U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 07:06 PM

6,390 posts, read 7,632,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Totally unhelpful to spam the name of a town at 7,000 ft.
He asked a question, he got an answer, what is your problem?

The outlet of Lake Tahoe is at 6200 feet, Truckee is down stream from that, think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 07:14 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,555,601 times
I've been to Truckee this week--beautiful mountain areas around there, just too far of a drive from Bay area, and gets cold at that elevation, it's going to be snowing this week I think already. I'm trying to stay down below 3000 feet to avoid much snow cover.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:28 PM

Snow keeps out the riff raff, there are places in Truckee where folks have lived in RV's or travel trailers for years.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:33 PM

2,190 posts, read 5,927,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Snow keeps out the riff raff, there are places in Truckee where folks have lived in RV's or travel trailers for years.
He wants lower elevation.
He stated that in the original post.
He doesn't want a lot of snow.
And anyone who doesn't want a lot of snow does not belong in Truckee!
And, btw, Truckee is full of "riff-raff".

Old 10-03-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaijai View Post
He wants lower elevation.
He stated that in the original post.
He doesn't want a lot of snow.
And anyone who doesn't want a lot of snow does not belong in Truckee!
And, btw, Truckee is full of "riff-raff".
Lower is relative, so is "a lot of snow" btw, Truckee is full of riff raff? Huh, in my 40 years living there, I must have missed them.

Truckee is full of mtn bikers, runners, skiers , sno mo'ers, writers, photographers, More Olympic medal holders live in Truckee that any where else I have
heard of.

I should think anyone claiming some sort of relationship with Dev, would not criticize others.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Lower is relative, so is "a lot of snow" btw, Truckee is full of riff raff? Huh, in my 40 years living there, I must have missed them.

Truckee is full of mtn bikers, runners, skiers , sno mo'ers, writers, photographers, More Olympic medal holders live in Truckee that any where else I have heard of.
I'm originally from Truckee.
When i was born and lived there it was a very cool place.
Well, not anymore.
Speaking generally, i do not like the vibe of the people ... locals and all of the upper echelon idiots aggressively running around the area and the full-of-themselves, attitudinal pseudo hippies with big egos and cold hearts.
I find the town generally obnoxious ... generally speaking.
Technically, they are not riff-raff but to me, they are not a pleasant lot ... again, speaking generally.
I think i'm someone who prefers riff-raff .. they're less pretentious.
But i'm biased and i have attitude about special places that have been ruined by too many stupid humans.
I've lived in a number of places where that has happened and live in a place now where it happened.
So, pardon my snarkyness.
And oh my god, do you have a problem admitting that you're wrong?
In his original post he stated that he wanted to live with elevation between 1500-3000 ft. and wants "only little snow in winter".
Yes, everything is relative but Truckee = a lot of snow ... no relativism about it unless you're comparing it to .... to what? the Himalayas?

Old 10-03-2011, 08:06 PM

If you are from Truckee, I probably knew your mother

Old 10-03-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
If you are from Truckee, I probably knew your mother
I'm not sure how i should take that.
When were you there?

Old 10-03-2011, 08:15 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,555,601 times
Honestly, I didn't feel like I'd fit in in either Tuckee or Tahoe City, even if I wanted to live my weekends that high/far from SF Bay. I noticed both "riff-raff" (in a bad way) and folks flashing how much money they have in these areas.
I'm pretty positive I want to be below 3000 ft, want very, very little snow. Within 3 hour radius from Bay. Local conditions vary, but 3000 is pretty much a winter "snowy" line, on average, I've been talking about it to rangers in different national forests. There's a nice belt of mixed conifers and hardwood forests where it's not much snow, above oakland and hardwood forests. Once you get all-conifers, it mostly means "quite snowy in winter". Can be lots of snow at lower elevations too, but it got to be La Nina year or something...

Old 10-03-2011, 08:55 PM

How about some of the higher elevations in Sonoma county?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California