U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2011, 06:19 PM
TA3 TA3 started this thread

4 posts, read 9,416 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I am a Canadian physical therapist looking at relocating to So-Cal with my husband and three children. I am curious to learn what the salary range would be for a hospital staff physical therapist (I have 16 years experience).

My other question is: What seem to be the best (most enjoyable) hospitals to work at around the LA area (but not including LA). We are interested in as far south as Temecula. Or are there any hospitals that you would NOT recommend and why?

Thanks Teri Anne
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Status: "Enjoying the the beauty of the PNW" (set 7 days ago)

5,504 posts, read 12,364,319 times
I can recommend a few things. First of all you want to work near the nicer areas for your family because traffic is horrible in SoCal. So with that in mind take a look at hospitals in/near the Torrance area like Torrance Memorial and Little Company of Mary. Long Beach Memorial is pretty good also.

Look at this to get an idea about current positions available and salaries: Physical Therapist Jobs, Employment in Torrance, CA | Indeed.com

There are many good hospitals in the LA/OC region. Where will your husband be working?

Derek

Old 07-25-2011, 06:26 PM

My husband is an electrician so we have a little flexibility what area we go to (With money being the biggest limit of course!)

Old 07-25-2011, 06:43 PM

I took a look at those job postings and unfortunately only one gave a salary range which was ~$32 to $51/hr. Is that reflective of most hospitals?

Old 07-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Status: "Enjoying the the beauty of the PNW" (set 7 days ago)

5,504 posts, read 12,364,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TA3 View Post
I took a look at those job postings and unfortunately only one gave a salary range which was ~$32 to $51/hr. Is that reflective of most hospitals?
Well, first of all there are 5400+ job openings listed. Then if you look at the side of the page it provides a breakdown of jobs by salary estimate. Notice there are 820 jobs above $80K/yr and 279 above $100k/yr. Again these are estimates. Much will depend on your years of experience, specialties, the hospital itself, etc... If you want more specific salary info than that you may need to do some more research/leg work of your own like call some of the facilities directly, talk to PTs in the area, or talk with placement agencies.

Derek

Old 07-26-2011, 08:38 PM

Ah yes you are right... thanks for pointing that out, somehow I missed that.

T
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or