U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-16-2011, 06:33 PM

17,447 posts, read 14,092,014 times

Advertisements

If we could stay on topic and stop with the personal attacks, that would be nice. I don't think any part of our society, illegal or legal should be granted some extra "right" for something I must be held responsible for. If someone cannot play by the rules we as a society have chosen they must suffer the consequences of that action.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 06:39 PM

2,312 posts, read 1,660,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Au contraire ... I do not think for one second that I, or anyone including Tim Geithner and company, could "roll into Wall St with guns a blazing" and emerge with America in a better place ... it would, as you say in this case, throw us into a depression worse than ever seen. In fact, I am quite sure that the reason Obama has been dealing with the economy and Wall Street as he has, and has been vilified himself for by his former supporters, is he knows better than to go after these guys -- particularly at this time ... the psycho-sociopathic personalities I identify particularly with Wall St. flat out OWN the turf of the world ... and always have ... and will always continue to ... not a doubt in my mind since man turned from hunting-gathering to agriculture.
I'm glad you understand this ..

Quote:
And none of that alters in the slightest my opinion of them and what they do ... they stink like the rotten fish they are ... they always have ... and always will ... and there is no getting rid of them or the smell.
Opinions are opinions .. You seem to have a lot. Good for you.

Quote:
As for your "With one hand you collect the many benefits of their work and w/ the other you would love to smite them for it..." -- this is exactly my point about this thread and vilifying illegals, Sigmund. Funny you should write that in defense of the real rotten fish.
Don't falsely apply this to illegals... I never endorsed nor do I benefit the most from illegals.. the scumbag farm owners/etc who openly hire them against federal law do .. it contributes to their profit margins (not having to invest in capital equipment/technology) and a very small percentage translates down to the consumer.... So, to correctly apply the analogy, you should direct your hate to the profiteering/greedy business men who knowingly hire the illegals...

Quote:
And as for "the yard work and labor you are soo proud your amazing kids do" ... you are really too much to take seriously ... you haven't done a fraction of the yard work I or my kids have ... you haven't been around long enough ... your pride at hard labor is hilarious ... you cut lawns for a few summers? I've taken care of a home for well over 50 years if you include my own lawn-cutting days as a kid ... most everyone has a lemonade stand or newspaper delivery route or lawn cutting stint as a kid ... do you really think that qualifies you as having "labored"?
I did it for over 5 years to correct you .. While I was getting an education so I didn't have to labor .. I laid tile on my own .. I drove a truck on my own and worked Mon-Friday cutting lawns, installing septic tanks, putting in fences and all that jazz.. What? I have to throw away my masters degree in computer engineering and go lay bricks to appreciate hard labor? Give me a f***n break. You seem to think the only people in society who matter are those who do hard labor .. that's the difference between me and you.. i know that they matter and so do the people in corporate buildings in the A/C ..

Quote:
Three of my four kids are in building trades, including one who alternates landscaping with masonry work. They have each done more real work in any one year (they are all your age and older) than you have in your entire life, kid. You are apparently about 27, right? With four years of college, that's 23 years, minus the 17 or 18 you spent in childhood and lower schooling, leaves you about 4 - 5 years in the workforce (if you call what you do work -- I don't) -- except for summer work and after school work as a young teen and college kid ... But oh wait, you also claim to have traveled the world extensively ... plus you brag about how your "work" is trading in financial products, right? Currency trades or such? Where's the time to have all the callouses you speak of having earned?
#1 you don't know my age.. right. So don't assume it.
#2 Before I went off to college, i ran a lawn business/home improvement business... while being in 8 clubs at school and running a 4.75 .. Add in the 1 year before highschool.. I collectively labored for 5 years.. apparently, that is not enough for you to gain an understanding of labor.. stupid is as stupid does.. one must repeat the same mundane labor for i guess a lifetime to appreciate it ...

When I was in school i worked too .. and yes, I have spent most of my time in the corporate work place + i trade and travel the world ..

The callouses were earned in my early adulthood .. Education opens up doors for you and allows you to contribute to society beyond laboring ... I know .. a noble concept.. So, if you could please stop trying to attack my character in everyone of your posts comparing me to your sons/daughters that'd be great. It's a big world out there cool guy mixed w/ lots of different people contributing in lots of different ways.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:42 PM

2,312 posts, read 1,660,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Wait just a gol durned minute here, Yeahthatguy went to college? Did he write papers? Did his grammar checker blow up?

Isn't the kid a chemist? In Britain that is a pharmacist.
The hillbilly attack parade has arrived... Pay me my hourly wage and maybe you might get better posts out of me.. Otherwise, I see no reason to put any more into my posts than anyone else. I'll take out my degrees and take pictures of them later but since this would serve no purpose I wont..

