Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 10:40 PM

16,580 posts, read 27,296,762 times

Advertisements

As I read this thread I now hear Bozo the Clown music in my head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2011, 10:48 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,951,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimC2462 View Post
I try to boycott products not made in USA. I just don't think boycotting is realistic on a state and national level. I've started purchasing organic foods because they are made locally here in the central valley. They cost more, but I am supporting local growers that reside in California.

However, people want products for cheap -- that's the problem.
Products will be more expensive if we buy "Made in California" or "Made in USA" but if it also means creating jobs and growing business ... that extra money in product is an investment in our future ... a future we control .. as opposed to an increase in taxes where government yahoo's just spend more on political ideology.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:30 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,854,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
As I read this thread I now hear Bozo the Clown music in my head.
That would be the Don9 theme song ... how could one expect a serious discussion from a guy who does nothing but rant and spew Tea-Party talking points while predicting doom is at hand as if the world has never faced crisis before and found ways to proceed? As I have been saying, I'd put more faith by far in the Mbuti ways than Tea-Party solutions ... silly me.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:39 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,568,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
That would be the Don9 theme song ... how could one expect a serious discussion from a guy who does nothing but rant and spew Tea-Party talking points while predicting doom is at hand as if the world has never faced crisis before and found ways to proceed? As I have been saying, I'd put more faith by far in the Mbuti ways than Tea-Party solutions ... silly me.

No I think it's the polyphonic pygmy music you to which you referred earlier. LOL

Old 08-14-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
No I think it's the polyphonic pygmy music you to which you referred earlier. LOL
Catchy tunes, huh! No hip-hop ... no "Sky is Falling" lyrics ... just jungle get-down-to-business like we have for thousands of years foot-stomping ... California take a lesson!

Sorry, I just can't stop shaking my head at the gloom and doom ...
California: finest 163,696 sq mi on the planet, with the world's 8th largest economy, including probably the strongest agricultural foundation and resources anywhere, with likely the world's largest brain-trust to boot -- and it's about to collapse in flames unless Don9 brings the Tea-Party to the rescue!

Old 08-14-2011, 09:56 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,421,040 times
Yeah, and the Theme from Benny Hill would probably be the perfect song for the Tea Party...

Benny Hill music video - YouTube

Old 08-14-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Yeah, and the Theme from Benny Hill would probably be the perfect song for the Tea Party...

Benny Hill music video - YouTube
I hear a new National Anthem here ... California State song, at the very least ... something all you worker-bees can labor to whilst cleaning up the garbage not being picked up after you cut the sanitation workers from the budget ...

Old 08-14-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Seeing people from different political backgrounds discussing real issues without throwing mud at each other must really flame your troll tendencies and you can't allow this to occur without your constant troll attempts to derail the conversation with distractions and insults.

Go away troll ... back to your troll hole. You offer nothing.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:56 AM

California Risks ‘Drastic’ Budget Cuts as Receipts Miss Forecast

Aug. 10 (Bloomberg) -- California faces “drastic” cuts to universities, schools and social programs if revenue continues to trail budget forecasts, the state controller said after July collections fell short by about 10 percent.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:34 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,421,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Seeing people from different political backgrounds discussing real issues without throwing mud at each other must really flame your troll tendencies and you can't allow this to occur without your constant troll attempts to derail the conversation with distractions and insults.

Go away troll ... back to your troll hole. You offer nothing.
OK, then what do you have to offer besides "gloom-n-doom" and "the sky is falling"? Complaining and "just say no" is cheap (as the GOP knows only too well).... but providing "solutions" is much harder.

And BTW, in case we missed it, you're always free to reference your earlier posts just by number, instead of the typical dismissive (and trollish), "this has already been covered before".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California