U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 06:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,300 times
I still haven't gotten my card yet! I got 1 and only 1 warning on Thursday 8/25, letter dated 8/22. Now it's Saturday still haven't gotten it yet. My car payment is way late! I'm trying to get approved with WIA for new training to work. Is anyone else having trouble with late cards?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 11:13 PM

11,835 posts, read 9,422,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnieO View Post
I still haven't gotten my card yet! I got 1 and only 1 warning on Thursday 8/25, letter dated 8/22. Now it's Saturday still haven't gotten it yet. My car payment is way late! I'm trying to get approved with WIA for new training to work. Is anyone else having trouble with late cards?
Ok wow, guess I've been lucky. I got the warning in June from the automated phone system.

When you get your claim form, rather than sending it in, certify through the automated telecert system. If you do it on Sunday for example, you'll get you check on a Thursday. If you have the card, it will be issued on Tuesday.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:38 AM

37 posts, read 65,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnieO View Post
Me too, Winnie! I got that same letter, dated 8/22, stating that because I was being switched to the card there would be a 1-3 day delay to allow for the extra processing time. I called EDD and was told that the letters that got sent out have the wrong info--that the phone reps. at EDD are hearing that it is taking upward of 7 BUSINESS DAYS to get the new card, with the funds loaded.
I understand tucking away a bit for a couple of days past when we are expecting to get it...but a week? If we had been advised that we could be waiting a week extra for our benefits--we could have at least called creditors and such, explaining the delay. I have been sooo stressed this week, even more so yesterday when it still didn't come. EDD states it was processed last Monday--BUT I may not get the card till Wednesday of this week?? I'm afraid to call back tomorrow, for fear of hearing about another delay.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:36 AM

1 posts, read 3,273 times
Default Good Idea, Poor Execution

The cards are being sent out late and there is absolutely no excuse for making people wait for their money. They should be mailing out the cards BEFORE there is money on them. Whoever decided to put money on the card before it is mailed out is a moron. The first payment should only be able to be put on the card AFTER it has been received and activated. Yes, the card is a good idea, but I resent the fact that they are making people wait weeks before they get their money. It's a very big deal and anyone who says otherwise probably works for EDD or BOA.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:22 AM

19,122 posts, read 11,157,692 times
I was just wondering what so many of you would do if the government shut down for a few weeks and payments were not sent out. Seems like a lot of complaining for a little inconvenience. Just a suggestion maybe your expenditures are more than you can afford.

No I don't work for BofA or EDD. Self employed for the last 12 years.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarti View Post
The cards are being sent out late and there is absolutely no excuse for making people wait for their money. They should be mailing out the cards BEFORE there is money on them. Whoever decided to put money on the card before it is mailed out is a moron. The first payment should only be able to be put on the card AFTER it has been received and activated. Yes, the card is a good idea, but I resent the fact that they are making people wait weeks before they get their money. It's a very big deal and anyone who says otherwise probably works for EDD or BOA.
Now, let's try not letting our emotions speak for us. I've already made it clear that I feel otherwise. I've also mentioned how I received my unemployment. So I work for one of those places but I'm unemployed at the same time???

Maybe they just like me better or something. Perhaps all the info informing me of what was going to happen was only sent to me so I would have an unfair advantage over everyone else. It couldn't have been my habit of having a savings I developed before being laid off that came into play. Even while on unemployment I've managed to maintain a safety net albeit a smaller one but one nonetheless.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I was just wondering what so many of you would do if the government shut down for a few weeks and payments were not sent out. Seems like a lot of complaining for a little inconvenience. Just a suggestion maybe your expenditures are more than you can afford.
^this

we don't agree often but yes exactly.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:38 PM

19,122 posts, read 11,157,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
^this

we don't agree often but yes exactly.

I would bet that most of us posters on this board are more in agreement about most things in life than not. But agreeing to that would take all the fun out of posting now wouldn't it.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:13 PM

540 posts, read 267,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post

No I don't work for BofA or EDD. Self employed for the last 12 years.

I would prefer for this government to shut down permanently not just for a few measly weeks.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:59 AM

455 posts, read 555,817 times
CA unemployment fund is -8 billion in the red because we took a loan from the federal government. Well that money is gone and now the unemployment fund has to pay interest on the loan on top of all the benefits it has to pay.

The whole debit card thing was designed to save money plus I am sure Bofa paid a nice chunk of change to be the one who issues the debit cards. I am sure they are hoping people open Bofa checking accounts as a result. Smart move on their part.

None the less, the unemployment fund is on the verge of collapse if no reforms are made. I am sure eventually everyone who is over 6 months will get their unemployment benefits dropped. No money to pay for it.

Unemployment Fund Insolvent, Interest Coming Due - capradio.org
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California