U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 04:27 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,507,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
Democrat Assemblyman, Gil Cidillo, is purposing a bill that would prohibit the arrest of unlicensed drivers and prevent police from impounding the drivers car.
Of course this is all about making sure illegal immigrants can continue to escape
persecution and get off scot free, Unbelievable!

"Supporters say the bill, AB353, would impose a consistent policy statewide - some agencies confiscate unlicensed drivers' cars now, and some do not - while keeping DUI checkpoints from being turned into traps for otherwise law-abiding illegal immigrants who cannot obtain licenses."

So now if you break 2 laws, you're considered "law abiding" ?

Calif. bill would protect unlicensed drivers from arrest
Gotta love commiefornia! No different than any other state governed by liberal nutballs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 04:32 PM

1,987 posts, read 2,959,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
If that's the case, why does California still prohibit Latin American doctors from practicing in CA? Florida allows Latin American doctors to practice there.

California has no laws against doctors from Islamic countries practicing in the state (nor does any US state, nor should any US state). Yet CA is one of the states which still bans doctors from Spanish speaking countries in the Americas from practicing in the state, which is blatantly discriminatory in addition to being very anti-Latino.
Please elaborate. I know states can fail to recognize various medical schools in other countries, but CA absolutely recognizes schools in Latin America. Here is the link: Welcome to the Medical Board of California - Medical Schools Recognized by the Medical Board of California

I don't understand what you mean by "ban"? I know they don't outright ban.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:48 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,882,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
Please elaborate. I know states can fail to recognize various medical schools in other countries, but CA absolutely recognizes schools in Latin America. Here is the link: Welcome to the Medical Board of California - Medical Schools Recognized by the Medical Board of California

Good correction Caraway !

Sounds like someone just wanted to cry about something being 'anti latino'.. and to think such people vote on policies in this country *SMFH

Old 09-15-2011, 05:27 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
14,518 posts, read 15,230,962 times
If you're involved in a traffic accident and the other driver appears to be Hispanic, and cannot produce any valid drivers license, vehicle registration card or proof of insurance, and cannot speak conversational English, then what else could you assume except that they are an illegal immigrant?

I'm sure you could construct a valid scenario for perhaps 2 percent of the instances that would not involve illegal immigration.

I don't understand this issue anymore. I remember to the old days when law and order were priorities with society. In the present day politics is king and law and order have taken the back seat. Today the laws do not matter, they are irrelevant because they are not enforced.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:59 PM

23,605 posts, read 31,397,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
If you're involved in a traffic accident and the other driver appears to be Hispanic, and cannot produce any valid drivers license, vehicle registration card or proof of insurance, and cannot speak conversational English, then what else could you assume except that they are an illegal immigrant?

I'm sure you could construct a valid scenario for perhaps 2 percent of the instances that would not involve illegal immigration.

I don't understand this issue anymore. I remember to the old days when law and order were priorities with society. In the present day politics is king and law and order have taken the back seat. Today the laws do not matter, they are irrelevant because they are not enforced.
...and for that you can thank the liberal left.

3...2...1...time for them to come out of the woodwork and try to deny and mitigate it.

In their own way the rabid right ain't much better, if at all.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:42 PM

17,447 posts, read 23,894,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post

OK. My error. I see from that link that the laws have been changed from how they were 20 years ago. That's progress.

As for the original topic of the thread: perhaps non-illegals should take a hint from what illegals are getting away with and do the same things/behave the same way.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:17 AM

7,150 posts, read 8,779,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post

Easy ... you could also guess -- as would any actual detective -- that you have possibly a legal citizen who, for any one of several reasons (all bad) doesn't want to reveal his identity ... and thus pretends to not speak English.

Elementary police work. Other nationalities are known to do the same. Legal citizens who speak only English are, similarly, known to fake being deaf. In fact, my wife who is profoundly Deaf and cannot speak with her voice, was arrested last year and charged with a crime for which there was no evidence connecting her simply because the cops did not believe that Deaf could hold valid driver's licenses (which they have since the early days of last century, btw ... she was pulled over as a suspicious vehicle, handed the cop her DL, wrote notes to no avail.) ... therefore they assumed (there's that magical word again) she had something to hide. She was handcuffed, denied her federal ADA right to interpreter, and thrown in jail overnight with some pretty bad customers. Think about being Deaf and speaking with your hands as your voice but they are shackled behind you and you are chained to a wall and then jailed until your husband can bail you out the next morning (couldn't come at night because no ferry from the island and can't boat over in the dark in a storm). Can you spell l-a-w-s-u-i-t? Use BIG capital letters.

Now then, that answered, my point isn't whether the driver was illegal or not in actuality ... it is a good possibility he was ... my point is that throwing accusations around is dishonest and bigoted without proof ... and many many posters on this forum take every possible advantage of every possible opportunity to paint illegals as criminals (beyond the one act of staying in the U.S. without visa and permission). Sometimes they are criminals ... just like often citizens are.

I'm not saying the driver in the story wasn't illegal. I'm not defending illegals at all, in this particular post. I'm pointing out the hypocrisy and bigotry of casting blame without proof -- which sport seems to be endemic here on California C D ... done with the attitude that: "who cares if our stories are factual and accurate? No one gets hurt if they aren't -- except illegals ... ergo: it's okay [for them to be blamed] because we all know they all suck.

No, actually, they don't all suck.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:21 AM

457 posts, read 1,010,125 times
Where is the yawn smiling face?

The thing that always shocks me the most is how is this even a discussion? You need a valid license to drive and should be deported if you are found to be in the country illegally.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:33 AM

5,113 posts, read 4,941,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think About It! View Post

The thing that always shocks me the most is how is this even a discussion? You need a valid license to drive and should be deported if you are found to be in the country illegally.
Not when the progressive liberals are running federal, state and local governments. They want people dependent on government handouts ... legal or not and the more the better because the liberal politicians feel people dependent on government handouts will keep voting in politicians that support it.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:48 AM

7,150 posts, read 8,779,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think About It! View Post

I agree ... but not for the same reason as you ... it is only a discussion because folks relish the opportunity to use any subject possible to heap abusive innuendo on illegals and Mexicans in general. Enjoy abusive innuendo? Heap it on investment bankers. A heinous bunch if ever there was. Can't trust any of 'em as far as you could throw an elephant. Why I'll bet there are scobs of them that drive without licenses! That's the way they do business so it only stands to reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California