U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Unread 09-04-2011, 11:41 PM

37,265 posts, read 10,330,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
They don't have the right to be here, but they are here.

I told you earlier about my two illegal acquaintances, one the CEO of a corporation that employs 1200 people. the other a respected college professor at one of California's most respected private universities.

Oh, and there is another, he is a fine finish carpenter, but he is English, that makes him a better class of illegal than the Mexicans, right?

Your basic premise, which some right wing whacko pundit told you, is false.
And how does someone without the legal right to work in the USA become a CEO of a corporation and a California university professor? Either they became legal prior to obtaining these positions or they stole someone's identity.

Unread 09-05-2011, 12:01 AM

7,155 posts, read 3,674,416 times
Quote:

I told you earlier about my two illegal acquaintances, one the CEO of a corporation that employs 1200 people. the other a respected college professor at one of California's most respected private universities.

Oh, and there is another, he is a fine finish carpenter, but he is English, that makes him a better class of illegal than the Mexicans, right?

Don't get me started about all the Canadians I know who live and work here illegally ... scary people -- partly because they are hell-bent on taking over, and partly because they blend in so well ... frightening ... to say nothing of their geese! Lock up your daughters, and take the goldfish out of your ponds.

Unread 09-05-2011, 12:39 AM

9,543 posts, read 11,583,281 times
After reading the posts here I want to mention some comments of my own:

We didn't take this land away from Mexico. That country kept trying to increase its own border. Texas had succeeded from Mexico and that country didn't recognize that fact. Texas became part of the USA and Mexico didn't recognize that. Mexico claimed Texas as its own and decided to fight for it. We ended up going to war with Mexico in 1846. By 1848 the war was over and as part of the aftermath the border was set at the Rio Grand. Mexico lost its rights to everything North of the Rio Grand.

Some have mentioned that we should educate the illegal immigrants because they are here and why would we want to have uneducated illegal people here. I want to know why we should have to spend our money to educate them? If you want to come to this country legally or if you are one of those that has broken the law and entered here illegally then pay for your own education. I just don't think that my tax dollars should be supporting someone that is breaking the law. I know someone will bring up the fact that we do that allready in the grade school and High School level. I would ask why are we doing that? We have to over load classrooms now because the schools don't have the room for our legal kids who's parents are not breaking the law. Why should we have to also teach those that are here costing our State and Nation money?

Another thought. As a legal resident of the state and nation I have to prove that I am a resident. If I want aid for my kids I have to prove how much I make. Tax documents are needed. Documentation is needed. Identification is needed. If I am here illegally I would have none of those things. So those that are citizens have to prove that fact but those that are here illegally don't have to prove anything. And the illegal gets to have a free education. Well it is not free, you and me are paying for it. Talk about a transfer of wealth. In the old days at least the recipients of that transfer of wealth was a legal citizen. Now it is better in this state to be an illegal immigrant. Maybe what I will do is have my kids apply for college minus the documetation. The state can have the burden of proof to determine if my kids are here legally or illegally. That way I won't have to come up with any of the money.

Then again let them get that free college education. We could always use a bunch more Sociollogy or English majors running around.

Unread 09-05-2011, 05:34 AM

8,266 posts, read 8,821,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia strikes again.
Yep. Brown hasnt signed the bill yet. Is our legislature that dysfunctional ?

Unread 09-05-2011, 07:39 AM

8,319 posts, read 2,197,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
All the training and education is not going to help someone who doesn't have the legal right to work in the US ...
Just wait until CA maikes it a crime for a business that operates in CA to discriminate against anyone educated at a UC school.

Unread 09-05-2011, 07:43 AM

8,319 posts, read 2,197,946 times
Quote:

Yes, they're here. And by rewarding the criminal behavior, you're assuring that even more break the law to be here.

First of all, I don't believe your examples. Secondly, Irish or Mexican, he's an illegal.

Typical liberal - nothing but antecdotal "proof", so they resort to namecalling and attacks.

Unread 09-05-2011, 09:23 AM

11,434 posts, read 8,655,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Don't get me started about all the Canadians I know who live and work here illegally ... scary people -- partly because they are hell-bent on taking over, and partly because they blend in so well ... frightening ... to say nothing of their geese! Lock up your daughters, and take the goldfish out of your ponds.
uh oh we're losing him LOL

Unread 09-05-2011, 09:30 AM

7,155 posts, read 3,674,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
uh oh we're losing him LOL
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance and sacrifice through duty -- be it north or south ... the barbaric hordes know no borders and respect not the points on a compass ... watch your asparagus and almonds as you would your children ... Canadians at the garden gates! Mexicans at the universities!

Unread 09-05-2011, 10:22 AM

45,713 posts, read 29,904,104 times
Quote:
This is not an accurate statement, anyone who wants to go to college can afford to go to college. If you know some one who claims they cannot afford to go to college, they are not being truthful.

Regarding the children of undocumented. If they get financial aid it is because they qualify academically and financially,

And, if they get financial aid, they get it after all citizens who have requested financial aid have received theirs.

Now, can anyone tell me that not educating young people is better than educating them?

Can anyone tell me that leaving them little choice but low end jobs and gang membership is preferable to training them in useful occupations?
Then what's the point of bringing in millions of uneducated people? Our government encourages massive illegal immigration, leaves the borders wide open to anyone and everyone just so the employers get unlimited amounts of dirt cheap workers. So now you're telling us they need to be educated?

How about educating American kids? Let the illegals pick lettuce or clean toilets?

Unread 09-05-2011, 10:34 AM

4,322 posts, read 1,955,003 times
Why is California shoving the "dream act" down the throats of Californians, without public vote, and without it being a "California" issue since immigration control is a federal responsibility ...

Simple ... Obama can't pass the dream act at the federal level and he can't grant amnesty to all illegals in the country ... he would if he could but the federal government is not the California government and the people of the USA will not allow it to happen ... Obama knows this and all the democrat politicians know this would be a political death wish if they supported such treasonous actions without support.

Obama and the democrats have worked out a plan with Jerry Brown to pass the California dream act, without public vote, knowing California would be one of the few states to accept it. With the dream act passed in California it puts much more pressure on the other states and politicians in Washington to pass it at the federal level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California