Have a good day.. Nothing to prove to you, I've already proven it to people for which it matters

Old 09-16-2011, 07:12 PM

7,151 posts, read 4,432,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
So, to correctly apply the analogy, you should direct your hate to the profiteering/greedy business men who knowingly hire the illegals...
Oh, I do indeed include them!
Quote:
I did it for over 5 years to correct you .. While I was getting an education so I didn't have to labor .. I laid tile on my own .. I drove a truck on my own and worked Mon-Friday cutting lawns, installing septic tanks, putting in fences and all that jazz.. What? I have to throw away my masters degree in computer engineering and go lay bricks to appreciate hard labor? Give me a f***n break. You seem to think the only people in society who matter are those who do hard labor .. that's the difference between me and you.. i know that they matter and so do the people in corporate buildings in the A/C ..
Sigmund Sigmund ... I had a family starting when I was still a teenager in the military ... I bought my first home when I was 21 ... I worked full time in printing and carpentry trades while I went to five years of university and earned my BA and Masters (I tested out of over 2 years credits in 5 hours to save a couple years) ... all this while owning and maintaining the home and being a husband and father ... I know all about how much work it takes and how much gets done in a day ... at the age you have placed yourself as being in previous posts, you have not worked five years between high school and college ... meaning you worked part time on the side, didn't have a home to take care of, and aren't married and have no kids ... and most importantly: 5 years doesn't hardly scratch the surface ...
Quote:
You, yourself, have bracketed your age at somewhere between 26 and 28 in previous posts ... unless you were lying
Quote:
The callouses were earned in my early adulthood ... So, if you could please stop trying to attack my character in everyone of your posts comparing me to your sons/daughters that'd be great.
Early adulthood? You're still IN your early adulthood! And I never compared you previously to my kids ... you just brought that up recently.

All told, the reason I come at you is because of the way you demean people, individually and collectively ... pet peeve of mine. As I have said before, if you don't like looking in the mirror, think about the way you present yourself. You have a minor in psychology? "Doctor, heal thyself."

Prime example today in another post: you brag about seeking repair to your motorcycle ... you called a shop ... they quoted you $100 an hour ... your response was "I don't even make $100 an hour! so I fixed it myself". Good for you ... but the tacit, between the lines meaning of your statement is (without even considering that the $100 figure is a shop, overhead inclusive figure, not what the mechanic himself gets): "the mechanics have a lot of nerve asking for more money an hour than me, the computer / financial wizard" or whatever you are ... because you are so much smarter and more worthy than a grease monkey? You deserve more because you are a more valuable person? I'm sure we'll hear your explanation.

Last edited by nullgeo; 09-16-2011 at 07:30 PM..

Old 09-16-2011, 07:13 PM

17,447 posts, read 14,092,014 times
Quote:
I'm glad you understand this ..

Opinions are opinions .. You seem to have a lot. Good for you.

Don't falsely apply this to illegals... I never endorsed nor do I benefit the most from illegals.. the scumbag farm owners/etc who openly hire them against federal law do .. it contributes to their profit margins (not having to invest in capital equipment/technology) and a very small percentage translates down to the consumer.... So, to correctly apply the analogy, you should direct your hate to the profiteering/greedy business men who knowingly hire the illegals...

#2 Before I went off to college, i ran a lawn business/home improvement business... while being in 8 clubs at school and running a 4.75 .. Add in the 1 year before highschool.. I collectively labored for 5 years.. apparently, that is not enough for you to gain an understanding of labor.. stupid is as stupid does.. one must repeat the same mundane labor for i guess a lifetime to appreciate it ...

When I was in school i worked too .. and yes, I have spent most of my time in the corporate work place + i trade and travel the world ..

The callouses were earned in my early adulthood .. Education opens up doors for you and allows you to contribute to society beyond laboring ... I know .. a noble concept.. So, if you could please stop trying to attack my character in everyone of your posts comparing me to your sons/daughters that'd be great. It's a big world out there cool guy mixed w/ lots of different people contributing in lots of different ways.
Does anyone think for one minute that food prices would change if there was an amnesty, mass deportation, prison labor, audits for min wage? The illegal businesses (which they are if using illegal labor) will ALWAYS pass the increase on to the consumer. It will never go down no matter what the labor costs. Greedy businesses work that way on any level.

Next, speaking of tiring, illegal is a status and I'm tired of everyone seeing that word and immediately tying it to Mexican or Hispanic even though, indeed, that is the majority. Too many running with that.

Last, before the invasion which started about 30 years ago good ol American sweat is what was getting it done. It's too bad so many markets have been devastated by the influx of illegal labor.

