Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 08:42 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,969,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
You do realize that there is no such thing as something that can't be duplicated and/or cracked right?
Actually there is an ID card that can't be duplicated and utilizes an embedded active microcircuit.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:44 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Actually there is an ID card that can't be duplicated and utilizes an embedded active microcircuit.
I take it, it's read with that circuit?

Old 09-04-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
For better or for worse, California voted for the politicians who said they would vote for the Dream Act on day 1. Brown made it no secret that he supported this during the campaign. The voters still voted him in anyways and he made good on his campaign promise. If you want to gripe about something, gripe about either the voters who voted Brown and the legislators in or gripe about the CA republicans who apparently can't find a decent conservative in the +39 million people to run against him.
There is no decent conservative in California in the eyes of the powerful mainstream media. They have proven to be very effective in demonizing anyone who attempts and the people fall for it every time.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Why yes, an illegal immigrant is everyone who is not a Mexican Citizen who has entered California since 1846 and the illegal invasion and occupation of half of the United States of Mexico

I got to thinking, Homo Sapiens (no donnie that is not a naughty sort of man) has wandered around North America for 10-12,000 years or more.

Those homo sapiens wandered around not thinking about Euro Centric political entities, at all

California and the south west have been part of a Euro Centric political entity for about 400 years

for 240 of those years those homo sapiens wandered around not thinking about Euro Centric political entities at all.

There was a switch between Euro Centric political entities 165 years ago, and for most of the past 165 years those homo sapiens wandered around not thinking about Euro Centric political entities much.

Now all of a sudden those homo sapiens are bad people, very bad people. History finds it amusing.

Land belongs to those who hold it, it does look like the Americans are not doing any better at holding it than the Mexicans did 165 years ago.
Wrong

Old 09-04-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Again, I never said whether they should or shouldn't be created. There's just a certain way I have to communicate with Don9 as our interactions are usually adversarial. He knows I wasn't attacking him like I usually do.
Uh ... adversarial? We may disagree and express our opinions but I'm not sure I would call it adversarial ...

Old 09-04-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I take it, it's read with that circuit?
It can be but it also has visual identification that can't be duplicated.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:13 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
So we have lots of kids born here in California to American citizens. Many of those kids will not be able to attend college because of the cost. Too bad for them.

Good for those kids whose parents broke the law and brought them to this country illegally. The Legislature just gave away an estimated $40million a year to this group of kids who if and when Gov Brown signs it into law will now get to attend college for free..

Something is very wrong with this situation. This legislature could care less about their own California Born citizens and would prefer that you sneak into this state to get that free education. The only good thing about this is that maybe people will wake up and realize that these guys have to be voted out of Sacramento. We have a big enough problem with our enemies on the outside in other nations. We don't need to have enemies in control of our state.

Many within the state have a problem giving their money to those that are citizens of the state and nation. You can't tell me that this doesn't ruffle a lot of feathers when our elected officials do something with our money that won't even benefit the state. Come on. It is time to make a change and get rid of these guys.

California Dream Act goes to Gov. Jerry Brown
What really irks me about this whole thing is what can illegals actually DO with their degrees here in the US as they don't have the legal right to work in our country ...

Old 09-04-2011, 09:14 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post

Can anyone tell me that leaving them little choice but low end jobs and gang membership is preferable to training them in useful occupations?
All the training and education is not going to help someone who doesn't have the legal right to work in the US ...

Old 09-04-2011, 09:48 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Uh ... adversarial? We may disagree and express our opinions but I'm not sure I would call it adversarial ...
Fair enough

Old 09-04-2011, 10:18 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,679,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
All the training and education is not going to help someone who doesn't have the legal right to work in the US ...
They don't have the right to be here, but they are here.

I told you earlier about my two illegal acquaintances, one the CEO of a corporation that employs 1200 people. the other a respected college professor at one of California's most respected private universities.

Oh, and there is another, he is a fine finish carpenter, but he is English, that makes him a better class of illegal than the Mexicans, right?

Your basic premise, which some right wing whacko pundit told you, is false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California