Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 10:39 AM

2,963 posts, read 6,261,634 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 04:34 PM

306 posts, read 603,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponypenny View Post
No problem, but I'm sure your local gas stations like the business.
Next time do your self a favor. Fill up in your own city and keep your tax dollars local. Your the last type of people we want here wearing on our infrastructure.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:01 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnofresno View Post
Get your gas somewhere else we'd care less.
How much less would you care?

Old 09-16-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
How much less would you care?
A rat's tush.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:10 PM

30 posts, read 88,684 times
I know this does not really answer your questions, but in response to your title-this place is a hellhole. I have been here a year after having grown up here and leaving in 1979. i hated it then and I hate it it here now, and it seems to have gotten worse. Its very hot in the summer, very cold in the winter with foggy days and nights. They have these things called goat heads that are always puncturing my bicycle tires (first time I rode a bike here I got about 10 in each tire) I've been told it's pretty conservative here. People don't seem to know how to use the blinkers in their cars. It seems like 3/4 of Fresno is ghetto. I was told this is the poorest city in California. The unemployment rate is about 20%. I am renting a 1 bedroom apartment for $575. There are some for less. The price of food and electricity seem cheap to me as I was living in Hawaii. It seems like the bus system is pretty decent. Its a $1-$1.50 Don't quite remember. There is no culture here. Do not move here. Think I wrote this because i just wanted to vent my feelings about this place. By the way, I did not move here intentionally. I had just moved to the Bay Area and broke my arm and so came here to have help from family.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahmalla View Post
I know this does not really answer your questions, but in response to your title-this place is a hellhole. I have been here a year after having grown up here and leaving in 1979. i hated it then and I hate it it here now, and it seems to have gotten worse. Its very hot in the summer, very cold in the winter with foggy days and nights. They have these things called goat heads that are always puncturing my bicycle tires (first time I rode a bike here I got about 10 in each tire) I've been told it's pretty conservative here. People don't seem to know how to use the blinkers in their cars. It seems like 3/4 of Fresno is ghetto. I was told this is the poorest city in California. The unemployment rate is about 20%. I am renting a 1 bedroom apartment for $575. There are some for less. The price of food and electricity seem cheap to me as I was living in Hawaii. It seems like the bus system is pretty decent. Its a $1-$1.50 Don't quite remember. There is no culture here. Do not move here. Think I wrote this because i just wanted to vent my feelings about this place. By the way, I did not move here intentionally. I had just moved to the Bay Area and broke my arm and so came here to have help from family.
Get well and get the hell out of here. The only thing wrong with fresno is that there are too many out of towners. I'd take the heat,cold,fog and goatheads. I just wished everyone who isnt from here and complaining would just leave. The only reason people say it has no culture is because boring people like yourself have non. A city of 500,000 has something going for it other wise it would not be as populated.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:31 PM

268 posts, read 241,165 times
I live an hour from Fresno and I go there mostly for shopping or for eating. The Town I live (Visalia) is pretty boring, so I wouldn't mind living in Fresno, but it definitely wouldn't be my first choice for City living.

Last edited by KingObeat; 09-16-2011 at 10:39 PM..

Old 09-17-2011, 04:26 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnofresno View Post
Get well and get the hell out of here. The only thing wrong with fresno is that there are too many out of towners. I'd take the heat,cold,fog and goatheads. I just wished everyone who isnt from here and complaining would just leave. The only reason people say it has no culture is because boring people like yourself have non. A city of 500,000 has something going for it other wise it would not be as populated.
Sure it would. Tijuana Norte.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Sure it would. Tijuana Norte.
good for you: I am not blasting Fresno, but it certainly has its problems.

Oh, has anyone noticed, the OP never came back, posted 3 times in the same day and went his/her merry way.

NIta

Old 09-17-2011, 11:52 AM

178 posts, read 332,311 times
I live an hour away from Fresno. The central valley gets very hot and dry. It wouldn't be in my top ten to live unless i had a reason to go there. As far as cost of living it is cheaper to live in the central valley than the coastal areas. That's the only reason why people move here. Also Fresno is very large and rent depends on the area of town you want to live in. If I was moving to a new town with no job or plan I would probably try to save around $5000 for rent for a few months in case getting a job takes a little longer than expected. I also would try not to sign a long term lease. That way if you have any problems with the area or get a job to far from location you can move.. Good luck on your new adventure in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California