U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will I have a very tough time dating interracial in Southern California?
Yes, what you heard is true 7 35.00%
Depends on which parts 3 15.00%
In most cases no 4 20.00%
Not at all 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 10:18 PM

1,552 posts, read 3,673,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WavinFlag View Post
No actually I think being more into my culture is going to create major disadvantages, repped you for helping me though.
Thanks for the rep points!! I don't know what in your culture would be a disadvantage but I find a man knowledgeable about his culture, heritage, etc. as a great asset.

You would have to explain more to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 01:07 AM

30,201 posts, read 16,739,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
This is an interesting question which would be good to hear from some of the ladies on.

There are definately a lot of races intermingled throughout SoCal. But honestly I think much will depend on where you socialize primarily and who is there. For example I am partly hispanic with a hispanic sur name. Yet the majority of my friends where I grew up in SoCal (South Bay) were white. It was just the demographic in that part of SoCal at the time. Then I spent the majority of my early single years around mixed races in college. I dated asian, white, hispanic and persian women through college and beyond. Finally I met my wife at a church I attended which had mixed races and she is white. Our kids look white for the most part, unless in the sun a lot.
So you're like British video producer Jake Nava, whose father is from Mexico and his mother is Dutch and Austrian. (You most likely don't look anything like him, though. )

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or