Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 03:16 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
An 18 year old FS firefighter will make more money than a Sargeant, and he can quit if he wants, and the food is better. Much Much better, and no one is setting IED's on your road.

Dang, I bet you don't know what the FS is.... city kids these days.

But, since you are here, tell me something. What have Conservatives ever done for the good of America?

This country is done for, blame BOTH the Republir*ts and Demor*ts, Mad Max America coming soon to your city.

Or you can be an Ideologue, fine with me....I believe in Pixie Dust and Unicorns.....you can believe in either ripoff party of your choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 03:25 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
[/b]

This country is done for, blame BOTH the Republir*ts and Demor*ts, Mad Max America coming soon to your city.

Or you can be an Ideologue, fine with me....I believe in Pixie Dust and Unicorns.....you can believe in either ripoff party of your choice.
Poll question:
When you hold a hot match to a tick does the head come out with the bloated body? ... or do you have to dig for it?

What does all this have to do with Affirmative Action?

Old 10-06-2011, 04:40 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,678,559 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite
An 18 year old FS firefighter will make more money than a Sargeant, and he can quit if he wants, and the food is better. Much Much better, and no one is setting IED's on your road.

Dang, I bet you don't know what the FS is.... city kids these days.

But, since you are here, tell me something. What have Conservatives ever done for the good of America?

Well, you avoided answering the two great questions of our time:
Whether or not you knew what the FS is.
And what Conservatives have ever done for their country.

Don't worry about the first, it was not that important, unless you enjoy life.
The second though continually cracks me up. Nobody is able to answer it!

Old 10-06-2011, 04:53 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,077,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
And thus, affirmative action. Should we have 500 years of it? Seems to me the Jews did it in far less and without all the props. But if I expounded on the obvious differences I'd immediately be labeled a racist, again. I guess common sense will never trump political correctness.
Nope, you shouldn't have 500 years of it, you won't need 500 years of it.

In terms of the Jews, I'm not sure what your point is. Are you trying to suggest that Jews are genetically superior to blacks?

Old 10-06-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Well, people do as good or bad as they chose to for the most part. Sure you can run into roadblocks, but MOST PEOPLE/AMERICANS push through them.
We aren't talking about personal roadblocks here, we are talking about cultural issues. Being raised by uneducated and poor parents isn't a "roadblock" it effects your development, you can't re-engineer your brain as an adult...the damage is done.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:32 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Nope, you shouldn't have 500 years of it, you won't need 500 years of it.

In terms of the Jews, I'm not sure what your point is. Are you trying to suggest that Jews are genetically superior to blacks?
Don't, as is your wont, read into it something that isn't there, lest you make that point all by yourself!

Old 10-06-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Don't, as is your wont, read into it something that isn't there, lest you make that point all by yourself!
Sorry, no idea what you're talking about....

Old 10-06-2011, 08:30 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
Sorry, no idea what you're talking about....
Figures!

Old 10-06-2011, 09:28 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,743,454 times
Quote:
Figures!

No, he meant as in your post was completely unintelligible.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:27 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,928,986 times
Gov. Jerry Brown vetoes affirmative action, SB 185 | 89.3 KPCC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California