestock -- forced to live in generation after generation of humiliation and poverty without access to education or individual or collective opportunities or freedoms. Easily identified by color of skin (as Jews were not) a profile was created that was inhuman. And it is this very profile that continues today, however invisibly it moves.

You wrote that your ancestry was 50% Jewish. Now you add that you are a Catholic. Neither background is the foundation for the kind of limits placed on successive generations of blacks from slavery. You might consider disavowing your statement ... ummm, try protesting that your account was hacked and someone posted that disgusting slander to make you look bad.
sounds to me like you have an axe to grind and are doing your best to grind away. It might be hard for you to accept, but the Jews did have a horrible time in this country for many years. They would educate themselves (better than most minorities) never depended on help from anyone and still they were discriminated against. Some still are.

Nita

Old 10-05-2011, 12:35 PM

6,390 posts, read 2,867,823 times
Quote:
sounds to me like you have an axe to grind and are doing your best to grind away. It might be hard for you to accept, but the Jews did have a horrible time in this country for many years. They would educate themselves (better than most minorities) never depended on help from anyone and still they were discriminated against. Some still are.

Nita
In this country? Do explain

Old 10-05-2011, 01:08 PM

2,313 posts, read 1,454,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
Pick up a history book and do some research .. i think i did this and posted the information like 10-12 times on this thread. You're wrong.
No one has an axe to grind.. A lot of you just don't know what the hell you're talking about and are factually/historically wrong..
I have no clue where you're getting your confidence from either ... You're just wrong.. 5 minutes of research would show you that...
God I love this country as of late.. It used to be that uninformed/ignorant people kept their mouths shut less they be exposed.. Now-a-days you can't shut them up .. and the confidence is unparalleled... Simply amazing..

You think some races are better than others .. we get it .. it's called being racist .. and you will look for any ignorant interpretation of something to feel confident in your racist views...

Old 10-05-2011, 01:08 PM

18,313 posts, read 14,480,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
W.O.W. ...
If you had any respectful credibility left as a contributor to this discussion board -- among other than bigots -- I can't imagine you do now with any who read this. Blatant, classic racism. And, once again, you fail to acknowledge the realities of the issues. The Jewish culture and peoples have been largely, and appropriately, respected and admired in great measure throughout the ages -- as well as feared and reviled. Why feared? Because of their acknowledged talents and exceedingly well developed and cohesive culture. They were despised in certain ages in certain places by other classes and cultures precisely because they (the Jews) were so capable at business and were so deeply educated. The massive crime of the Nazis was a one-era event that occurred under guise of war, wherein much of the rest of the world mobilized -- too late -- to try and save the Jews as well as save the world from the maniacal threat of a group of racist madmen.

Nothing of the sort has ever been comparable to the depiction and treatment of Africans. N.o.t.h.i.n.g. Just the opposite. Your comments stand as a classic example of the legacy of brainwashing that continues to this day. A continent of many diverse, tribal cultures was set upon and taken advantage of without any regard to dignity or potential of the peoples. They were converted to chattel property and treated and confined and used as human livestock -- forced to live in generation after generation of humiliation and poverty without access to education or individual or collective opportunities or freedoms. Easily identified by color of skin (as Jews were not) a profile was created that was inhuman. And it is this very profile that continues today, however invisibly it moves.

You wrote that your ancestry was 50% Jewish. Now you add that you are a Catholic. Neither background is the foundation for the kind of limits placed on successive generations of blacks from slavery. You might consider disavowing your statement ... ummm, try protesting that your account was hacked and someone posted that disgusting slander to make you look bad.
Actually, I believe I wrote 25% and I am Catholic. The other 75% prevailed.

Read history, especially European including both the Dark Ages and Medieval times, and the treatment of Jews. Don't leave out the Spanish Inquisition, then move onto the more recent progroms that preceded the Holocaust.

I did not confine my remarks to just American Jews although there was a reason that half my relatives, both close and far, who fled Russia and Poland due to persecution at the turn of two centuries ago changed the spelling of the last name to a Germanic spelling, gave their children decidedly Christian names and cast off their religion to all outward appearances. My branch of the family did otherwise.

I disavow nothing!

Waiting....4....3....2....1

Old 10-05-2011, 01:12 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,024,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Pick up a history book and do some research .. i think i did this and posted the information like 10-12 times on this thread. You're wrong.
Now please stop w/ your uninformed comments....
You forgot to call her a racist too, yeahthatguy. Going by your track record, anyone who has a different opinion must be one too, right?

Old 10-05-2011, 01:36 PM

7,154 posts, read 3,737,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
Boy do you ever miss (entirely) the whole conversation ... go back and read and think ... take note of all the issues. Then come back and think about especially your line that the Jews: "never depended on help from anyone" ... Ask yourself questions like: what gave them the platform to excel without help from anyone? (are you suggesting genetic superiority?) ... how did they educate themselves without assistance? What gave them the strength and ability to do that: socially, financially, etc? Jews are among the ruling class of the world in government and business and military. How did that reality come to be? For how long has that been true? (hint: forever) ... now back to highnlite's question, as well: "exactly when did the Jews have a hard time in this country?"

When I was growing up I knew mostly blacks -- and Jews ... these were my closest friends ... these were my family's friends and associates ... I am a Caucasian of N. European descent who spent a lot of my youth going to black churches and to synagogues with my father (a frequent guest speaker) ... I ate with blacks and Jews ... I socialized and celebrated with them ... and I came to know, through this shared life, the realities of the black experience and the Jewish experience.

Did YOU know, for instance, that Jews were a primary founding force of the NAACP to advance the cause of peoples of color? Were YOU personally and your family threatened with hanging and firebombing as a child because of your family's involvement in civil rights advancement? Did YOU or your parents ever risk their lives to save blacks lives, literally, from mobs of whites, including rogue police? I have lived all those things. Yeah, I'm passionately anti-racist.

Sounds to me like you haven't the experience to fairly judge nor ability to logically process history.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:39 PM

6,390 posts, read 2,867,823 times
I think I will sit back and watch the show
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California