I do blame the press as just like this article it's what they want and present it that way. It's unlicensed drivers.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 09-16-2011 at 07:26 PM..

Old 09-16-2011, 07:31 PM

5,375 posts, read 7,165,259 times
Quote:
You and most people in mainstreet haven't the slightest clue of the 'real' damage wallstreet has caused nor are you aware of the real consequences it is protecting you from.. With one hand you collect the many benefits of their work and w/ the other you would love to smite them for it...
That's IMO one of the biggest reality disconnects going today in the unsuspecting public, that not many understand how serious the damage is.

Quote:
Illegal is illegal ..
It isn't a matter of law anymore. It has been promoted to a political issue and a social issue now. I don't like it but there you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Ca has the #1 most dysfuctional legislature in the nation. If brownie signs this lame bill & dream act 2 then the illegals will flood into ca big time. They are already guaranteed FREE health care & a education (K-12 grade). At least for now they cant take my job (such as it is) but im sure they will find a way. The activists & dirty politicians who support these criminals should be ****.
You need to approach this on a political level. The matter has obviously gone over the heads of local or state law enforcement. It's a political issue.

Last edited by Lovehound; 09-16-2011 at 07:40 PM..

Old 09-16-2011, 07:35 PM

19,279 posts, read 16,632,559 times
Y'all's funny. Pathetic but funny! Carry on.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:38 PM

5,375 posts, read 7,165,259 times
Quote:
Prime example today in another post: you brag about seeking repair to your motorcycle ... you called a shop ... they quoted you $100 an hour ... your response was "I don't even make $100 an hour! so I fixed it myself". Good for you ... but the tacit, between the lines meaning of your statement is (without even considering that the $100 figure is a shop, overhead inclusive figure, not what the mechanic himself gets): "the mechanics have a lot of nerve asking for more money an hour than me, the computer / financial wizard" or whatever you are ... because you are so much smarter and more worthy than a grease monkey? You deserve more because you are a more valuable person? I'm sure we'll hear your explanation.
Well really, isn't that the essential quibbling point between all professions? If you're sick, then maybe you need a doctor. On the other hand if you want to heat your house, maybe you need a wood chopper. Who's to say which occupation is worth more?

Old 09-16-2011, 07:52 PM

6,390 posts, read 3,545,953 times
Quote:
Last, before the invasion which started about 30 years ago good ol American sweat is what was getting it done.
Actually, 30 years ago was 1981. The Bracero program ended in 1964. Mexican guest workers, they were responsible for much of California's farm work from 1942 to 1964. Prior to that it was a mix of Japanese, Filipino, African Americas and some white Americans, during the 1930's primarily Okies.

Japanese and Filipino farmworkers were the dominant farm labor force from about the turn of the century to 1942, when the Filipinos enlisted in the American Military. and the Japanese men women and children were interned in Concentration Camps.

Now, after 1964 there were no more Mexican guest workers, however the need for labor did not change. The good patriotic Republican growers, like my old man (democratic growers are as scarce as hens teeth) built camps in the hills, supplied bedding, tentage, food and drink for the invited illegals. And that my friends is the root of the problem, Republicans

As for Yeahthatguy, have any of you ever met anyone who came from such a distressed background and who through manly perseverance endured and triumphed to be such a profound force for good and financial stability. He is, truly, a Legend in his own Mind.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:05 PM

7,151 posts, read 4,432,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Well really, isn't that the essential quibbling point between all professions? If you're sick, then maybe you need a doctor. On the other hand if you want to heat your house, maybe you need a wood chopper. Who's to say which occupation is worth more?
Yes, it is an essential quibbling point ... and an often pretty silly one, I agree ... which is why I drew this example ... I react to people's arrogance ... and this is why I brought up the example of the way illegals are vilified when other 'legal illegals' get away with what they do on a daily basis ... it's selective nonsense ... a thread here starts around the issue of unlicensed drivers getting "a free pass" ... the thread was really started as another way to bash illegal immigrants ... and sure enough, though there is an actual issue aside from illegals here, focus goes for the throat of the illegals -- and tacitly, illegal Mexicans ... stories are inserted without proof, etc. People want to do that, I will take the opportunity to push back and demonstrate the disingenuousness and bigotry in play.

The world is full of injustice. Illegals driving without licenses is pretty darn low on the list compared to high financial crime. I accept high financial crime as a reality ... in fact it is part, a big part, of how the world goes round and always has. It is devastating but a fact of life. Illegals driving without licenses is a fact of life, as well -- and hardly devastating to society.

Last edited by nullgeo; 09-16-2011 at 08:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California